Sign in to follow this  
deltron

Can't Change Texture Settings

Hey there, I can change all my other graphic settings except for my texture detail? It's stuck on normal. Anyone else run across this? The dropdown menu has no other options (it used to)

I've run across this before but I dont know what causes it. Maybe someone else does. I think if you restart the game it might help. If not, maybe try setting something differently in the config files and restart the game.

IIRC some people using post 182.50 drivers for Nvidia cards have this problem. Get the 182.5's and it should be good

If you're already using them or you have an ATI, then I don't know. I guess you could edit your arma2profile and set it manually (not sure what it's called but it's in there)

Depends on your videocard. I dont see you let us know what it is. ARMA2 i think can feel what card you have and you wont be able to go veryhigh unless your card can do so.

But if your card has lots of videomemory and is a new powerful one it might be some problem somewhere. Might maybe try delete the arma2.cfg file and start the game so it creates a new one. Not sure though.

Alex

My bad.

nVidia GTX 260 OC, 896 MB

I have shitty GF9800GT and i can max the setting to very high. It lags like hell though. :D

Forceware 186.18

i'm having the same problem... tried to manually push the settings to high or very high via .cfg but without results. or rather, without improvements. my cards should be able to handle it. i'm not too sure about reverting to 182.50 b/c of, primarily, SLI support for the game. any ideas?

i7 920 2.66ghz

2x n260gtx 896MB SLI (both on x16 PCI-E)

i'm having the same problem... tried to manually push the settings to high or very high via .cfg but without results. or rather, without improvements. my cards should be able to handle it. i'm not too sure about reverting to 182.50 b/c of, primarily, SLI support for the game. any ideas?

i7 920 2.66ghz

2x n260gtx 896MB SLI (both on x16 PCI-E)

Sadly I must now count myself as one of those affected by this.

All I did was lower my in-game settings to the ArmaII-Mark 'standard' of 1680x1050 and Normal. Ran the benchmark, got some results and compared them. Then I tried to put my settings back to Very High and both Texture Detail and Video Memory have been capped at 'Normal'.

I've uninstalled Arma2 and reinstalled, without success. I've also reinstalled the same Nvidia drivers 186.18 (without cleaning down first) and reapplied the Nvidia SLI patch, again without success.

Any ideas, anyone?

what are your view distances? if they are high(4000?) you will be pushed down on your settings...

what are your view distances? if they are high(4000?) you will be pushed down on your settings...

Default Arma2 install was 1500 and I couldn't change above Normal. I then upped that to 3500 and still found I couldn't change them up.

It's odd how the Video Memory has been capped, though. That does kinda indicate that Arma2 isn't correctly identifying my 295 as having two GPUs but i've installed the SLI 'patch'.

I guess the next step is to uninstall the Nvidia drivers, cleansweep them off the system, reboot and reinstall completely afresh.

ok.. so i deleted the arma2.cfg file and now it goes to high, but that's it. using a single GPU actually works better.. didn't have these problems when i installed the game for the first time. sh't sucks :P

localVRAM=2014226176;

nonlocalVRAM=2014226176

try that in your config and you can also set the arma2.cfg properties, attribute to read only.

localVRAM=2014226176;

nonlocalVRAM=2014226176

try that in your config and you can also set the arma2.cfg properties, attribute to read only.

Cheers mate but I checked that after my last attempt and it read the same IIRC.

2/3 through reinstalling Arma2 now after a complete driver uninstall/cleansweep and system-wide 'Arm' search and resulting folder/file deletion.

This should now be exactly the same as my initial Arma2 install. If this doesn't work I don't have a clue what else it could be...

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Dammit, I still have the problem and what's worse, for some reason Arma2 has retained the in-game settings from the previous install. I was sure i'd nuked all the areas.

Can someone tell me where Arma2 stores every single one of its Configuration-type files?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

localVRAM=2014226176;

nonlocalVRAM=2014226176

Just tried this mate and it makes no difference.

TBH at this stage i'm extremely fucking annoyed. I had this game working the best that it can without Patch 3 and all i've done is lowered the in-game settings and now I can't raise them back up again.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Brilliant. So i've messed about with the in-game settings for a bit, restarting the client every time and now I can't raise Texture and Video Memory above Low! Low is the only option I have available....