Sign in to follow this  
Evishion

Couple of questions, regarding securom, and formatting of the Pc

Hello.

got two questions, regarding securon and formatting

1) I have heard that with the securom drm, u have 4 "uses" before your cd-key becomes locked or something, and i heard as well that if u uninstall securom, u dont use one of those "uses".

can anyone confirm that? and if thats true, how do i remove it? because im gonna format my computer tomorrow, because its so annoyingly slow.

2) I have started on the campaign, pretty far as well, what files do i have to backup, to save my save games? so i dont have to start over again.

-Thanks in advance

Not sure about the securom, but backup the arma 2 directory under "my documents"

When you uninstall, there will be an option to revoke the previous install. An online option or a 'manual' option where you request a key, then send it in with the install key to Securom.

You may need to back up User/My Documents/Arma 2 and User/My Documents/Arma 2 other profiles.

You scared me there for a second, but then I searched.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1317280#post1317280

Box version doesn't have limited installs, as for digital versions that's a question that we cannot answer, the only people who can answer that are the specific publisher for the specific digital download version you have an issue with.

Discussing copy protections and such is not acceptable on these forums as per the forum rules.

Just start ArmA2.exe with a /revoke parameter and you'll get the following dialog (for the Metaboli release at least):

revoke_01_en.jpg

This would've been good to know when I reinstalled after a misapplied English patch.

Just start ArmA2.exe with a /revoke parameter and you'll get the following dialog (for the Metaboli release at least):

worked here as well. cheers. but it says i need to send in the revocation key to 'them' (cant remember which they sayd, clicked it away a bit to fast) how can i send it to 'them' ? its was a proof that its been uninstalled..

Hmm... sorry not something I've had cause to complete yet. I should mention that the circle around the button wasn't something I added, I just linked to an existing image on securom's site. Personally I would try the online revocation myself first.

Hmm... sorry not something I've had cause to complete yet. I should mention that the circle around the button wasn't something I added, I just linked to an existing image on securom's site. Personally I would try the online revocation myself first.

damn, did the manually one, as the pic sayd ^^

Supposedly the Steam version will not include Securom. If it does I will be quite angry as I do not want that crap screwing up my computer and also it would then be pointless for me to endure the long hours of downloading it as well for no real benefit. Securom is one of the top reasons that piracy has become so popular. I still have a Securom file hiding in my registry someplace. Ever since then I have bought games then waited for a cracked copy to come out on torrent 24hrs later and activate that with my product key.

Securom is the worst anti-piracy software out there, it does nothing to stop the pirates and only ruins the experience of people that actually pay for the game.