Sign in to follow this  
FINALCUT

newbie with a serious gripe

for the love of god people,when playing multiplayer,stop running your equipment out of fuel out in the middle of nowhere.i spent 3 hours last night driving a fuel truck all over the place refueling 20 + vehicles at every corner of the map because all the tards who cant read a fuel guage.i try to be a team player and knew the equipment was needed by our guys so i did what needed to be done,but about 75% of the time i get to a helo in the middle of nowhere and theres no damage,or slight damage,only an empty fuel tank.i dont know how long these assets take to respawn,but we had guys all over the base looking for helos to shuttle troops around,and they were all out of gas in the middle of the damn woods.i was first bringing the repair truck out,till i realized most just need gas.fuel gauge is in top left corner of screen,please monitor it.thanks.

Is this really in multiplayer?

I have never sen or left an empty vehicle in mp.

maybe you are talking about coop?

swe. Coop *is* a form of multiplayer. Just because you prefer PvP it doesn't mean coop isn't multiplayer.

And I definitely agree with the OP. I haven't seen it much, but seeing it at all is pretty baffling.

If you are playing on a server running Domination, join in as an engineer. Usually you get the wonderful magic ability at least one time off base to refuel and repair any vehicle that's not completely wrecked with a deep tissue body rub. :D There are many pubbers who'll join a server, hop into a helicopter, and go willy nilly with it, and ditch it somewhere when they get bored and leave the server, or when it looses all it's fuel.

I actually spend a lot of time in servers in both ArmA1 and 2 doing stranded vehicle repair and recovery, which makes me taking up an engineer role a lot in ArmA, and I actually enjoy it. My very first game in ArmA2's MP I spent the first part of the hour finding and recovering a wrecked MLRS and after that a F-35B that was crashed around a bunch of trees on an incline (made it a huge pain to airlift, satchels are your friend when clearing trees), and randomly stumbling across 2 stranded MH-60's and an abandoned MHQ (how do you abandon an mhq? I don't know, but it seemed they forgot about it many AO's ago). Personally I prefere Domination missions to not have MHQ's, but they are handy with servers a little less organized.

i appreciate the tips steakslim,i never tried the engineer,still learning the game.i may have to join an organized clan or something the amount of disorganized lost souls teamkilling and grabbing a helo an flying off while leaving 5 guys on the tarmac looking for a ride is crazy.then the guys on the tarmac get mad and start shooting at the helo,wtf is up with these idiots.ive seen bombing runs on our own base by angry A10 pilots,ive seen an old west style gunfight over who gets the cool toys happen a few times,ive seen many dirtbike races to get to the flightline before the next guy can get your plane.these people are crazy.if i want a cool ride,and theres none available,ill frikin hitch a ride ,or walk.these idiots are going to ruin this game.i love the game,just hate about 30-40% of the players.and for the love of god,if you see a man running 20 miles from the battle,dont just drive by him in your hummer at 50 miles per hour,pick the man up.

I share your frustration. I like choosing the engineer role because most people take the slot and never use it for its intended purpose. You will find a lot of times people will take it to do a side mission and park it there and when they die they leave the server or just jump in a helo to the main objectives, particularly hate when they do that with a wreck chopper. Then there are people that do it just to irritate everyone else, they ditch all of the recovery vehicles and blow up everything else.

Really tired of all of the Domination and Evolution servers though. They can be fun with a good team of players but it gets old very fast with no alternatives (or very few) out there right now.

Finally got MP to work on my machine long enough to have a decent game and it was on a full local Aussie server! great!

I followed a group of about 10 guys that knew what they were doing, mature gamers. Got a lift in a chopper, took the warehouse and blew it. Ran to where we marked for a chopper extraction on the map and there was two helicopters sitting on the ground with no pilot inside with the engine still running. The NOOB pilots flew themselves out, jumped out of chopper and got themselves killed leaving the helicopters sitting there and on.

None of us that were left were pilots so we couldn't fly and there was limited spawn of the damn things so we had to destroy the choppers so they would respawn.

Bloody annoying and spoils the atmosphere.

Everyone is a noob at some stage that is fine but just be a little thoughtful and responsible is all we ask and remember this is NOT BF2.

Made it a huge pain to airlift.

How do you airlift things? I know about the tow cables but I couldnt find any posts explaining it.

Finally got MP to work on my machine long enough to have a decent game and it was on a full local Aussie server! great!

I followed a group of about 10 guys that knew what they were doing, mature gamers. Got a lift in a chopper, took the warehouse and blew it. Ran to where we marked for a chopper extraction on the map and there was two helicopters sitting on the ground with no pilot inside with the engine still running. The NOOB pilots flew themselves out, jumped out of chopper and got themselves killed leaving the helicopters sitting there and on.

None of us that were left were pilots so we couldn't fly and there was limited spawn of the damn things so we had to destroy the choppers so they would respawn.

Bloody annoying and spoils the atmosphere.

Everyone is a noob at some stage that is fine but just be a little thoughtful and responsible is all we ask and remember this is NOT BF2.

I'm writing a beginners guide to online arma (do's, don't and ethics), and will definitely include this. Cheers :)

How do you airlift things? I know about the tow cables but I couldnt find any posts explaining it.

Its a script I believe that mission designers have to put in the mission. In domination (what I play) you fly a lift chopper (blackhawk) over the vehicle (cant be a heavy tank or AAA) and you get the option to lift vehicle in the action menu on the left. Have to hover right above the vehicle. Not easy to do.

I'm writing a beginners guide to online arma (do's, don't and ethics), and will definitely include this. Cheers :)
nice! that would be much appreciated - cheers, cm!

it's the worst when they stop and go, teasing you as you try and enter the vehicle

Well then i hope someone is also writing an expert guide on how to handle newbies. It just sucks if you ask a simple question, in a kind way, on a server with 40 people and you get NO answer. It sucks more if you do that 2 or 3 times.

For example you might have asked how that cargo lifting works. Then you wait. Nobody answers ... Then you run around a chopper and ask if anybody needs it. Nobody answers ... Then you get in and try to lift a vehicle, flying a little weird maybe ... and get kicked. I mean it's ok if i do something dumb and somebody tells me, that it is dumb. But getting kicked without knowing why does not help in learning not to make those dumb things. :D