Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

hand to hand combat/knife mod

a knife would be interesting in mp for sure - i won't use one but would enjoy shooting all those who bring a knife to a gun fight. a silenced pistol does a better job to a knife as far as silent take-downs, shooting tires (why?).

edit - lol looking at that old thread. almost a carbon copy of this one.

Again without proper animations, transitions, AI implementation etc melee combat isnt very useful and nice to look at in Arma2.

Totally agree.

I know a guy who broke both of his hands in close combat and sustained a bayonette wound and is now minus a lung. He seemingly came out on top. He never did say how the fight ended and I didn't ask many questions because I didn't know how he felt about it. The scar was massive. He took quite a stabbing.

I think if they want to to close combat in this game it has to be brutal, harsh, and uncertain.

Again without proper animations, transitions, AI implementation etc melee combat isnt very useful and nice to look at in Arma2.

Surely if P UKF's could do it with the Bayonet waaay back in OFP, it can't be that hard now? I mean, you know the phrase refering to Scientific advancement "Standing on the shoulders of giants"?

Hi, instead a combat knife... i think that will be good to have a very basic hand to hand

combat, the Marines (at least the 1St Recon) are trained in Win-Tsun by Imin, a Turk from

germany, and all the soldiers are trained (in the whole world) in self defense; a very basic

attack move that do.. let's say... 0.4 damage x punch? may be good and we'll recover the

Attack_Punch from the OFP which saved my life a pair of times in the Resistance campaign.

Will be only for realism pourpouses, for simulate that the soldiers are trained in self defense. Let's C ya

People have such an opposition to it because

1# AI is a beast and if you get even near them (even if you sneak up behind them) chances are they're going to suddenly spin around without reason and kill you

2# Perhaps they fear people are just going to run around with knives like some call of duty 4/5 wacko

The only use i could find for it is PvP

A possible scenario. Your point being?

Well what's the point of attacking and going into animation-state, when you know that you have only 50/50 chance of winning. Pure luck based, no skills involved.

Well what's the point of attacking and going into animation-state, when you know that you have only 50/50 chance of winning. Pure luck based, no skills involved.

Why 50/50? Pure luck based? I think I made it clear that the outcome could be determined by more factors than just pure luck. In any case, you're missing the point. My idea was simply an example of how you could make hand to hand combat work in the Arma2 engine while maintaining a level of believability, because close combat simply isn't something the engine does well.

I know a guy who broke both of his hands in close combat and sustained a bayonette wound and is now minus a lung. He seemingly came out on top. He never did say how the fight ended and I didn't ask many questions because I didn't know how he felt about it. The scar was massive. He took quite a stabbing.

I think if they want to to close combat in this game it has to be brutal, harsh, and uncertain.

Yeah kind of like in saving private ryan

I would love to see the following this is my dream list for mods.

IF someone goes out to make Post-Saddam Era stuff, like good old Imuc mod or RHS Export tanks (without all the bugs) was nice but today I think they can get even better so here is my wish list for such an event.

Wheeled

OT-64C SKOT

E-11 Urutu

YW531 APC

Cascavel III

BRDM-2

BRDM-2 Konkurs

Tracked

Assad Babyl

T-72QM1

T-62M

T-55QM2

T-55 Enigma

T-55AM

Saddam 2 (BMP-1 but modified)

BMP-2

AA-Units

ZSU-23-4M

Type 80 (57-2)

MT-LB w/ZU-23

ZU-23

Artillery

AUF-1 GCT

Iraqi Republican Guard (Camouflage)

Dot

Kaki

Drab

Lizard

Officer

Riflemen

Grenadier

Light Machine Gunner

Machine Gunner

Riflemen RPG

Sniper

Medic

Engineer

AA (SA-7) Riflemen

If someone makes mods for Russia I would very much like too see the following units in the future.

Tracked

T-72B Rogatk

T-64BV

T-62MIV

T-62MD

T-55AMD

BMP-2 Berezhok

BMP-1M

AA-Units

ZSU-23-4M5

S1 Pantsyr

If someone ever makes a Swedish Mod again

Please make the Strv-103C a playable tank for West or Resistance.

I think this complete my dream list this far but heck North Korea would be cool to see in the future as well if someone bothered.