Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Dogs of War: Russians & Evidence.

Where is the ChDKZ base? Where is the Evidence? I completed taking the two towns. Now I have to convince the Russians against some political force and destroy the ChDKZ base. I go over towns in my Hind and notice red targets in any town with a black X over it. So how can I tell where the base is?

Any towns that turned red I made sure were blue again. All of the towns are under my control.

I went into the two towns that were taken and looked for evidence in the bunkers and couldn't find any. I looked in many of the other towns for evidence, I couldn't find any. After 40 minutes of searching I figured it was no where to be found and I gave that up. Then I took it to the air looking for the ChDKZ base.

I can't find anything!!!

I convinced the Russians by giving them Lopotev (who I found on the little SE island). At some point I randomly opened fire on a convoy (or whatever; it was night) and got a radio message that I just killed some NAPA extremist and that the moderates were willing to ally with me.

I couldn't find the ChDKZ base either though. I flew around in a hind forever but I couldn't find any enemies on the map left at all.. I used endmission and the game ended. Bleh.

I'm now in this mission second time. First time was with 1.01.

Now i managed to unite NAPA & CDF, but as soon as the mission starts the dialog begins, but it will end right away. Cooper says "so what's the plan" to commanders and there it ends. Also that CDF guy Thomas Marty or whatever he is called says nothing to me even when my notebook says he might have valuable information about how to deal with russians.

Also my teammates don't move an inch. They respond to orders, but won't move their asses. Restarting mission wont help.

Guess i'm fucked. :D

I'm now in this mission second time. First time was with 1.01.

Now i managed to unite NAPA & CDF, but as soon as the mission starts the dialog begins, but it will end right away. Cooper says "so what's the plan" to commanders and there it ends. Also that CDF guy Thomas Marty or whatever he is called says nothing to me even when my notebook says he might have valuable information about how to deal with russians.

Also my teammates don't move an inch. They respond to orders, but won't move their asses. Restarting mission wont help.

Guess i'm fucked. :D

I have the same problem. No idea what to do. I tried to load this mission in editor. Works great! BUT! There is no longer alliance between NAPA and CDF. I dont want to play like this, so i am waiting for patch or hotfix.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Another bugged Mission!!!?!?! DAMNIT BIS!

I thought After Manhatten and Dogs of War I wouldn't be having MORE problems with these missions. I was trying to get back into the 'feel' the story was trying to create...well damnit.. heh!

Good try, but epic failure BIS. The campaign has been taking way the hell too damn long so any attempt for BIS to patch it will, in the end, be pointless as I sure as hell wont be playing it again.

I managed to get Lopotev (which in and of itself was crazy because he always shot at me), but I feel that if I don't distroy the ChDKZ base first, it will glitch out before the mission end.

Dvolk said he "Randomly" shot somewhere. Does anyone know where this spot is??

Just finished the Campaign with this mission handing Lopotev over to the Russians.Was funny!

The ChDKZ-Base is in

MSTA.

But another big problem was that it became dark as time moved on!

And no way of finding nightvision-sets!

That made the whole thing a very hard one!

Hehe...turning the vehicles with lights on around to see anything... :D

Let's do another one this time trying to reunite Napa with CDF...

Ehh adding warfare to campaign was a VERY bad idea imo. I'm currently doing this mission - haven't found Lopotev yet, but I found the ChDKZ base. I have it surrounded by most of my squads, with tanks and stuff. The guys have no chance, but due to the "awesome" warfare design, enemy just keeps respawning over and over again. Often a BRDM pops out of thin air right behind me. Damn annoying. Generally I stopped playing due to all that warfare bullshit. Realism my ass :/

Also for some reason I can't order my chopper to fly there and destroy the base buildings - it just keeps staying at HQ where I bought it. It doesn't react to move/keep formation/attack orders, though the rest of my team responds normally.

At the beginning I had the same problem with my team being stuck - I shot them in the legs and healed, this helped and they started reacting...

Edited by Suchy_

And no way of finding nightvision-sets!

When I bought my chopper, I took out the pilot, ran him over and took his :)

But after yall told me where Lopotev was, and how he ended up shooting at me the first 10 times I saw him, and after the chopper glitched when landing a few times, and after it landing he wouldn't get into the car with me and after I couldn't find the base before yall posted where it was... I just got too impatient after hours and hours of trying to figure it out... I just skipped the mission... just like Badlands...

:sad_o:

Yes,I was also thinking of shooting one of the guy with Nightvisions at HQ...I was so jealous :D

And concerning Lopotevs arresting,well it also took me some efforts to survive this attempt:mad:

I like the idea of warfarelike campaign,but due to the complexity these problems/bugs were annoying.

CTDs,not saving or units behaving weired had a huge factor of frustration!

But anyway I enjoyed the immersion...

You guys didn't have NVG? I'm pretty sure I always had them in that mission :/

wait. Isn't the Chedaki base near the airport? I found one on the east and I destroyed it but the notes still talk about a base near the airport!

Nevermind. I just completed the campaign! The Russian base is exactly where the notes say it is. I just sent a few of my guys to roam around the airport and found it.

Edited by Master gamawa

The Chedaki Base is in Mrsta (or whatever the name was), but I cant find the Russian Base. Krasnostav AB it was, but my own troops do not find anything, I myself get killed by a scripted missile whenever I go beyond the airport. And the AI helicopters of the USMC which are under my control do not report anything at all, not even what my own troops see. Those three choppers are really useless.

Dunno how to end the mission. Three days and a ton of reloads later I'm really bored.........

I picked up NV goggles from a dead team leader while I was camping in the base at Msta. Everyone of them has NV goggles, only had to wait one to die.

I've been sitting in the base for couple of hours and still haven't capped it. I don't understand what the values mean in the map, but I guess the base is not going to switch when the SV value goes up. I wonder what keeps it up, since I have butchered a hundred supply and salvage trucks. Those have squashed a few of the AI team leaders with their headless driving and over confident AI which doesn't move away from under a truck.

** ooh, I capped Msta when I was leaving the base to cap the strongholds.

Destroyed the Chedaki base, but it didn't register in the tasks. This is one fubar mission with this setup. No team mates, no murny I suppose...

Where is that Murny fella? I can't see anyone near the HQ. I can only guess it'd be the "officer" by the UAZ.

** Ah, got the Razors to follow me after I got pissed off and shot them once and gave first aid.

Edited by Kalha

I manage to capture lopotev by crashing him with my bmp a little and he surrenderin the island SE of the map... but first i use the " hold fire " .. so i don't kill lopotev... he is near the camp and lying low ...

Weird thing that... lopotev just stood like a stone and don't want to get in the truck for transfer task to russian... so i just greet him and just move without him ... and he appears in the cut scene ambush.. after that i have no idea what to do ... bump !!

Murny? Is that the guy to kill later in the mission? It's the one named "Warlord" you talked to earlier.

Taking out Mrsta (or whatever)..... there were some barracks and stuff in the plain near the village. Fired a couple of SABOT rounds from my T72 and the mission was done.

Still the question: where's that Russian Camp? I can only find one close to an airfield where the Russian flag is, but that's definately not Krasostav.

Weird thing that... lopotev just stood like a stone and don't want to get in the truck for transfer task to russian... so i just greet him and just move without him ... and he appears in the cut scene ambush.. after that i have no idea what to do ... bump !!
I have the same problem - but move where without him? How do I trigger the cutscene?

The Chedaki Base is in Mrsta (or whatever the name was), but I cant find the Russian Base. Krasnostav AB it was, but my own troops do not find anything, I myself get killed by a scripted missile whenever I go beyond the airport. And the AI helicopters of the USMC which are under my control do not report anything at all, not even what my own troops see. Those three choppers are really useless.

Dunno how to end the mission. Three days and a ton of reloads later I'm really bored.........

I don't know if I should spoiler this but what the hell

I found the russian base right in the airport. A russian Warfare building is right beside a hangar. I destroyed it and I got to the end scene.

I have the same problem - but move where without him? How do I trigger the cutscene?

Move to the meeting point for transfering lopotev to the russian near vybor and must use the truck... after that there is a cut scene ambush ... and lopotev escape with the russian heading to the airport...

Ha...... that's probably the trigger that creates the Russian Base. I drove to the island, and my gunner killed everyone who ran around. So...... no cutscene for me. Maybe no Russian Base for me as well!?

Guess I'll have to restart the game, but....... no, that would add a fifth day trying this mission, and I get really bored about all that scripted stupidity.

The sequence for completing this works something like this:

Go to the island.

Go to the investigation point.

You'll get some comms with Littlejohn where he says kill them all.

Kill everyone but the man in the tracksuit standing by the house (the AI will engage him!)

You now need to trigger the 'that's Lopotev' comms, which can be tricky. I did this by going around the back of the house and briefly waiting there on foot.

Now you can creep up behind him and he'll be arrested. Littlejohn says he's sending a helicopter.

Shortly afterwards, the helicopter pilot radios and says he is coming in. I couldn't always get this to happen.

I got into the helicopter by some weird magic, so I don't know how you do that.

You fly to near your HQ. You and Lopotev are disembarked. Get in the truck and he will eventually get in. Then you can drive to the Russians.

The sequence for completing this works something like this:

Go to the island.

Go to the investigation point.

You'll get some comms with Littlejohn where he says kill them all.

Kill everyone but the man in the tracksuit standing by the house (the AI will engage him!)

You now need to trigger the 'that's Lopotev' comms, which can be tricky. I did this by going around the back of the house and briefly waiting there on foot.

Now you can creep up behind him and he'll be arrested. Littlejohn says he's sending a helicopter.

Shortly afterwards, the helicopter pilot radios and says he is coming in. I couldn't always get this to happen.

I got into the helicopter by some weird magic, so I don't know how you do that.

You fly to near your HQ. You and Lopotev are disembarked. Get in the truck and he will eventually get in. Then you can drive to the Russians.

I appreciate this. It helps identify the triggers that are broken.

I appreciate this. It helps identify the triggers that are broken.

The hardest part was confronting the russian spetsnaz. I can't stand them! Had to reload a dozen of times if not more to survive and kill them. The blaim for this is the stupid team AI who get them self so easily killed and not talking shelter.

Edited by Guest