norrin could you please help me and my squad?

what we are trying to acheive is that if a player is shot and its servere he needs to call in a medevac through the medevac module and get back to base to be treated in a hospital/MASH or he will die within a set timeframe.

Can this be accomplished?

Kind regards

I do that but im unable to load person into vehicle

_load_wounded = 1;

And when i die i stay inconcious at the base after a moment black screen you are die press esc to choose another player ;(

I use Ace2 with Combined operation.

Your help will be greatly appreciate.

Thank you

Edited by DarkEclip

I do that but im unable to load person into vehicle

_load_wounded = 1;

And when i die i stay inconcious at the base after a moment black screen you are die press esc to choose another player ;(

I use Ace2 with Combined operation.

Thank you

Ok on some vehicle i need to turn around to find the good spot.

And i still incoucious when i respawn i think this is a bug, maybe my config idk.

:(

@DarkEclip - sorry mate I missed your first post. To be honest I haven't used ACE for some time, so I'm not sure how compatible the most recent revive is with it. If you PM me a link to your mission I'll take a look through it and see if I can identify something.

Version 0.47

Download: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/OA/Revive/revive047.rar

Adds:

As you can no longer use the Esc(menu)/respawn button with these revive scripts, this version of the script adds two new function keys:

Respawn at mission start point – Ctrl Home

Fall unconscious – Ctrl End

If you're already using version 0.45+ then all you need to do is replace the revive_sqf folder in your mission with the one in the example mission in the archive.

In the latest versions, none of the revivable units ever really die so checking for !alive won't work. You can check for this instead though for each unit

Is this "(... none of the revivable units ever really die...") why the enemy keeps shooting at you, when your in the "revive" waiting state? Is there anyway to stop them from shooting at you? Kinda a deal breaker when they just un.load clip after clip into you

Is this "(... none of the revivable units ever really die...") why the enemy keeps shooting at you, when your in the "revive" waiting state? Is there anyway to stop them from shooting at you? Kinda a deal breaker when they just un.load clip after clip into you

Yeah possibly. I was first made aware of this problem a couple of days ago and after I saw your post I had a quick look into it before work this morning. So far there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it - sometimes it happens and some times it doesn't - all I can say is that the "setcaptive" command isn't working with the way the script is currently set-up. It appears that if an AI unit is already shooting at a player when the player is set captive then the AI continues to shoot at him.

I'll try and find a fix and will hopefully get something posted in the next couple of days.

I did notice it maybe a week ago but I decided I liked it. It looked a bit weird but it forces you to secure the area before you can try a rescue.

I did notice it maybe a week ago but I decided I liked it. It looked a bit weird but it forces you to secure the area before you can try a rescue.

Problem is though Cougs is that it causes the AI to waste all of their ammo on guys they have already taken out of the fight, leaving little left for real targets.

True - and I compensated by giving two extra mags to every bad guy in my mission design.

Granted, not everyone will think to do this when using this version of the script.

That should allow this revive script to go back to letting people die since we'll be able to grab and recreate their backpack contents, right? :)

Yep most likely - I'll take a look. If it does then I'll stop working on this version of the script and add all the updates to the old version that allowed units to die.

I don't know if someone brought this up already but the disappearing Mobile tent might be due to the fact some people do not have ARMA2 and the script I believe uses the default Mash from ArmA2 and not OA.

Trying to use this script in a mission and I'm having a bit of a problem. :p

I get a bucket load of errors in the rpt and I've isolated the problem to the revive script. After respawning the games lags up and starts running slow but I believe that can be credited to the amount of errors being written.

Here's a copy of .rpt with some comments.

Now the question is if this is a merely a setup problem on my part or a script bug.

Cheers

Curry

Edited by mrCurry

@Curry - it looks like a set-up bug if you PM me a link to your mission I'll take a look.

Revive 0.48 Release (For ArmA2 CO with beta patch 72716 only)

Link: http://norrin.org/downloads/OA/Revive/revive048.rar

This version takes advantage of the new Magazine and Weapon cargo commands available in beta patch 72716 (so only download it if you plan on using the beta)

In this version you can use the Esc/menu/respawn function, however you can still use playableUnits to define the NORRN_player_units array or the unit names without quotation marks eg. [s1,s2];

If you have a version of your mission already set-up with revive 0.45+ and you want to use this version just copy over the revive_sqf folder in your mission with the one in the archive (ie. no-need to update the revive_init.sqf)

I'm not sure how compatible it is with SP player but I'll keep working on it.

Thanks to Ghost for sending some very helpful info regarding the new commands.

norrin

Edited by norrin

Hi norrin!

I got a problem in the 0.48 version. For example if i am the teamleader of a squad and someone of my team gets shot - the weapons i selected before at the ammobox disappear in that moment and i´m equipped with the standard weapons of the teamleader. Sometimes i cant even use this standard weapon - it dont let you shoot anymore. Very strange... ;-)

Hi norrin!

I got a problem in the 0.48 version. For example if i am the teamleader of a squad and someone of my team gets shot - the weapons i selected before at the ammobox disappear in that moment and i´m equipped with the standard weapons of the teamleader. Sometimes i cant even use this standard weapon - it dont let you shoot anymore. Very strange... ;-)

Hi MMike,

Checked this morning and everything seemed to be working fine ie. started mission - went to an ammo box and changed load-out - respawned - and got the same load-out as when I died - same thing if I was revived by the AI.

Make sure you don't have this set in the revive_init.sqf

_respawn_at_base_addWeapons = 1;

If you're still having a problem then PM me a link to your mission and I'll take a look as it maybe a problem I haven't picked-up in my testing.

I gotta ask.

Is there any reason why the camo net over mobile respawn vehicle and ammo box will not work??

The mobil respawn point works and the deploy and pack text is available and works, but the ammo crate and camo net will not be there.

Using it via the F2 OA folk

Also using US men and vehicles.

It all works in ArmA 2 but cannot get it woring in OA.

Any ideas?

Any help?

Cheers.

Hmm, ok I am going to add some more info.

Still the same issue though.

I have used this before so I am a bit puzzled.

Mobile respawn set as per instructions dead on (atleast I think so, thats why I am puzzled)

When I get in the vehicle and have the option to deploy the MHQ, the fuel drops and the Mobile marker shows on the map, but the camonet and the ammobox does not come.

So the "fuel set to 0" in the script works fine and the "create marker" also, but could it be the _camo = "Land_CamoNetB_NATO"

and

case west: {"USBasicAmmunitionBox" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];}

That just dont work with Arrowhead?

I am tearing my head off here.

No those classnames do not exist in standalone Arrowhead. You need to change them to Land_CamoNetB_NATO_EP1 and USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1. Then the Arrowhead content will be loaded instead of the A2 content.

No those classnames do not exist in standalone Arrowhead. You need to change them to Land_CamoNetB_NATO_EP1 and USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1. Then the Arrowhead content will be loaded instead of the A2 content.

thank you thank you.

So I was not that far away, well quite right. Class names.

Sorry, but if you do not mind me asking. Where can I find a list of classnames for objects and such for Arrowhead?

Is it as easy as adding _EP1 to stuff?

EDIT: Sorry, I got all exhited and forgot to even think about searching that. Sorry and thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Cato.

Edited by Cato Larsen
My stupidity

@Legislator - thanks for taking care of Cato's problem mate. I'll make sure I add a fix for this possibility in the next revive update.

norrin

I don't know if you've already included a fix for custom weaponcrates in the revive script. I'm still using 0.46 but here're the changes I made and which work very good so far:

changes in revive_init.sqf:

one of the last lines:

_ammocrate 						= "BWMod_WeaponsCrate_AllWeapons";
// =====================================================================================================================
// DO NOT MODIFY THE FOLLOWING CODE
// =====================================================================================================================

and

[...]
_allied_side_3,_allied_side_4,_deadSpectator_cam,_drop_weapons,_cadaver,_bury_timeout,_reward_function,_revives_required,_team_kill_function,_no_team_kills,_medic_stable, _unit_stable, _ammocrate];

\revive\revive_sqf\mobile\deploy_camo.sqf

/*
DEPLOY CAMO SCRIPT

© norrin, April 2008 
***********************************************************************************************************************************
deploy_camo.sqf
*/

_vcl 				= _this select 0;
_pos_vcl 			= getPos _vcl;
_dir_vcl 			= getDir _vcl;
_ammocrate			= NORRN_revive_array select 102;

switch (playerSide) do 
{
case west: {_ammocrate createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
case east: {_ammocrate createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
case resistance: {_ammocrate createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
};

_vcl setFuel 0;
_camo = "Land_CamoNetB_NATO" createVehicle _pos_vcl;
_camo setDir (_dir_vcl + 90);
_camo setPos [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (sqrt (4) * cos (155 - _dir_vcl)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (sqrt (4) * sin (155 - _dir_vcl)) , 0];

NORRN_camo_net = true;
publicVariable "NORRN_camo_net";
_vcl removeAction NORRN_l_spawn_act;

if (true) exitWith {}; 

I did only apply this for weapon crates, but it should work with camo nets too. However I'm using hardcoded camo nets for certain island so that doesn't matter to me.

By the way, the revive script works perfectly in addon-mode. I changed every path so I only need the revive_player.sqf in the mission folder. I'm doing the same to my missions now having only one PBO file to update :)

Hi norrin I have try your latest script but i think im really a big noodle because i cant use it. I try your mission i respawn under 1 sec at respawn_west marker no respawn button just a window with my stat.

I try too undermy mission with Delta force unit = same thing.

I use the latest beta patch 72863.

And i use US Delta force unit.

Thank you.

Edited by DarkEclip

Did you try it in the editor or did you try it after using the editor and save it to MP missions and host it?

Casu the revive does not work if you use it in editor, you need to host it. OR have it on a server and you "player" name, the name of the guy you are using needs to be called, "Alpha_1" or "alpha_2" IF you are using the default script. There are things you need to change and type in the script if you wanna use this for a full mission. And I would say that a minimum understanding of scripting is needed. Do you know anything about these scripts?

If not, then PM me what you want or need and I will help you, as a thanks to the quick and good help I just got when I was stuck.

Cheers, cato

Did you try it in the editor or did you try it after using the editor and save it to MP missions and host it?

Casu the revive does not work if you use it in editor, you need to host it. OR have it on a server and you "player" name, the name of the guy you are using needs to be called, "Alpha_1" or "alpha_2" IF you are using the default script. There are things you need to change and type in the script if you wanna use this for a full mission. And I would say that a minimum understanding of scripting is needed. Do you know anything about these scripts?

If not, then PM me what you want or need and I will help you, as a thanks to the quick and good help I just got when I was stuck.

Cheers, cato

I play on my dedi server and i change the unit name by S1,S2,....

The original demo desert.pbo i try it on my server and i can't revive i respawn 1 sec later at respawn_west marker. I really understand nothing :)

Thx for your help.