Sign in to follow this  
justin123

Is it worth it?

Since my computer cant run ArmA2 and ill have to wait 3-6 months to get a new one i was wondering if i should download ArmA off steam just to get used to ArmA and get in that learning curve,

but is ArmA worth 20$?

Sorry i cant find anywhere else to post this.

If you do buy ArmA 1, just get the gold pack. You can pick it up cheap off amazon or ebay.

but is ArmA worth 20$?

Isn't it $50?

ArmA is great, and there are some great mods for it as well. This is actually a great way to go it. ArmA was buggy as hell, but eventually they patched it to be stable. Now ArmA II is buggy as hell, but hopefully will be stable eventually. So play ArmA now, and when you get bored, ArmA II should be stable!

Reminds me of this:

cutting_edge.png

K thanks im ganna get the gold pack, Then when im done i should have saved enough money for a new computer.

If you can run arma 1 you can run arma 2. In my opinion, on lower settings arma 2 is much faster than arma 1.

If you can run arma 1 you can run arma 2. In my opinion, on lower settings arma 2 is much faster than arma 1.

Agree. Arma2, with all of itsglorious goodness, runs a HELLUVA lot better than Arma1 did for me, which is amazing! Probably due to Vista x64 really being supported in Arma2. But it seems to be that way for everyone else too. I would suggest grabbing the Arma2 demo from steam. It's free, and if you can run that, the full version will only run better.

Despite what you may read here, the Full version of Arma2 is actually really stable. I don't have any problems at all except some slow texture loading issues in limited cases, which don't really efect the enjoyment level for me. And I'm sure they will be worked out with patches and Nvidia driver updates.