Sign in to follow this  
TYsiEK

Osprey in next add-ons pack

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Huh? The "Idea" of the Osprey, is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the recent past IMPLEMENTATION of it. The IDEA is fine. It's an INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL idea, as long as it works ! ! !<span id='postcolor'>

Very true, but the problem is simple. Manouvering an engine through 90' whilst in mid flight is not a smart idea smile.gif A push prop such as the one used on the cheyenne is a much smarter idea if you're looking for speed AND manouverability IMO. Only thing I find particularly impressive is the range it has. Other than that I dont see it as a great idea and it certainly hasn't been that well implemented as 56 US Marines did NOT need to die in the testing of the US govs newest toy. confused.gif

yea im from arizona, theres at least 1 jet crash every month. there testing all these new planes out and most of the time all of the planes functions just stop! you cat tell me the ppl building these jets are that incompetent?

probly might be UFO's crashing our military jets

Arizona is the top 5 state to spot UFO's

and the top 10 state for military plane/jet crashes

heh

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Dogi] @ Mar. 09 2002,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I'd like people to stop suggesting to add more stupid and useless silly american air units and not bothering about suggesting some Russian air units.<span id='postcolor'>

I do agree with the first part. I don't agree with stupid and useless though. It's just that the scales currently are way too far over to US units.

How about the Russian built An-12 CUB?

Nice for Spetznaz insertions or dropping an Air/Fuel explosive.

I totally agree with Grave, the Mi26 would also be awesome!

Some day ago I realised the most important and typical piece of Russian hardware is missing: the BTR ! smile.gif

How could that one ever be overlooked? It is THE cold war APC, often seen during parades on the Red square.

Oh, and the T-90 as a nice counterweight to the M-1

What do you think?

The one thing this game is truely missing is Self-Propelled Howitzers like the M109 or the Russian M1974.

Every aircraft has probably had its accidents as a protype. I remember watching a show that had a Super Hornet or F-16 prototype (sorry can't really remember it was a while back) and it went into stall/spin and lost something like 8,000 ft atleast before the pilot regained control. The pilot couldn't get it to do anything so he let it spin and held on to the canopy handles and it finally pulled out of it after losing all that altitude. Another part showed some peice of metal fly off the fuselage and clipped the F-4 chase plane and it eventually caught it on fire and the pilot had to eject from the F-4. Im not exactly positive that it was aircraft was anymore but it was either an F-16 or Superhornet and both are considered great aircraft now. Well atleast the Americans consider them them great, I know all you anti-US guys will flame me and say they both suck... oh well.

Lol...

"OMFG SU37 ONWS TEH F!6 IT SUCKS THGE 3& HAS THRUST VECTORING!!!!!!!111 YSE THRUST VECTORING!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 F16 SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 LLOOLOOL"

Well Benze,I hate to say it but I have seen F-16 protos with thrust vectoring. I doubt they will ever be in service though since thrust vectoring doesnt do you a whole lot of good when you can get shot down from miles away anyhow. If the USAF wants you shot down its gonna happen, our ground forces have their fare share of criticism but the USAF is capable of taking out just about any aircraft.

It's topic about V-22 Osprey.

Please everyone support the Osprey petition !!!

Osprey is must be published in next add-ons pack ! biggrin.gif

what the hell is so important abou the osprey anyway?

capacity?, why not just USE one or two CHINHOOKS instead, which we got in an addon earlier?..., and some more .'s ...... smile.gif

besides, a well placed strela or 2 against an osprey and theyre all toast, but when using 2 chinhook or maybe 4 blackhawks there more to shoot at and more probability for more people to survive, i think...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Dogi] @ Mar. 10 2002,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what the hell is so important abou the osprey anyway?<span id='postcolor'>

Because the V-22 has the range of a turboprop aircraft plus the versatility of a helicopter.

and exactly how many times have you run out of fuel with an aircraft in ofp due to the "long" range you travel?

For those interested, I have an osprey exterior model available from another sim project (in .p3d, .obj, 3DS formats) if anyone can figure out how to import it confused.gif

65636ingameOsprey2.jpg

I would like an osprey but I'd use a Ch-46 Seaknight more. I hope the real osprey makes it into service because the Marine Corps needs something for there 30-35 yr old Hueys and CH-46s and if they dont get it now it will be another 10 years before before they get a shot at anything else. Many other aircraft have had problems also like the CH47 I think it was and the F14s engines just needed to say that smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Mar. 10 2002,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm...

Try this program http://www.natosoldier.com/addons/OBJ2P3D.zip .

In zip. archive you have one tutorial but i don't know how to make textures for new model.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that you can import new models with that program alone. Vipersheart (who made the H&K New models) just posted this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

First you have to export the models of the old demo version of Flashpoint via the P3D2OBJ tool into OBJ files. This file can be imported and edtited in Milkshape or 3Dmax. However, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DELETE OR ADD A SINGLE VERTEX!! Otherwise the model is corrupted and it's not possible to export it back to P3D. Exporting is done with the tool OBJ2P3D. The rest is like making a normal addon for OFP: Putting everything together, writing a config.cpp and stuffPBO it. That's it!!

<span id='postcolor'>

You probably need the Oxygen tool to import completely new models.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Dogi] @ Mar. 10 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and exactly how many times have you run out of fuel with an aircraft in ofp due to the "long" range you travel?<span id='postcolor'>

Not many times, but you asked what was important about the Osprey, It's speed and range exceeds a chopper yet it has the versatility of one. Bloody good piece of engineering! And a tactical advantage for the US! They included it in VBS, and independance Lost will have the harriers from that, may be we'll get the Osprey later on smile.gif

But we must try V-22.

Is not crap add-on !!!!!!!

The V-22 has had a poor testing history thus far due to poor military training and unrifined computers. It is not a bad craft and is in use and very efficient. In the game of course it won't be bad...so long as you can fly it.

Mind cast back to Half-Life and the start of Opposing Force...

Majority ospreys has not be crashed.

I agree you, The Jub-Jub Bird.