Sign in to follow this  
Tipx

Slow Time Acceleration

Have I missed something or you can't actually make the game go really faster?

I ask because in some missions like Manhattan I need to wait for a while for someone to come out of the church but I don't feel like waiting somewhere between 45mins and 1h15 Real-Life Time, doing nothing.

Even with "Time Acceleration", it still not fast (and on my computer, x4 is actually only 2 times faster...)

I know ARMAs are not meant to be "Fast Paced Action Packed Game", but still...

Call me an heretic if you wish, but is there something like there is in Oblivion/Fallout and such where you can say "Wait for X minutes"?

Thanks

Yes, I know that, it's the "Time Acceleration" keys. As I said, they can only get you UP TO 4 times faster.

It would be nice to go below 1x. Sometimes in the heat of battle and trying to micro a lot of ai i would love to be able to slow things down. Does anyone know of a mod that will do this?

It would be nice to go below 1x. Sometimes in the heat of battle and trying to micro a lot of ai i would love to be able to slow things down. Does anyone know of a mod that will do this?

put a trigger and in activation field " setacctime 0.1 ", this slows things down 10x. Is the max acctime now capped or something? Tried a 100x but it was only like 10x faster.

And there is something like wait x minutes. Its the " skiptime x " function where x is hours.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to "wait x minutes" in the Manhattan mission, essentially skipping ahead instead of having to speed up time and wait. Can't remember where I saw that though.

I'm not seeing any increase in speed with using the +/= key - is this a bug? Is there any way to change a config to do this? If there is, please explain the folder locations as I'm a newbie to ARMA hacking.

Thanks!

Hello steiner1943,

You can only increase the speed in the single-player campaign, scenarios, boot camp, single-player editor, and the Arma2 Armory. You cannot change the speed in a multiplayer game (even if you are the only player in a LAN game), multiplayer editor, etc.

Note: I do not have any mods and I'm running the vanilla Arma2 (STEAM).

Also, make sure "Time Acceleration" and "Time Deceleration" are not unbound in your options in Arma2. To do this, go to Options -> Controls -> Scroll down to "Time Acceleration" and "Time Deceleration" and they should be bound to "=" and "-" respectively.

Or you could navigate to your Arma2 configuration file in My Documents -> Arma2 -> yourprofilenamehere.ArmA2.profile -> scroll down to keyTimeInc[] and keyTimeDec[] and they should be set to

keyTimeInc[]={13};

keyTimeDec[]={12};

:bounce3:

Edited by Nostalgia