Sign in to follow this  
mithandra

Windows 7 RC1 + ARMA2 Online play help

Hi Guys,

I have been running Windows 7 RC1 perfectly since it was released and am using it on my main system.

Problem i was having is that if i try and join a listed multiplayer game from the multiplayer screen all i get is a black screen saying loading.

I have also tried Dungeons & Dragons Online and the same happends there also.

I was wondering can anyone confirm they are using Windows 7 and have played ARMA2 online?

Thanks Mithandra

I use Windows 7 RC1 (Build 7100) 64-bit and play Arma 2 online just fine.

List some of your computer specs to help others who might have advice for you. Update DX and graphics drivers maybe?

Hi

The problem with the game only happend when i went to play online, the single player part worked perfectlywith everything maxed out. I also tried Dungeons & Dragons Online and got the same error were the game was hanging when it tried to connect to the online servers. I thought it might have been Windows Firewall or something but after manually putting in a rule to allow the ARMA2.exe in and out and also trying with the firewall turned off i was not able to get past the same above problem

I was not sure if it was a bug in RC1 or a specific game problem. How did you pass the firewall?

System Specs:

Inter Core 2 Quad Q9950 2.83 GHz

Striker Extreme M/B

Galaxy 1000Watt PSU

XFX NVidia 8800 GTX 768 MB x 2 in SLI (also tried without SLI)

Thanks Mithandra

Edited by mithandra

I also use Win7 RC1 without problems. Maybe there's a clue in your arma.rpt file or your Windows event logs?

Try disabling firewall completely and see if that works?

edit - i didn't see the part where he said he already tried without

Edited by Mosh

I'm using Windows 7 RC1 and everything's fine. Try disabling your firewall like Mosh said.

Win 7 RC here also, no problems running online.

What driver version are you using for your 8800? Try using 182 or lower and see if that helps.

Win7 RC user here too. The first time I tried to play Arma2 online, the game minimized and I was met with a firewall dialog, asking me if I wanted to allow it. After confirming, everything worked fine.