Sign in to follow this  
Sleek78

Kamov Rudder

it would be nice to have it working ...adds more sim to the game dont you think ?

I think he wants to have rudder at high speeds...

That would be silly ;)

I duno what the yaw rate to forward wind speed ratio is for the Kamov but I think BIS got it at least quite close to reality.

Edited by EDcase

I can't comment on the ARMA 2 Kamov since I haven't flown it yet but the yaw of it was pretty weak in ARMA. The co-axial rotor layout allows for incredable manuverablity, much greater than a traditional helicopter layout.

If the rudder still isn't working at high speeds, then i'm extremely pissed off at BIS. What is so hard about implementing that for the kamov? Its almost like the intentionaly crapped it out for the sake of "balance", when the reason why it needs the spin capability is because of its almost fixed cannon.

i know its working but not physically ...you should see it working,and ofcourse not in high speed ..i have DCS Blackshark ..and the rudder works something like this,but not in high speed

in 2:50

i know its working but not physically ...you should see it working,and ofcourse not in high speed ..i have DCS Blackshark ..and the rudder works something like this,but not in high speed

in 2:50

I must say you a right!

read:

from wikipedia on Kamov Ka-50

...Like other Kamov helicopters, it features Kamov's characteristic contra-rotating co-axial rotor system, which removes the need for the entire tail-rotor assembly and improves the aircraft's aerobatic qualities -- it can perform loops, rolls, and “the funnel†(circle-strafing) where the aircraft maintains a line-of-sight to the target while flying circles of varying altitude, elevation, and airspeed around it. Using two rotors means that a smaller rotor with slower-moving rotor tips can be used compared to a single rotor design....

These spin capabilities are the reasons why the ka-50/52 has an almost fixed cannon.