Sign in to follow this  
witebanshee

Iron or normal sights?

im just wondering which sight people use more, ill always use the normal reticule unless it has a scope and they are really far way (>300M)

I very rarely use the normal site..Even in close quarters I use the iron sights and at range iron sights also.

mostly iron sights. a lot more accurate

but if the enemy is within say 20 meters, normal sights.

I always play with the crosshair disabled so if I want to hit something I use the ironsight... if the enemy is REALLY close I might take rapid shots towards them without using the ironsight, pointing the gun "about there".

i use the iron sight most of the time unless the enemy is like right in front of me, cause the iron sight will block a lot of the view and you won't be able to see to much

A usefull tactic I've found is to go into walk mode, then kneel ( not prone ) and then press the iron sight key. Then when you move forward ( W Key ) you get to see eveything that's in front of you but as soon as you stop you go straight into iron sight view.

I never use "normal sight" (the standard FPS crosshair).

The realistic way to play ofp is without any mysterious floating crosshairs on the screen. I use iron sights for medium-long range shooting and at very close range I shoot from the hip.

Yah, iron sights, always. Try using it as you slowly move into a base, very cool and if enemies pop out you get them really fast as you are aiming all the time in the direction you are watching.

why does everyone use iron sights? i find them big and block my view and dont give the EXACT spot where the bullet goes(thats why the normal one will be moving around more, where it points the bullet goes) i will never use iron sights unless they have a scope(unless im in a bush and need to really hide)

do you guys find them more accurate?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (witebanshee @ Mar. 11 2002,08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and dont give the EXACT spot where the bullet goes<span id='postcolor'>

Mine do!

i use iron sights 95% of the time

the only time i don't is if i'm within maybe 50 meters of multiple enemies and don't have enough time to get them all before they mow down my squad which is standing around

I use the iron sights almost all of the time. Unless I go through a bush and find some ruskie right in front of me. Then I just pull the trigger biggrin.gif

The only time I don't use iron sites is when I walk around a corner or through a bush and almost stand on an enemy...in that case I just cut loose at him using the reticle.

This is really sad, but I don't know how to use an iron sight. I'm serious. Do I aim with the top part? (after pressing 0)

In the demo i always used the normal sight, but when i bought the game i started using the iron sight and liked it. With a little practice, the iron sight is a lot better.

I mainly use the iron site unless the target is very close. IN the demo I never knew about it and it took me a while to realise that you can zoom in by right clicking

PFC_Mike: Yes, right on the tip. I normally try to get the tip of the front sight at the enemies waste height.

I'm using iron sights almoust all the time. Crossair bothers me so i have it disabled. smile.gif

I use the iron sights all the time I can't hit jack shit with the other ones,

Iron sight here, unless the enemy is standing on my hand biggrin.gif

iron sites are for newbies smile.gif. Default crosshair all the way ... thats a more realistic iron site if you ask me ... the OFP iron sites are very unrealistic i mean a iron site is just that a iron

|-| at the end of the gun. Not a bloody scope not including the steyr or the g36. But it does make the game that more visually apealing smile.gif, I use iron sites when im in the mood for candy tounge.gif. eye candy that is smile.gif

O. K post a pic of a m16 up here and you will see the iron site on top of the gun its note a scope its a site |-|.

Hence they should change the name iron site to iron scope smile.gif.

GET me General ;p ?

I don't think a "default crosshair" is very realistic Panzer. When i would point a gun at you i wouldn't see a crosshair moving towards you. I myself use the iron sight whenever i can. When suddenly an enemy appears i just press the fire button, and hope he dies. (most of the time he does)