Sign in to follow this  
159th_Viper

The Eagle (ArmA2) has Landed: 505/North America Territories, got yours yet?

do you think it will be in the shops today (such as game) or is it just the pre orders from the post that will receive them a day early?

It is not released until tomorrow. Shops are not officially allowed to put it on the shelves till then although if you go into Game or HMV or whoever is getting it in and ask they 'may' be able to sell you a copy. I did that a couple of times for other games.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

so this UK version is the same as the german version but with the beta patch already applied?

damn... i should have just got the downloadable jerry one

What were you expecting a different game ? German one we have been playing was released as version 1.0 then we got 1.01 beta then then 1.01 final... EU release looks to be the 1.01Beta.

i think its probably similar to books (i work in a waterstones) most we can put out before the release date but bigger releases are embargoed until a certain date, if we sell before we would face a fine. So i guess it could be similar with ARMA 2, doubt it is considered a major release by alot of shops (like HMV) game might consider it one but i dont really know.

What were you expecting a different game ? German one we have been playing was released as version 1.0 then we got 1.01 beta then then 1.01 final... EU release looks to be the 1.01Beta.

was kinda expecting a version later than the bugfix beta patch rushed out to make the german version playable... given the amount of time between that release and this one... maybe something like 1.019.. with 1.020 released soon after to tie all version together.

oh well.

Edited by sandzibar

No store within a 100 mile radius has it here in the Netherlands for me or even on the release list. Although I bought a new PC not long ago (I could only afford dual core with 9800 GTX+) I am glad there will be a demo soon to see if I can run it though. If I can run it however, I will purchase it online or wait for it to come on steam.

Edited by Gorgi Knootewoot

maybe something like 1.19.. with 1.20 released soon after to tie all version together.

ArmA's only v1.16. :confused:

v1.02 will be out soon, don't know if it will be tomorrow, but enjoy the game until then and don't simply spend your time searching for bugs.

IS there a PDF manual? I only have the German so hoping to copy English PDF from someone.

Regarding the PDF map, I had a glossy printed one for Arma1 from a magazine. I hope to get an Arma2 map too.

yip, thanks to whoever suggested game.co.uk the postie came today with a little ArmA II present a day early. I only ordered it yesterday lol.

ArmA's only v1.16. :confused:

v1.02 will be out soon, don't know if it will be tomorrow, but enjoy the game until then and don't simply spend your time searching for bugs.

Numbered versions don't mean squat between different games, really. They could make the next patch 1.56 if they wanted to.

And I have to admit I am a little surprised that the 505 version ships with the 1.01 beta patch. I'd have thought it would be the 1.01 final patch, but oh well, 1.02 will be out soon enough.

Mine has just turned up as well..... at work :mad:. Only 3 and half hours before i get to go home.

Oh and i got mine from GAME UK as well. Never had a problem with them.

Edited by Placebo
Opps, forgot to say where from.

Webhallen sent mine today, so I should have it tomorrow.

Mate, no postal service on Midsummers eve, however if you opted for SMS notifcation upon delivery you might be able to fetch it from your local package pickup depot, but I wouldn't count on it.

As someone else asked, can we install 1.01 German Final on this 505 release or do we have to wait for a different 1.01 Final version or 1.02?

Nobody actually answered that guy.

Mate, no postal service on Midsummers eve, however if you opted for SMS notifcation upon delivery you might be able to fetch it from your local package pickup depot, but I wouldn't count on it.

No postal service tomorrow? You have got to be shitting me.. It should be home-delivered, since it fits in the mailbox, but if they're not delivering packages tomorrow, I guess I'm screwed.

Edit: I just got off the phone with webhallen. You are right, no deliveries on friday. I guess I'll have to pick it up from a local store and send it back to webhallen on Monday, damn.

Edited by Nev1571

As someone else asked, can we install 1.01 German Final on this 505 release or do we have to wait for a different 1.01 Final version or 1.02?

Nobody actually answered that guy.

505 is probably 1.01 final. 1.02 should arrive tomorrow sometime, or evening, according to the latest announcements and rumours.

this has to be the most depressing thread ever :( :( :( i normally pre order but than ks to stupid government im jobless and my bank is maxed out so i have to pay cahs instore :(

Webhallen sent mine today, so I should have it tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm what copy protection the 505 release uses, by the way? I hope it's not some "5-activations only" limit, that'd be awful.

Its holiday tomorrow.

505 is probably 1.01 final. 1.02 should arrive tomorrow sometime, or evening, according to the latest announcements and rumours.

Wrong, it's 1.01 beta. Check page 2 in this thread ;)

Anyone got theirs from play.com? my order status still says packing since yesterday!! wtf

Seems Play have shipped now :yay:

Mine (preordered at play.co.uk) has been delivered at 10:20 AM. I didn't install it yet, just checked this - Arma2.exe :

file revision: 1.1.0.57631

product version: 1.01

Wrong, it's 1.01 beta. Check page 2 in this thread ;)
Oops :) Tnx!

Play.com shipped my copy as well, although i am a bit worried cause the shipping order doesn't display foreign letters "ø" and i got one of those in my name and address.

Play can Suck my chocolate one's, Mine had been in packing since yesterday morning, i rang them today to find out if it is going to come out today she tells me that it will be shipped out next Tuesday. Ok cancel it then, she tells me she will send a email telling me when it has been cancelled as she does not have a cancel button on her screen (me thinking talking out of your behind girl). A clan mate of mine rang them as well and asked about canceling and they tell him can't cancel its in packing stage. Yeah and i ask how can you not cancel something that is still in packing stage and they from what they told me this morning they hadn't any copy's Checked my account 2 mins ago guess what its now shippping ARRGGHHH and after last nights farce on Steam with AA3 i'm about to rip my own hair out.

Well it looks like i'm off to Asda or Tesco at midnight tonite to get a copy of this game.

See you on the battlefield

Kut...

Edited by kutocer

Seems Play have shipped now :yay:

Good luck getting that before Tuesday next week then ;)