Sign in to follow this  
EagleSniper

Military Adviser Offering Help To Mod Teams

Ok Sorry I have been gone for a few days.

In reply to all the things about me not being able to release recordings of radio chatter, that isn't true. Listen radio chatter is only useful to anyone listening if they know the codes, pre-agreed callsigns, so to anyone else it will sound like military speak but they won't know who "Papa-Oscar-Alpha" is unless they have the codes.

However, I do think that it would be easy just to distort some voice actors, acting out a script written by someone. Now if thats what you want to do mark, then I will happily be able to write you out what a proper military dialog would sound like in any situation. So I'll help wherever I can:)

Awesome mate thanks!

Normally I'd be wanting to do all the soundwork involved in something like this but these days I have to use my time as best I can, still I'm sure we get someone to work in some squelches and static etc. I guess for now, enquiring after some voice actors is a good begining... BTW

Yes remixing stuff into the radio sounds is easy...getting the volumes/quality right from the different microphones the voice actors will use is NOT ;)

Hmmm maybe I can rope Nikita into this too, he did a good radio mod for A1, I bet he knows the ins & outs of reconfiguring the code, if I get chance I'll ask him. I'd like to get mrcash involved too, but now I'm thinking aloud....

Ps, I got your pm and no probs add me when you can :).

Ok no problem, if you want any specific scripts then I'll be happy to do them but they will take longer. I can give you some examples of good ones to try out:

A Security team protecting a VIP or General.

A Sniper/Recon team observing a target.

A Special Forces Assault Team making a raid.

Those are probably ones I would find easiest to write scripts for, but i can do others which are simpler.

Ok no problem, if you want any specific scripts then I'll be happy to do them but they will take longer. I can give you some examples of good ones to try out:

A Security team protecting a VIP or General.

A Sniper/Recon team observing a target.

A Special Forces Assault Team making a raid.

Those are probably ones I would find easiest to write scripts for, but i can do others which are simpler.

Uhm, all those would be covered by simple VP, unless you've been watching too many Spam films. I've also never heard a Brit, especially one who's been on the BSSC call it 'recon' before. Your DS at Warminster/Brecon would have thrown something large and heavy at your head - you haven't been out that long to forget!

Reference others with code words etc C/S info and codewords are only usefull with a CEI (which changes between units, op's and exercise), so basic VP wouldn't hurt anyone. If you didn't understand any of this paragraph my point is highlighted!

Haha you make a fair point Johnny. The only reason I call it recon is because American members of the community will understand it better. Hence the '/' between the sniper and recon.

Haha you make a fair point Johnny. The only reason I call it recon is because American members of the community will understand it better. Hence the '/' between the sniper and recon.

You're diplomacy is to a Sandhurst like standard!

Jonny LI

I do help out - with Project UK Forces, I also try and help anyone else who's making British kit. However that's as far as my expertise goes really.

Heya mate, I think what I said came out all wrong, so sorry If I offended you, it was a 'general' request to anyone reading who's served or serving. I have the upmost respect for you all :)

Jonny LI

Heya mate, I think what I said came out all wrong, so sorry If I offended you, it was a 'general' request to anyone reading who's served or serving. I have the upmost respect for you all :)

You will be sent to Coventry!!!! Oh wait....

(I am a Coventrian myself)

I had been a Sniper in the British Army, in the 1st Battalion Mercian Regiment. Hence my name is EagleSniper, as the Insignia for the Mercian Regiment is a pair of Eagles.
I got out in early 2007. What about yourself?

I hate to break it to you buddy, but the gig's up.

The 1st Mercian wasn't even formed until the end of 2007.

Good try though.

Edited by HK9mm

I hate to break it to you buddy, but the gig's up.

The 1st Mercian wasn't even formed until the end of 2007.

Good try though.

You beat me to it, not only that he harps on about the L115A3 which I know for a fact the PAM wasn't even wrote for it 'till 2008, so how he'd have hands on the weapon in 2004 Is a complete joke.

He also know's feck all about VP, and how would an Inf Sniper be intricate with UKSF Doctrine in all but the loosest sense is beyond me. I was hoping to get him to slip up abit more before letting him know the cat was out of the bag.

Well done guys. Top Marks.

No apologies for being a walting chod then? Shame, you could have atleast redeemed something of yourself that way. I honestly can't believe you thought you wouldn't get rumbled, within 10 minutes of this thread going up the first time I had a number of ex and still serving mates on here PM me about this thread - you really weren't fooling anyone!

EagleSniper is suspended.

Can't see any reason to keep someone around who comes here solely for the reason to lie and pretend they're someone and something they're not.