Sign in to follow this  
bigleo

Destroy the chDKZ base. **POSSIBLE SPOLIERS**

First of all I and my team get wiped out very quickly, if I try it alone.

Earlier radio conversations mentioned I have some sort of army waiting at my disposal, call sign "boomarang" and artilleri strikes call sign "Mike". I'm guessing these are just classed at supports.

But I can't access them? If I am supposed to go to "communications>support" and then select the right one, I'm doing it correctly but niether supports are available?

Many Thanks,

Leon.

Edited by bigleo
wrongly placed.

Strange, I had artillery (Mike) available and I could choose what type (explosive, armour etc). I couldn't tell Boomerang to go in though.

But this thread should go into:

ArmA 2 - OFFICIAL MISSIONS

For discussing official ArmA 2 missions only, no spoilers in titles please.

Posting spoilers about the campaign missions anywhere other than here may result in a permanent ban from the forums.

Both are bugs,wait until the next patch (or after) to play the campaign. You lose artillery support when you need do the need to capture that guy in the village right next to FOB manhatten (forgot the exact name).

Dunno about the question, but since we're on the topic, where is the base?

about 1-2km south of Govozdno.

For me, the infantry/armour/whatever support just attacked the bases without any order or request coming from me - Strange indeed.

about 1-2km south of Govozdno.

Sorry but are you sure? I've delt with the Russians and allied with NAPA and I'm flying around there but can't find anything. In fact the NW part seems to be completely deserted.

Perhaps its not 1-2km at all, alls i know is that if you go directly south there is a easterly-west road between two forests, and once you enter that area (by foot, or vehicle you automatically spot it) because of the increased chDKZ activity.

arma22009062420085780.jpg

Oh! that's in Manhattan? I thought you were talking about a different mission.

I destroyed that base by calling artillery, then I rolled in with the APC I got from FOB Manhattan. Pretty straightforward. I was promised some backup, but it never arrived.

I'm exactly at the same point.

I saw that I could mount a vehicle, whilst not giving the order, and that was on grid reference:0909.

Frustrating

so the APC will be cabable of taking the infrantry, apc's and one other tank down thats on the base?

Ah.. you mentioned artillery. Hmm yeah, unless I get that ability I'm pretty stuck, or dead which ever way you prefer.

Edited by bigleo

so the APC will be cabable of taking the infrantry, apc's and one other tank down thats on the base?

Ah.. you mentioned artillery. Hmm yeah, unless I get that ability I'm pretty stuck, or dead which ever way you prefer.

I had this problem the first time i played the mission, have you used any support earlier in the mission? I had used the helicopter and thats when artillery dissapeared. I restarted the mission and didn't use any support till I got to the base and then i had artillery available.

I had a feeling that was the case.. Yeah I did. There is a problem with (like everything else lol) the support system. Basically I had selected the artillery, but not designated an area on which to shoot, and everytime i select an LZ for the heli itd also make the artilleri kind of kick in. Wierd, and hard to explain.

I guess will restart the Manhattan scenario to get my support back.

Anyone get the feeling that, the PC version is a beta for later console versions..? lol

I also have the bug that i can't request artillery on the "Destroy the chDKZ base" mission.

I don't think i can destroy the base without artillery..

So i guess i will be stuck on this mission until a patch fixes this bug.

Artillery-related issue in this mission is being fixed. Sorry again for this problem.

Thanks for your reply Jezuro! Also is the problem with Boomerang being fixed, because I'm pretty sure no one (at least on here) as been able to call them in?

For all the people without Artillery, restart the manhatten scenario. It'll be there for when you need it, make sure you find the base and complete that mission first of course.

Nope, restarting the mission doesn't help either. Had artillery support all up till I found the main camp, as soon as I did, it vanished. Having a major issue clearing the camp without it, keep getting killed. Any tips on a workaround, or hints to take it without support? Cheers.

Nope, restarting the mission doesn't help either. Had artillery support all up till I found the main camp, as soon as I did, it vanished. Having a major issue clearing the camp without it, keep getting killed. Any tips on a workaround, or hints to take it without support? Cheers.

I parked my LAV infront of one of the M1A1 tanks that were driving around the map and was able to get in it as commander. It wasnt the lead tank of the group so look for the tanks that arent the leader. Could command tank to go where i wanted and could switch to gunner. This helped me take out t72.

You can also switch lav round to an antitank round but you need loads of shots for it to take effect so not really useful unless you get lucky

I'm doing this mission right now ... my last ingame save is just outside the main camp.

I'm having problems with both the artillery & the boomerang thing... No option for them.

But i managed to take out the T72 with a looted RPG launcher... my problem was surviving the entire assault. So i gotta keep on trying, but i'm sure with a little luck i'll eventually get it ;).

Just wish the artillery & the boomerang backup would work.

I had the same problem with the Support and no Heavy guns for support eithers. the T72.. took 3 hits from my "aquired" RPG and still showed no sign of blowing up. i eventually managed to kill it by pecking away with grenades from all team members. Then the rest was plain sailing. (although i believe that this boomerang team went in as i saw BMP's destroyed in the base.

Just to let you know. I spent 3 hours yesterday, re-loading and re-loading and re-loading the game because of this issue. I finally managed to get into the base with no support at all. So it is possible, you've just gotta be bloody sneaky!

Nice

The support apc DOES come, it just take a bloody long time. I used the apc from the start (the wheeled one NOT the tracked one as it has a heavier gun able to damage the T72) On activating the main camp run away then start taking long range shots and take out the BMP that is cruising around there and finally damage the T72 from afar enough to make the crew bail. Then its easy mopping up and about this stage the backup will arrive to share the limelight.

I had the same problem with the Support and no Heavy guns for support eithers. the T72.. took 3 hits from my "aquired" RPG and still showed no sign of blowing up. i eventually managed to kill it by pecking away with grenades from all team members.

dunno what your doing ..... I've been replaying the mission a few times now (one of my team mates keeps dying) ... but everytime i put 1 RPG in the back of that T72, they abandon it. A second RPG blows it up.

I play on Veteran settings.

Anyhow.. i'm still having some trouble taking out the base with only my team. Right now i'm trying to keep my teammates far behind somewhere while i sneak up, take out the T72, fall back and then switch to the sniper and pick em off 1 by 1. Sofar having the best results ;).

alrighty... i'm getting a bit pissed too :P.

Between clearing the main base, killing the smugglers and going to their safe house, there's not one save.

Then i still gotta find one last remaining evidence ..... running around for hours. Usually get killed somewhere and am never able to finish the mission. I've wasted enough time on "manhatten". Can someone please tell me how to skip a mission?

press shift and - (right side of kb above +), then enter endmission

There is no prompt or console. If you do it right the mission ends.