Sign in to follow this  
argh9R

Radiosound + Mouse Lag Problem

odd my mouse is just fine. Game runs great. Even the odd stutter from mutigpu is gone with the latest betas. I can adjust my mouse speed in game and or with my mouseware, to the point it can be to fast...

I finally uninstalled today, I have the steam version, maybe thats the only version for all I know...anyway, I wanted to like this game, but the negative mouse accceleration is unforgiveable. I just upgraded my motherboard and processor to a i5 from a core 2 e8400...a modest upgrade...this game is just broken....can't blame my rig or anything else. Maybe they'll patch after 5 years or something.

Hello all. I'm on Arma 2 1.04 with the latest beta patch installed.

I'm on

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 3.5ghz

Radeon 4890 1gb

8 gigs of ram

and I'm using a Razer Diamondback. I will be plugging in a Logitech G5 to test out if there is any difference, but it really looks to be in-game.

I am not experiencing any lag in the mouse movements, I am however experiencing some nasty negative acceleration. If I sweep my mouse from one corner of the mousepad to another slowly I turn around maybe 5-6 times. If I sweep it quickly I'll do about a 90 degree turn. Clearly this is negative acceleration.

I've tried forcing Vsync off, I've tried the latest beta patch (which I actually needed to get viewable textures with my 8gb of ram) and messed around with some mouse settings. I've also tried dumping the graphics down the minimum and there's still the same mouse accel.

Is there any kind of fix that I have overlooked in this 30 something page thread?

Just letting you know another upset ARMA 2 player here.. I love these games, it just feels like they shoot for so much that the games are ahead of the times, and then take 3-4 years for them to patch them up so that they are playable.

That's the end of my rant / hey another person with problems here.

Still looking for a solution and I'll let anyone know if I find anything. For now it looks like someone needs to be able to literally release their own patch that rewrites some of the mouse interaction coding in the game.. not easy I assume.

If I sweep my mouse from one corner of the mousepad to another slowly I turn around maybe 5-6 times. If I sweep it quickly I'll do about a 90 degree turn. Clearly this is negative acceleration.

Thats the turn ratio kicking in. Remember your carrying a lot of gear you can't just spin around like a ballet dancer ;)

Thats the turn ratio kicking in. Remember your carrying a lot of gear you can't just spin around like a ballet dancer ;)

So I read on another thread that this is what it's doing. I just turned down the sensitivity enough to the point where I can't activate the turn ratio thing by swinging too quickly. Helps out with keeping the sensitivity more constant.

Guess I'm just too used to Quake 3 =D

Hello! I beg forgiveness for the bad English! In trying to cope with these problems long ago, decided to only one, the smoothing of the mouse! Lowering mouse smoothing in profile.arma2profile values can reduce mouse lag and may improve FPS slightly:

Code:

mouseSmoothing = 0;

The vertical sync and post-processing must be disabled!

Now for the acceleration and lag mouse (these problems are greatly angered).

Here's a video with a detailed explanation of the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZV0WlMVG9c

Developers help solve the problem with acceleration, it should be off!

Edited by tyler@

Hello! I beg forgiveness for the bad English! In trying to cope with these problems long ago, decided to only one, the smoothing of the mouse! Lowering mouse smoothing in profile.arma2profile values can reduce mouse lag and may improve FPS slightly:

Code:

mouseSmoothing = 0;

The vertical sync and post-processing must be disabled!

Now for the acceleration and lag mouse (these problems are greatly angered).

Here's a video with a detailed explanation of the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZV0WlMVG9c

Developers help solve the problem with acceleration, it should be off!

Turn ratio.. you can not just sweep your mouse from one side of your mouse mat to the other and then expect the character to spin around. Simulation of carrying many kilos of gear i believe it is.

Have you tried adjusting the ingame mouse settings:

mousesettings.jpg

The fact that I am accustomed to the speed of the mouse in which a character in the whole rug is set for 15 hours at any speed of movement of the mouse (as in a normal FPS done), and in ARMA2 do not get done (the reason the video), as ARMA2 Acceleration ! (Sight character is not tied to the location of the mouse, he is tied to the speed with which the mouse moves), such management needs to be done for consoles (the more pressing analog, the more speed) for PC FPS is not appropriate! It is very difficult to get used to this control! After another FPS can not kill anyone, how to get used again! And why is that?? But the mouse settings in the game are changing only the speed of the mouse, but acceleration is left!