Sign in to follow this  
XGS Che Guevara

I'm Now 100% Onboard With ArmA 2

ROFL Yes, is done in the opinion of himself, IMHO he did not even started.

It is ok that he drags down Crytek. I guess BIS is paying Clive to destroy all competitors over the time. :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

Clive was the lead AI designer and it's impossible to say whether he did a good job or not at this point. The only thing we've seen is that they fire non-lethal headshots and take cover. The alleged change in making OFPDR into a COD4+ game certainly can't be pinned on Clive since a) he has nothing to do with those desicions and b) he left when the changes was done (or so it seems).

Just because they work for CM doesn't mean they're crap, in fact the game looks quite good. It's just the "strategy" or demographic if you prefer, that is whack.

CM Shot the OFP franchise in the head. It's nothing serious, but it's badly bleeding.

I am happy with this.. the name Operation Flashpoint needs to die, because there was only 1 and only ever will be 1. as far as i'm concerned the new name is Armed Assault, and all others are arcade crap.

I have said for years that codemasters will mass marketify the game and make it into some bf2 clone, so I never for a second had an inkling to buy ofp2.

Arma 2 is the real op flash 2, thats all I need to know.

Crysis has really cool red barrels that explode. Just youtube that shiznit.

I have said for years that codemasters will mass marketify the game and make it into some bf2 clone, so I never for a second had an inkling to buy ofp2.

Fully agree. It's a shame.

Strange really that (big) companies are buying smaller ones just to get a well known "game name", and then make a sequel that is nothing like the original. I mean peolple liked the original for what it was. there are many examples eg Rainbow6 series, Ghost recon series, why not do an original instead of thrashing well known games and making (old) fans disapointed.

yeah i loved ranbow six and ghost recon series. I feel ghost recon really sucks now with that advanced warfighter stuff. I enjoyed rainbow six vegas though, AI was good in my opinion.

Strange really that (big) companies are buying smaller ones just to get a well known "game name", and then make a sequel that is nothing like the original. I mean peolple liked the original for what it was. there are many examples eg Rainbow6 series, Ghost recon series, why not do an original instead of thrashing well known games and making (old) fans disapointed.

Codemasters were the original publishers of Operation Flashpoint.. they didn't buy out anyone, they just had the trade mark on the name and kept the name when bohemia and codemasters went their own ways.

Is " Operation Flashpoint" a much cooler name then " Armed Assault" ? yes.. by a long shot, but the more important thing is that the true GAME is with BI, not with codemasters.

but other then that I agree with your post.

yeah i loved ranbow six and ghost recon series. I feel ghost recon really sucks now with that advanced warfighter stuff. I enjoyed rainbow six vegas though, AI was good in my opinion.

RS:V IMO is the best example of how to ruin a name, I always think that the missing of preplanning, switching from tactical shooter to linear shooter, adding of magic equipment box and removal of premission equipment setting is a major betrayal of what is great about the series(till RS3 that is), and now we only left SWAT series to play with

RS:V IMO is the best example of how to ruin a name, I always think that the missing of preplanning, switching from tactical shooter to linear shooter, adding of magic equipment box and removal of premission equipment setting is a major betrayal of what is great about the series(till RS3 that is), and now we only left SWAT series to play with

Exactly what I was going to say. That, and Hidden and dangerous (2).

Codemasters were the original publishers of Operation Flashpoint.. they didn't buy out anyone, they just had the trade mark on the name and kept the name when bohemia and codemasters went their own ways.

Is " Operation Flashpoint" a much cooler name then " Armed Assault" ? yes.. by a long shot, but the more important thing is that the true GAME is with BI, not with codemasters.

but other then that I agree with your post.

I think you missunderstood, i know all about BI and Codies ive been around here since Ofp demo days. When i was blabbing about buying out companies i didnt mean specificaly Ofp/Arma/Bi/Codies. What i meant was some companies makes a game and thinks it will sell better if it has a "known" name (aparently it seems to work) and its a shame/kick in the teeth to the old fans.

I think you missunderstood, i know all about BI and Codies ive been around here since Ofp demo days. When i was blabbing about buying out companies i didnt mean specificaly Ofp/Arma/Bi/Codies. What i meant was some companies makes a game and thinks it will sell better if it has a "known" name (aparently it seems to work) and its a shame/kick in the teeth to the old fans.

ah yeah, I agree definitely. It all started when EA started buying out the great little companies like Bullfrog 10+ years ago.

ArmA is a cooler name than both of them ;)

The reason I never played OFP is because I thought the name was rubbish. Truth.

And I'm normally considered quite a smart guy :D

ArmA is a cooler name than both of them ;)

it sounds like an italian guy complaining about his arm in broken english.

oh my godsa , my poor arma, and my othera arma 2

As a HUGE fan of OFP, I was VERY disappointed in the new in game video of OFP2 :(

I have never owned OFP or ArmA 1 (have played though) so I wouldn't be considered a fanboi. Everything that I have seen about Dragon Rising screams cookie cutter twitch game. Most games that the industry hails as ground breaking usually just have a brand new graphics engine while the core game play remains the same as every ohter game previously produced.

Most developers don't have the sack to do something completely different. The downside is that it isn't as profitable as the mainstream garbage.

I would imagine that it is fairly similar in most romance languages.