Sign in to follow this  
dracflamloc

ArmALaunch - Mod launcher for Arma 1/2

I wasn't sure where to put this, so please feel free to move it where-ever it should go

http://www.dracsoft.com/tech/2009/armalaunch-1-1/

ArmALaunch is a program designed to allow for the easy launch of ArmA Combat Ops with various mods and command line options. It can save multiple 'favorites' of your mod configurations so you won't need tons of desktop icons all dedicated to ArmA.

To start, just run the program, and click 'Locate ARMA.EXE'. Once you've done that just activate some mods and save them as favorites, and click the launch ArmA button.

Enjoy, please email me any comments/bugs/suggestions.

Btw I'm aware that there may be other mod launchers out there, but I couldn't find any that felt simple enough yet did what I wanted. More options is always a good thing right? ;)

Any site has my permission to host this file if they wish. My site will always have the bleeding-edge version.

This has been confirmed compatible with ArmA 2

Latest version is 1.2

Edited by dracflamloc

Thx for the new version :)

Put it on our addon section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

ArmALaunch [1.2] by dracflamloc

Edited by Imutep

Ups, is fixed. The routine with the BI-Forums links...... :rolleyes:

Can it control mod order? Dont know if this is needed in ARMA2 though?

Alex

Nice little launcher, Thanks alot, It will be on my drive as long as Arma2 is on there now...

No answer on modorder?

ArmA1 it was very important when using several addons that some are loaded before others. This is doable the old fashion way, but was never doable with launchers and thats why they werent very popular. For 1 or 2 addons its ok though.

Alex

Yes Alex it controls mod-order. You can see this in the screenshot to the right of active mods:

armalaunch.png

To the rest of you guys, I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you see any places for improvement

Yes Alex it controls mod-order.

Oh nice one. :)

Alex

hello of France

Dear dracflamloc

I have a question: where and how then I to put the parameters like;

- window

- nosplash

- fullscreen

has what serves the central line Extra CommandLine options

thank you and congratulations for this very practical MOD

In a friendly way

Edited by Ghost77

Ghost:

Check the image top of this screen. In the middle is a field "Extra commandLine Options". In there you put -nosplash -maxmem etc etc and SAVE to profile you want it in.

Thank you very much Alex

I will like to know for what the left-hand column in this case is used.

You can have several different collections of modfolders and parameters.

Those are your "favorites" and are shown in the left column.

Thank you very much Alex

I will like to know for what the left-hand column in this case is used.

Your welcome. :)

The left hand side is your saved profiles. I have for example 1 that starts ARMA2 with all addons i have while i made another profile that starts ARMA2 clean. Very nice indeed. So what you see in that picture is 5 different ARMA2 startups (profiles). I named mine: ARMA2CLEAN, ARMA2WINDOW, ARMA2FULLSCREEN, ARMA2NORMAL. Where i made the "NORMAL" the one with the addons i use. The profile i use most so to speak.

1. Click bottom button "CREATE NEW PROFILE". And you get option to name this profile.

2. Mark the addon in the right field you want and click "ACTIVATE SELECTED MOD". And it will move into the middle window. Showing wich addon you got for the profile your making. Add another and another. What ever addons you need/want.

3. Add the extra commands like -nosplash -window etc in the middle thin field (Extra Commandline Options). Again - whatever you need/want.

4. Click SAVE FAVOURITE button. Now you will get that profile you made showing in the left big field. If you make a new profile after this it will end up under the first one in the right big field.

To launcher creator: Is it possible for you to make the launcher close upon ARMA2 start? Just a fix idea i have where i want it to close when ARMA2 starts so its not in the background. Even though i bet it doesnt use much resources. Would feel a bit "cleaner". :)

Also i would like to skin that sucker... Nothing fancy. Just some ARMA2 green earthy colours in the menu borders plus maybe some other earthy colour in the white big fields also and make the text white. Hmm. Maybe very transparent camo in the fields? :)

Anyway. Good job on this!

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I can change the window control colors and such. If you want do a little photoshop job on the screenshot to show me what colors you want.

Also, I am announcing the release of 1.2, now with a command-line option 'quick' menu, and auto-exit after launch.

In addition, Alex, I just figure I'll point out that armalaunch.exe takes less than 5Mb of RAM to run, thanks the absense of bitmap skins (which I never use in my programs).

Enjoy all, link is updated on my homepage.

Edited by dracflamloc

Nice update dracflamloc! And yep i checked the usage and i know it was tiny. Just feels nicer with it closing. To me anyway so thanks for that update. Very nice.

Now for the next - is it possible to have the dropdown commandlist in alphabetic order? Not a biggie - just another step into perfection if possible. ;)

Super job on this launcher!

PS. Yeah ill see if it can look little cooler with some colors. Also a minor thing really. I dont think anyone cares about it being colored or not lol, but i give it a go.

Alex

Thank you Alex72 and thank you with dracflamloc

The new update erases the launcher when the play is active.

I find right damage that l' icon is not with an Arma photograph

The explanations are very clear Alex thank you very much. Good play.