Sign in to follow this  
NorthStar

Turn off lighthouse?

Anybody know a way to turn off a lighthouse? I tried "switchlight" but that doesn't seem to work on lighthouses. The best I can do so far is to destroy it, but I'd rather not have the huge explosion at the start of my mission :p

Give this little example a try. But not 100% sure if this works. On street lamps it works. ^^

1.) Put a game logic an write in the init line:

ID161790=position this nearestObject 161790

The you can use the command to switch off the light.

ID161790 switchLight "off";

The ID161790 you've to change with the real ID from the lighthouse.

You could try using deleteCollection on the lighthouse.

deleteCollection caused the game to crash :(

I discovered that the lighthouse is far enough away from the mission start location that you can't hear the explosion, so I think I'll just live with destroying it.

try this

(position Logic3 nearestObject 511) setdammage 0.95;

Works fine on Utes Island

Regards Intruder

How do I use it? Like, where should I put that? Yeah, I've been editing since OFP ... yet still I am a noob :D

I'm trying to turn off street lamps but not getting anywhere, the only way I've managed is to shoot the damned things. Oh, and there is an annoying lighthouse too :D

Edited by LJF

Give this little example a try. But not 100% sure if this works. On street lamps it works. ^^

1.) Put a game logic an write in the init line:

ID161790=position this nearestObject 161790

The you can use the command to switch off the light.

ID161790 switchLight "off";

The ID161790 you've to change with the real ID from the lighthouse.

I've never had any success using ID for streetlights, I can get them on and off but never like that using ID. Wasn't it removed from Arma?

The Lighthouse doesn't respond to the other method I use even though other lights do.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

How do I use it? Like, where should I put that? Yeah, I've been editing since OFP ... yet still I am a noob :D

I'm trying to turn off street lamps but not getting anywhere, the only way I've managed is to shoot the damned things. Oh, and there is an annoying lighthouse too :D

For streetlights OFF I use

{_x switchLight "OFF"} forEach ((getPos lsw) nearObjects ["StreetLamp",200]);

and for ON

{_x switchLight "ON"} forEach ((getPos lsw) nearObjects ["StreetLamp",200]);

200 is the radius of the blackout. You can place them in trigers or in game logics, whatever really.

You will need to name a game logic to lsw and place it in the centre of the area you want blacked out.

Thanks heaps, that worked brilliantly :)

{_x switchLight "OFF"} forEach ((getPos lsw) nearObjects ["StreetLamp",200]);

...dont works in OA for me.

It doesn't work in Arma2 either as it's only for streetlights.

Apart from destroying it or hiding the whole light house the best you can do is damage it so that the main light doesn't work.

To do that just create a trigger and name it to lsw

Make the trigger quite small 3 x 3 is enough not that it matters too much but you don't need it checking a huge area.

change condition this to condition true

and in on act put

{ _x setdamage 0.91} foreach  nearestobjects  [lsw,["Building"],3]; 

Have the same problem with a lighthouse on lingor island, using the trigger as described above, setting damage to 0.95. Only effect I see: The rotating light is dark, but the lightcone itself still rotates and enlighten the environment. Also the little anti-collision light is still blinking. Didn't found a solution so far, maybe someone will load up a screenshot with the appropriate trigger etc., if he got it to work?

rgds