Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

M16A4 acog?

I read the thread, but it seams it talked more about the FOV and manification more than the actual reticle.

I read the thread, but it seams it talked more about the FOV and manification more than the actual reticle.

Dude, page 2 last five posts. Read them and then come back.

I assume the horizontal markings are for windage? Do you have any information about that?

I don't have any of my reference material on hand about it, but if memory serves me right, the lateral markings are distance markings. So if you are looking at something that is X meters away, each tick is 50 meters, or something like that. I suppose you could use it for windage, but I don't think that is the primary use for it.

The ticks are rather far apart to be doing windage, it would have to be a hurricane to blow the bullet that far off course. Leading targets in a freeway speed vehicle... maaaybe. It's probably angular marks for distance measurement and a sense of scale. It's really nice to be able to tell your machine gunner "Hey, Frank, shift fire 20 mills to the right." while looking through your ACOG.

At the end of the day they are just angular tick marks that denote angles. Whatever you find use for them is your own personal lookout.

the tip of the Chevron is 200m, the inner point of the chevron is 300m, the first cross is 400m, the second is 500m, etc etc, until the bottom which is 800m