Sign in to follow this  
wiper

English language mod for german version 1.02

It wont work. not even mod lined. dropping 505 upto date language files does not let you choose english in the cfg file.. the menu etc still defaults to german even if there is no german strings in the latest 1.02.. (work that out :D)

Im still betting there is some nasty trick going on with serial keys on install stopping you do this. If anyone else has successfuly used 1.02 505 english language pack pbo's on a german install, and it works by overwriting the originals do let me know.

As far as Im aware the 1.02 update is the same across the board, so no differences should be there, the pbo should have german as well in it or otherwise where is it getting the language selections from ?

Im betting 1.02 changes something from standard 505 english pbo language files.?

Whats annoying is I want the updated english pbo's to play properly without keys on the server I want to play on. Not happening, bis signed keys with the 1.02 pbo's dont let me join. :(

bah unified patch already with selection options ingame pls..

Edited by moosenoodles

looking @ Hungarian success i'm starting to hope for a Rus->Eng conversion ;)

the quality of our localization is just below zero. They must have used some online translator..

It wont work. not even mod lined. dropping 505 upto date language files does not let you choose english in the cfg file.. the menu etc still defaults to german even if there is no german strings in the latest 1.02.. (work that out :D)

Im still betting there is some nasty trick going on with serial keys on install stopping you do this. If anyone else has successfuly used 1.02 505 english language pack pbo's on a german install, and it works by overwriting the originals do let me know.

As far as Im aware the 1.02 update is the same across the board, so no differences should be there, the pbo should have german as well in it or otherwise where is it getting the language selections from ?

Im betting 1.02 changes something from standard 505 english pbo language files.?

Whats annoying is I want the updated english pbo's to play properly without keys on the server I want to play on. Not happening, bis signed keys with the 1.02 pbo's dont let me join. :(

bah unified patch already with selection options ingame pls..

Just use the default language files from the 505 games version.(without patch 1.02) it will be in english, i'm currently using them. anyway what the 1.02 patch did to the languages files in 505 version is only add the additional languages into the files.

looking @ Hungarian success i'm starting to hope for a Rus->Eng conversion ;)

the quality of our localization is just below zero. They must have used some online translator..

I've already made it :) You can get it here. It's signed so there's should be no problem, I hope. Unpack it to A2 folder and add -mod=@EN to you A2 shortcut.

Edited by =SilveR=

Only original 505 (ver. 1.01) pbo files work with German Arma2 patched to 1.02. If 505 game is also patched to 1.02 then it contains german language as well and does not help anymore (all 1.02 files are identical and language restrictions depend on game serial key which is checked by Arma2.exe - and Morphicon Arma2 only allows german language).

-KJT-

Thanks, you saved my day! :)

The official hungarian translation is a joke.

Dogman is working on the unofficial, but perfect translation ;)

Could I ask for a Czech to English version? None of the released versions work for me thanks to the damned CD-key language limitation.

I'm starting to pull my hair out because of this : /

Could I ask for a Czech to English version? None of the released versions work for me thanks to the damned CD-key language limitation.

I'm starting to pull my hair out because of this : /

uploaded.

Grab it from the opening post.

Hope it does the trick ;)

So, will I always be locked out of using english officially since I have the german version?

So, will I always be locked out of using english officially since I have the german version?

I have searched myself and not found an 'official' answer to this specific question myself (I've seen a lot of speculation). I'm going to just guess and say not until all the publishers have released. Maybe after that happens a patch might open up all the languages for all the releases. But I might have read somewhere this wasn't the case (that it would always be locked according to serial key).

Sorry to be of no help, but I am curious about this question too... I guess it really doesn't matter as I'll be buying US DVD, but I know a lot of others want the answer.

uploaded.

Grab it from the opening post.

Hope it does the trick ;)

Thanks, works good!

Just too bad there's still alot of servers not using your .bikey (and thus not allowing the language mod).

Had to "go around" that the hard way - make 2 modfolders, one with ryan80's upload of the 505 1.01 English, which I use for MP, and one with your 1.02 pbo's for Singleplayer.. I just wish BIS unlock English in the upcoming patch, I bet that would be like the easiest thing for them to do at this time..

Had to "go around" that the hard way - make 2 modfolders, one with ryan80's upload of the 505 1.01 English, which I use for MP, and one with your 1.02 pbo's for Singleplayer.. I just wish BIS unlock English in the upcoming patch, I bet that would be like the easiest thing for them to do at this time..

Are there some translations missing with 505 files in SP? I have used them but only briefly. So far I have had no problems.

-KJT-

Are there some translations missing with 505 files in SP? I have used them but only briefly. So far I have had no problems.

-KJT-

No, Eveything is translated like retail english. Not any errors occured so far like in when we used the beta files.

-KJT-

From what I've seen so far, I wouldn't say there's missing translations, but probably (hopefully) the 1.02 patch update has fixed a sentences so they make more sense in certain situations or "repeat" what the character says a little better.

Haven't tested/compared that myself though, just found some sentences being a little off when using 1.01 english, so I switched to the 1.02 one for singleplayer, but didn't test the same mission part again, lol.

Hi Wiper,

is there, or is it possible to go from German to French :eek:.

I have now received my 505 version from the UK so I'm happy.

On the other hand I've given my German copy to my son who is having fun dodging between the German/English language, trying to set up his controls.

Thank you once again.

Hi Wiper,

is there, or is it possible to go from German to French :eek:.

lol, yea it is.

However, as I try to go, and hence provide, generally a "de-localizing" way (i.e. prefer/would like to see english as a general language platform), I dont post the link in the OP.

So please get it here for now: signed german to french version

Greetings to your son, BoneBoys ! ;)

english as a general language platform

Sounds like heaven.

wiper.bikey installed on pingZero :)

Good initiative

Merci beaucoup,:).

Just to get him going (my son) I gave him a G7 gaming mouse, lets see if he can set up the controls, lol.

Such is life...:bounce3:

Merci beaucoup,:).

De rien ! :-)

Just to get him going (my son) I gave him a G7 gaming mouse, lets see if he can set up the controls, lol.

Such is life...:bounce3:

lol yes. Maybe a nice addition to confusement if you tell him he may not use more than triple presses ?! :D

Still fine with the G5 here, but don't really get what logi messes around with the drivers each time ... My second G5 I purchased some weeks ago has now a second thumb button, great... But with the latest setpoint drivers I cant define any keys for both of them anymore. "Simply" adding my old G5 as a second mouse device, and they are assignable again :o

BTW, I'm actually planning to buy a 505 DVD version too, but besides nice game descriptions I can't find any purchase button/function at all at their site .. do you guys have an idea where a european mainlander can order it ? :j:

thanks!

Edited by Wiper

Just a little note about MP compatibility:

Most of the servers are already accepting this mod!

Hi Wiper, I too am still using my G5 with the original drivers, up-dated drivers only cause problems.

The G7 Set-Point is problematic, the only way I found to get it working for all buttons (in ARMA) was to set to All Programs but that mucks up the basic/default mouse functions.

There must be a work around, its just that I haven't worked it out yet.

Do Play.com deliver to you country ?

Thanks once again.

Just a little note about MP compatibility:

Most of the servers are already accepting this mod!

good news, thanks for the info !

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Do Play.com deliver to you country ?

yep they do, thanks !