Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

I relate the issues I have to a dull ache that you can ignore for a while, but it becomes more and more of an annoyance as time goes on.

But I can't honestly say if the root of the issues I have come from the game or the mission I play. The servers I'm on crash constantly, but is that a server, mission, or game issue? I don't know. All the servers seem to do this a lot, but I only play warfare, so who knows.

The AI's retarded driving is what drives me the most crazy though.

Its really sad that the engine in Arma2 suck so much as i do. I Mean, i love the game but its filled with bugs and shooth gameplay is non existent.(...)

BI made a realy good game on a really bad engine.

(...)

Have to mention OPF: DR here. There is a game that have done the opposite. Made a medicore game on a good engine. The movment and gameplay is smooth, but everything else is kind of boring.

Armas gameplay and possibilitys combined with OFP:DR engine would make the perfect game. Well, atleast i can dream!

No problems here.

Please do not generalize.

That doesn't help find the solution of YOUR problems but derails.

Edited by Herbal Influence
shortened quotation to the relevant

Ive voted for I like the game but the fun is being sucked out. Apart from a couple of crashes my main issue at the moment is all the graphics sharding that I get with my 4850 graphics card - makes the game unplayable and I am verging on taking it back for a refund. I like the gameplay and loved OFP, the graphics are certainly better but I cant help feeling that Ive seen much of this game before and the same issues are there - unwieldy vehicle controls, lack of abilitiy to play as a gunner in the vehicles as you get no targetting feedback, the BDRM particularly is a complete joke - impossible to control in anything other than the driver seat, the helicopters are better and the planes are surprisingly good fun even without a joystick. But they could have improved the control of the land vehicles a lot. And trying to get vehciles to follow you or follow orders is touch and go - you never really feel in control of the game. These are my concerns but at the moment its the graphics sharding that is the big killer for me.

Im always in the market for a good war game and this game is setting the standard at the moment even though there is plenty of room for adjustments and improvments, apart from crashing to desktop all the time, arma not using all 8gb of ram i have, Ai being so stupid at times and from what i hear my core 2 quad isnt really being utilised as much as it could be then im happy with it, Its potentially the best war game ive played some moments it definalty is and others it pisses me off cuase of some issue that shouldnt be happening but if they iron out them kinks i can see this game being the best for years, i hope it becomes as popular as bf2 was so more servers pop up and more maps and updates keep me having fun.

I bought the Steam version today and came to this forum to check out the comments. I have not read this entire thread because it is too long. Here is my question:

Has there been any comments made by Bohemia as to why they released a game that was so full of bugs?

Not asking for opinions such as "because they are loosers". I looking to understand why such a great game was released with way too many obvious problems. They had to know about 85% of the problems when they finalized the final bits for release.

Edited by nrnoble

The only major issue for me is CTD's, I have no idea why this keeps happening.

When I first had the game 5mins is all I could do with out crashes so I only played in the editor where the problem was reduced to around 30-40mins.

I gave up playing with it a while back but last week tried again, I played all week for hours with only two or three crashes.

This weekend the crashes have started happening much more often again.

I had the game as soon as it was released but it's really frustrating to find months later the CTD's haven't been fixed. I'am getting a few CTD's in other games but it's only with the very latest stuff, all my older games run without problems.

There's been a lot progress mate so throw up your system specs and maybe someone can get ya sorted. I was getting CTDs and rather quickly when in a fast moving vehicle around built up areas. That's all old news and I play endlessy now with no issues. Turns out in my case it was the video drivers (go figure) and the HyperThreading of the i7's.

Best of Luck

Edited by Akilez
Typos....always with the typos

I bought the Steam version today and came to this forum to check out the comments. I have not read this entire thread because it is too long. Here is my question:

Has there been any comments made by Bohemia as to why they released a game that was so full of bugs?

Not asking for opinions such as "because they are loosers". I looking to understand why such a great game was released with way too many obvious problems. They had to know about 85% of the problems when they finalized the final bits for release.

The graphics glitches that are in those YouTube videos look like possible GPU overheating issues? Could that be the case?

I have other problems myself more related to LOD and texture loading which is entirely a problem with Arma not being able to address memory at or above 8GB properly. (The issue of which is STILL not fixed properly)

I'm pretty sure it's not over heating. There was a thread on the issue and it seemed that everyone who had the artifacts were not overheating. You could be right though that it is overheating, I just think it is something else since so many other people had it. Mine never goes past 70C, although it did get to 104C once when my sound card was blocking the fan (that's past the boiling point of water!)

I used a program called Ultra Defrag and it seemed to almost fix it, since the artifacts only came up twice during two hours of gameplay, which is a huge improvement.

I used to get CTD and BSOD's before, but I don't know if they're gone since I haven't played much since I used Ultra Defrag.

Don't forget to update your motherboard drivers as well. One of my friends was having studder issues and crashes. He got very annoyed at how many people kept telling him to update his drivers and he was positive it wasn't the issue, but turns out he just kept updating some of his drivers but none of his motherboard drivers (he didn't even install the drivers on initial windows installation)

After fresh drivers off his manufacturers website Arma hasn't had a problem since.

Don't forget to update your motherboard drivers as well. One of my friends was having studder issues and crashes. He got very annoyed at how many people kept telling him to update his drivers and he was positive it wasn't the issue, but turns out he just kept updating some of his drivers but none of his motherboard drivers (he didn't even install the drivers on initial windows installation)

After fresh drivers off his manufacturers website Arma hasn't had a problem since.

I had no idea about updating motherboard drivers. How do you do it?

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz. You might not need all of that information though.

Also there are Chipset drivers, but I have no idea of what type I have.

Anyways, yeah! Hopefully that is my problem! :)

I had no idea about updating motherboard drivers. How do you do it?

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz. You might not need all of that information though.

Also there are Chipset drivers, but I have no idea of what type I have.

Anyways, yeah! Hopefully that is my problem! :)

You need to open your case and check your motherboard chipset, it is either going to be Nvidia/Intel/SIS/VIA/AMD, etc.. Or check your device manager under System Devices. Once you have that information you can head over to their website and check for driver updates for your motherboard. They should be pretty simple to install, almost like any other driver. Will more than likely have updates for your ethernet, SATA/Raid, etc.

For example, my board is an EVGA Nvidia 680I SLI. I would go to Nvidia's website to download updated drivers for my board.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win764_15.51.html

And it has the following information for the release highlights

Windows 7 64-bit Driver Versions:

* Ethernet Driver (v73.14) WHQL

* Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"

* SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL

* SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL

* RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)

* SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL

* SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL

* Installer (v7.57)

* Audio Driver (v1.00.00.59)

I would download the package and install. I would only choose what I really need though, like I don't need the Network Mngt Tools, Raid, or Audio Driver, but the rest I would install.

If you need further help you can PM me or just post in here.

As far as this post and the game, I selected:

Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth

Had some issues on initial install with Win XP 32 bit. Artifact issues, nothing I tried corrected the problem and I read this forum inside and out for about 2 hours trying every tweak/config I could. Ended up upgrading to Win 7 64, needed to anyways this just made me do it faster. I was on Vista 64 before but it crashed on me and I didn't go back to it. Game runs pretty smooth now, 30'ish constant FPS on ground and in air so it's stable. Still tweaking a bit more to pump out some more FPS on highest settings.

Edited by jigawatt

Abc94 try AMD's dual core optimiser from the AMD site. I remember it helped me a little when I had my x2 3600+

Ok, I got it. I haven't really played around on Arma to much since I got it, but i'll let you know if it makes a differnce

happens.

You need to open your case and check your motherboard chipset, it is either going to be Nvidia/Intel/SIS/VIA/AMD, etc.. Or check your device manager under System Devices. Once you have that information you can head over to their website and check for driver updates for your motherboard. They should be pretty simple to install, almost like any other driver. Will more than likely have updates for your ethernet, SATA/Raid, etc.

For example, my board is an EVGA Nvidia 680I SLI. I would go to Nvidia's website to download updated drivers for my board.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win764_15.51.html

And it has the following information for the release highlights

Windows 7 64-bit Driver Versions:

* Ethernet Driver (v73.14) WHQL

* Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"

* SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL

* SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL

* RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)

* SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL

* SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL

* Installer (v7.57)

* Audio Driver (v1.00.00.59)

I would download the package and install. I would only choose what I really need though, like I don't need the Network Mngt Tools, Raid, or Audio Driver, but the rest I would install.

If you need further help you can PM me or just post in here.

As far as this post and the game, I selected:

Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth

Had some issues on initial install with Win XP 32 bit. Artifact issues, nothing I tried corrected the problem and I read this forum inside and out for about 2 hours trying every tweak/config I could. Ended up upgrading to Win 7 64, needed to anyways this just made me do it faster. I was on Vista 64 before but it crashed on me and I didn't go back to it. Game runs pretty smooth now, 30'ish constant FPS on ground and in air so it's stable. Still tweaking a bit more to pump out some more FPS on highest settings.

I just found my Motherboard chip set CD. It's an "NVIDIA GeForce 6150". Something close to yours I think. I'll let you guys know what happens.

And, really, I appreaciate the help! I must have spent over 12 hours looking on the fourms/google trying to solve this problem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my Device manager it says I have "NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management".

Is this something to do with my chipset driver? It says "nForce" instead of "Gforce".

Edited by Abc94

The "Geforce 6150" is a graphics chipset built onto the motherboard, which I'm sure you're not using for your graphics card (just because it wouldn't run Arma 2), so that CD isn't going to help you.

You have an nForce chipset, you just need to find out which nForce chiset number you have. If I know what your Motherboard model number is then I can tell you.

You have an nForce chipset, you just need to find out which nForce chiset number you have. If I know what your Motherboard model number is then I can tell you.

It's an M2NPV-VM

Your chipset is nForce 430. nVidia doesn't hold those chipset drivers on their website anymore but search the web and you should be able to find it in a driver repository somewhere.

I think BI should fire their finance department. Devs are taking a lot of heat while finance department who may have rushed this product ("if it can run then release it") are sitting in their foxholes.

Ηey I just got my first "Receiving" freeze!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!! I am one of you now! No, seriously my whole game locked up and I had to restart. First time ever.

I don't know what caused it but I feel I've been through some adulthood ritual!

BRING THE SHAMANS!

If it worked, I'd love it, as it is, it simply doesn't.

I'm very dissapointed, this game has put me off not just BIS products but PC gaming in general, so much so I just traded Arma 2 in and got Flashpoint for the 360 and have been thoroughly enjoying that, I just feel a bit sad that I can't play Arma 2 and have the same experience as Dragon Rising just doesn't have the depth on offer with Arma, but at least what it does offer works, and that's enough for me.

Anyway - Good luck to those who persevere, I can't say I didn't have any fun with the game, and I can certainly see the potential, but I certainly wouldn't reccomend this to anyone.

Peaceout, and goodbye :)

It's unfortunate some people have troubles with it, but that's PC gaming for ya.

Yeah that sounds brutal... And here i am with a shit pc and run the game great. Especially with the latest beta.

If it worked, I'd love it, as it is, it simply doesn't.

I'm very dissapointed, this game has put me off not just BIS products but PC gaming in general, so much so I just traded Arma 2 in and got Flashpoint for the 360 and have been thoroughly enjoying that, I just feel a bit sad that I can't play Arma 2 and have the same experience as Dragon Rising just doesn't have the depth on offer with Arma, but at least what it does offer works, and that's enough for me.

Anyway - Good luck to those who persevere, I can't say I didn't have any fun with the game, and I can certainly see the potential, but I certainly wouldn't reccomend this to anyone.

Peaceout, and goodbye :)

Bye bye, enjoy your console :bye:

Love the game but hate the crashes :(

We all do but it is possible to get rid of them or atleast make sure they happen rarely. Even though you have a killer system you might need to turn down settings a bit. If you have "Video memory" set on default then try setting it to high. Try turn off HT. Try run CPU withiut OC'ing.