Sign in to follow this  
argh9R

Radiosound + Mouse Lag Problem

Hello,

I bought the game 1 day after release, I played it serveral times and I was so dissapointed that I stop to play the game.

But now, after patch 1.01 final, I reinstalled it and gave it another try.

What seriously pi**es me off are the microsoft sam like radio commands. Horrible. BIS you cannot be serious about that. Do you play the game and like that? Did the betatesters say: YES thats GREAT! :yay:

Question: Can I deaktivate these sounds or replace it?

@BIS: Can you update these sounds?

Second problem which is way worse:

I play CS, CoD4/5 and other FPS which have very accurate mouse settings. The aiming is direct and accurate. I need this accurate aiming to aim the best way, pwn:cool:, and thus have fun with a game.

I've invested much time to set up my pc the optimal way. My hardware is a mx518 with 1000hz and 450 dpi setting. Mouseaccl is deaktivated, Windows sens is standard.

ARMA II feels like mouseaccleration + a serious mouse lag. Its nearly impossible to aim proper. In the menu the mouse seems to be okay. (Attention: I know that ARMAII is a realistic war-simulation. I know that BIS wanted to simulate the weight of the weapons. I know that there's a floating mode. Nevertheless I cannot imagine that this mouselag is a part of a good simulation. Thus I think its a problem of the game.) I Installed the game at serveral PCs of friends. = Same Problem. Forums said ARMA I had the same problem. Do you experience the same or do you simply don't have a problem and accept this as normal?

In an other forum I've read that it helps to set the DPI of the mouse to the maximum. I've tried it, but it wont work.

Others said the problem is the low fps-rate. I don't think so. I have very good fps and i also tried to set the graphicssettings to lowest and resolution 1024. My FPS were high and i had the same mouselag.

My System:

vista64bit

PhenomI 9950 BE oc 3ghz

ATI 4890 oc

4gb drr 800

GA-MA78GM mobo

vista 64 bit

vsync always off

mouseaccleration deactivated (regestryentry)

I hope some of you have a soulution for me. Can i "script" or "mod" a better mouse?

I payed 50bucks, i loved OPFI and i would love to play the game. But without a direct mouse aiming its not possible for me.

Thank you!

Edited by argh9R

Hello there,

I'll try to help out as much as I can because I don't want to see players leave this great game because of something that could be changed very easily.

It sounds to me as though you are experiencing low FPS.

I would suggest download a program such as fraps to measure your FPS while in-game.

This game is quite demanding on your system, so please don't be surprised to hear that it could be your hardware.

The only other explanation may be the settings in-game. It is possible in ArmA2 to move your head and have your weapon follow shortly after. Please check your in-game options and have a play around with the sliding bar. Sorry I cannot remember the name of the option as I am awaly from my gaming PC (at work, bah).

As for the voices:

It would not be possible to record every combination of co-ordinates or locations and have the voices pre-defined. Arma2 has a vast terrain and does not follow a small, set path such as the other games you mentioned.

Edited by nedley

Hello!

Thank you for your fast reply. I don't want to be unfriendly, but obviously you didn't read my text or copied and pasted your answer into this thread.

It is not the floating-bar.

It has nothing to do with my fps, i HAVE fraps installed and i wrote:

Others said the problem is the low fps-rate. I don't think so. I have very good fps and i also tried to set the graphicssettings to lowest and resolution 1024. My FPS were high and i had the same mouselag.

Please read my text and then answer :)

I was going to suggest you turn off VSync, but I see you've already done that. From my experience that's mostly the cause for such problems. For me the mouse movement in Arma2 is fast and smooth without VSync.

If I may ask, what framerates do you get under different circumstances, like:

1. Way out over the ocean.

2. In the airport on Utes.

3. In a small village in north-western Chernarus.

4. In the middle of Chernogorsk.

EDIT: yeah, the radio voices suck. :(

There's no X in the centre of your screen where bullets go because. Your arms move, your head moves, the gun moves. You cannot therefore run around like an aimbot in railgun mode. Accuracy comes from stillness. You even have to press the "hold breath" button to score a hit.

PS the radio could sound like daffy duck for all I care :)

Sorry Mr Fenix you obviously accidenly posted this in this thread. No problem :)

There's no X in the centre of your screen where bullets go because. Your arms move, your head moves, the gun moves. You cannot therefore run around like an aimbot in railgun mode. Accuracy comes from stillness. You even have to press the "hold breath" button to score a hit.

It's meant to be here but I just didn't proof-read it. The guy seems to expect to spin around and zap anything in the centre-screen cross-hairs.

@MadDogX: Thank you for your reply! I will try that. When you say you have absolutly no problem I will try to format, and will try it with force vsync off another time. perhaps he didn't switch off vsync proper...

It seems BIS don't listen to community. Apparently the excessive mouse smoothing is still enabled in ARMA 2.

There's nothing you can do, except try to keep your FPS 100+ to get a control over your weapon. BIS isn't gonna fix it since they don't undestand how bad effect it has on the game.

In other games you can turn the smoothing off and have responsive smooth aiming at 30fps, but in ARMA 2 because of this bullshit mouse smoothing you need to have 100fps+.

I didn't read your post?! I don't quite understand why you say that. I posted exactly what you said your problem was.... Anyway.

What makes you think there is a problem, and its not just the way the game is built? As Mr Fenix said, this is not your average first person shooter. The gun is not stuck to your chest with a motionless structure. If you run, your gun will not be pointing forwards.

If the problem is that your gun is taking too long when stationary to move into the centre of your screen, its because you have the float settings on.

If the gun moved with your mouse and stays in the centre of your screen in relation to your head and it simply feels slow, its your FPS being low.

What exactly is your FPS while standing still? You would not want it any lower than 50 standing still anywhere.

What do i expect? A game without build in mouseacll and heaviest mouselag? YES :D

Sorry Mr Fenix you obviously accidenly posted this in this thread. No problem :)

I lol'd.

Considering your not trying to be unfriendly you might try not saying that people who are trying to help you are posting here by mistake.

nedley, you just DONT understand whats my problem.

its NOT a problem with my fps and its NOT a probleam with floating, i KNOW what you mean but its just NOT my problem :)

Oh sorry I didn't understand until you wrote in CAPTIAL LETTERS. I MUST BE STUPID.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

It seems BIS don't listen to community. Apparently the excessive mouse smoothing is still enabled in ARMA 2.

There's nothing you can do, except try to keep your FPS 100+ to get a control over your weapon. BIS isn't gonna fix it since they don't undestand how bad effect it has on the game.

In other games you can turn the smoothing off and have responsive smooth aiming at 30fps, but in ARMA 2 because of this bullshit mouse smoothing you need to have 100fps+.

YEH BI WTF

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE A 30KG WEAPON THAT IM HOLDING MOVE 90 DEGREES IN 20 MILLISECONDS WITHOUT MOVING EXACTLY FROM WHERE I WANT IT.

Seriously, how old are you guys?

Why don't you go back to Quake or COD.

Sorry nedley, it was unfriendly.

I'm just disappointed about the game.

ahh there's somebody who knows what i mean :)

can i mod an option to disable the mousesmoothin?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

YEH BI WTF

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE A 30KG WEAPON THAT IM HOLDING MOVE 90 DEGREES IN 20 MILLISECONDS WITHOUT MOVING EXACTLY FROM WHERE I WANT IT.

Seriously, how old are you guys?

Why don't you go back to Quake or COD.

now you are unfriendly. dont be frontin son lqlll lool.

i understand that bis somehow has to simulate the weight of the weapon. i played opfI. i am not a quake cod nap. i just DONT want to have a mouselag.

nedley are you stupid? It's not simulating "weapon weight", it's just mouse smoothing that's ruining the feel to the game if you don't have 100fps+. And you can shoot more accurate in real life so WTF are you on about? ITS EXCESSIVE MOUSE SMOOTHING TO COMPENSATE BIS's 400dpi MICE THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DISABLE.

Yes I are stupid and I are not shootings bcuz of ma smooth mouse.

Tried to help. Hopeless effort. Enjoy being annoyed at a good feature in a great game.

Hello again,

i formated, installed vista again, forced vsync always off and installed arma II again.

Seriously people does nobody here experiences the same?

Its the same problem. I also want to add, that fast mousemovements kind of distorting the mouse. Please don't say its my mouses problem. In the menu of the game and in every other game theres no such problem. It kinda feels like an old laser mouse of the first generation.

Please, officials, workers, programmers of bohemia, are you looking at this forum? Take a firm stand about this problem!

I've got a 1 second mouse lag when playing in windowed mode. If that's what you are experiencing it's obviously a problem. The mouse acceleration on the other hand, is a feature. Arma2 is not COD or BF where you can turn 180 degrees in 0.00000001 seconds and pwn.

argh9R, the mouse lag can at least be reduced a bit by setting the prerendered frames from 3 to 0 /or 1 in your gfxcard panel. Think its called "Flip Queue Size" for ATI*, for Nvidia it's "Maximum prerendered frames".

*dont know if traytools are needed

Thank you for your help. I will try this at home. I slowly understand that they want to have this "disabled" mouse. For me it seems to be kind an unfortunate way to simulate the weight of a weapon. So whats about the problem when you have to move around fast. When I move around in real life I never suddenly look up or down thus it's not a realisitic simulation of turning around :D

Do you experience the same when moving around fast?

Thank you

I'm not to sure if the "completely overkill mouse acceleration" is supposed to be completely on purpose to simulate natural movement of a human body or not but the problem is that I'm not controlling ARMA II in the same way that I control myself when I move around in real life.

*EDIT: Actually it probably has almost completely to do with the way the movement is designed.

I fully understand that the implemented system is very complex and it is a pretty neat technical achievement but unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that controlling this way with the input devices we have available to us feels ultra weird to most people.

The mouse behavior just completely kills the game for me.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with ARMA not being a shooter, for me.

I just don't want playing the game to feel like I'm using OS X.

Meaning, feeling like I try to move the mouse with a broken arm.

Edited by SANGEKi

Yes, I am experiencing this on Windows XP.

Geforce 9800GT

E6600 2.4Ghz

2GB RAM.

It's really REALLY annoying.

For example when I'm running in the woods it's really hard to control my movement as the "cursos" moves too far away when turning because of the lag.

I don not see any reason to have this feature in this game, it only makes you less excited to play it.

This has nothing to do with the cursor.

This is about mouse acceleration which you can only feel and not see... well you can see yourself looking where you didn't want to but anyway.

The cursor going crazy when you're running is perfectly normal and the way it has to be.

You should just turn it off completely and use the sights.

Sorry if I understood you incorrectly.

@SANGEKi:

Good news for me that I'm not the only one who has problems with that mouseaccl. I had a funny idea! Since BIS apparently will never change this "feature", and nobody of the official STAFF takes a point about this problem (i posted in this forum because it's the official one....) and I already paid the 50€, I will try to play the game with my Wiimote. It think it will be perfect.. :)