Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis_wales

Which Nvidia Drivers are You Using?

newest = 186.18 (18th june) or previos (im using 182.50 now)

ok i had 182.02 1st, installed, looked okish... then put new drivers on... well it sucked... nothing was redering.. wheels looked like blobs, men had no uniform detail unless u ran right up close to stuff.... i messed with settings alot but to no avail.... im also using the crysis.exe.

so... wot drivers are u using and wot setting are u using in game....

i had it pretty stable at preference - very high sp all were very high, change post process to lowest and Anistropic thing to disabled, filtrate %100.

im gonna go in game and tweak again for 182.50 drivers.

does any 1 know y in Nvidia control panel there no option to have the green bars showing ur SLI usage? ive been on remote assistance with a german friend who has it.. i dont.. is it cos my card? its 295 GTX so 1 card.. 2 GPU's.. so is this y?

so... sugestions... comments... ur experinces... post here please

look at my sig, same cpu as yours, notice my cpu speed?

Yours can easily clock to my specs on air cooling, do it, you won't be dissapointed ;)

I really should install these new 186.18 drivers for Windows 7. But I'm too lazy.

i see, but ive never go tinto Over clocking.. and i dont think my CPU is problem, its GPU

Well you won't get what you want from this game if you don't.

Try searching around these forums & you'll see that the CPU is the main bottleneck for ARMA 2 not the GPU but wtf do i know right?

Don't ask for help if you don't like the answers.

Edited by Razorman

wots ur problem? im not going to overclock my CPU on 1 persons advice!! if it breaks u gonna pay for new 1? exactly. i want a broad range of feedback to look at averages etc...

NVIDEA drivers have been rubbish since April.

Don't touch them.

I think the problem is these GTX295 cards are not being utilised or optimised for.

I have a 295 and I wish I had gone for 2 285's SLi.

My current card, EVGA red edition 295 is on it's way back for inspection.

The card arrived with some sort of corrosion around the sli port.

ok for the ppl following thread.... ive set preferance to very high, along with all settings to very high. filtrate is %100, in boot camp just running round getting 39-40 FPS. much better on these current drivers (182.50)

Thats how mine runs and I have a core i7 920 with GTX295.

Seems about right nemesis.

ty barso. i think my problem was the newest drivers being no good. do u use the crysis.exe?

I'm sticking with 190.15 beta drivers. No graphical errors or anything, even the performance FEELS just a little better than with those 185.xx.

I will try the 190 drivers tto.

Nemesis I have not used the crysis.exe.

No need to.

The game runs great with 185.XX

Makes me wonder what the guys at NVIDIA do all day,smoke weed?

What do you think of the GTX295?

186.18's were released a few hours back, just incase no-one noticed.

@ barso. im very happy with 295 GTx comapred to the ATI4870X2 i had1 nothing but trouble, blue screen sall time, had 4 different branded cards here and all failed. so nvidia it was, thats was also my fist ATI card and never again! although, im tempted to stay away from X2 GPU's and get 2 cards and run them in SLI, ive never done that, this is my first SLI config, but i dont thing they run aswell as 2 280's in SLI say. wots ur opinion of it m8?

Edited by Nemesis_wales
bad grammar/manners lol

Well you won't get what you want from this game if you don't.

Try searching around these forums & you'll see that the CPU is the main bottleneck for ARMA 2 not the GPU but wtf do i know right?

Don't ask for help if you don't like the answers.

He never said you were wrong and he is not an idiot overclock = better quite simple, just most people don't won't to overclock it can be a hassle at first and a risk, stop being immature

182.50 on both rigs (8800GTS (G92) and GTX260 AMP). Works fine no problems.

ok... 1.02 installed, everything set to high (left AA disabled) fps on carrier scene dropped from 60 to 40, so renamed exe to crysis an bang back up to 60 fps.!

What resolution do you play at Nemesis?

Also what do you have view distance and fillrate set to?

@barso 1220 by 1200. i got the view distance on 3897 (last setting b 4 u loose very high setting) filtrate %100, did try 150, but the bluring when moving left to right fats done my head in

@barso 1220 by 1200. i got the view distance on 3897 (last setting b 4 u loose very high setting) filtrate %100, did try 150, but the bluring when moving left to right fats done my head in

You mean 1920X1200 right?

Thats about the same settings I use for my new ati 4870X2 and get the same fps.

Where can I find the 182.50 drivers for windows 7 64 for 96xx M series ?

Current release 186.18. In order to be able to select all the video menu options (Video Memory to very high for example) - I have had to set a memory limit to 4096 in the MSconfig utility.