Sign in to follow this  
madmax17

How to merge two or more squads into one

Can it be done? Can you transfer soldiers from to the other and how do I reinforce them, I can only buy units into my company, the interface is way to complicated.

I am playing 'dogs of war' mission and all 8 platoons have only one solider so I would like to merge them somehow.

I was hoping for this in ARMA2 on the fly. Join more to your group or disband units. Ah well.

It can definitely be added to a mission via scripting, so it's mainly up to the mission maker to decide whether he wants this feature.

Adding such a feature to the game by default would open a gigantic can of worms. If a player could just merge any other squad with his own or disband squads at will, he could totally screw up gameplay, especially in missions and the campaign where scripting is key. How would the engine know when to allow a player to merge squads? It's a totally subjective matter.

Long story short, you'll just have to live with it. :)

Yeah i guess your right. Always seen ARMA series as more for adults though. :) Or mature players game where options are there and if you use them wrongly well then your boned hehe. But adding it through mission is ofcourse as simple. Thank god for our moddable game woot. :D

Alex

You can't merge them AFAIK, but you can transfer your units to other squads.

There is a thing for arma1 on the TG servers that has this option. It is never abused because people just get banned if they do.

It's perfect for those non-JIP missions where you have 7-8 guys spread across 2-3 sections.

You can't merge them AFAIK, but you can transfer your units to other squads.

How do you tranfser units to other squads?

I'm on badlands right now and would love to send some of my newly purchased units from my squad to my other depleted squads in the command menu, but can't.

The option "Communication --> send units" is there. but when selected no options are present. is this implemented for the campaign? how do I do it? thanks!

I'll second that request. In the campaign I have 2 squads with 1 unit each, kind of useless to me if I can't reinforce them. I've tried transferring units from my own squad but it doesn't allow it.

You can't on Badlands, bug or oversight apparently. Dogs of War which is the next one has a more traditional Warfare mission template where the squads respawn.