Sign in to follow this  
aussieterry84

ArmA Editing 101 for Dummies

Has anyone got any plans on making a tutorial for the absolute beginners in ArmA editting?

I've read thru the biki but as an absolute beginner when it comes to putting more than just you and an enemy soldier in to hunt down i'm lost.

I got no idea how to use triggers and etc, so what i think would be a great idea is if someone wrote up a tutorial on a webpage going through a mission taht we could make (sort of like in your IT class in high school) where we follow the steps (which along the way have boxes telling us what each thing means) and end up with a fully made mission.

What do you guys think?

Would really help newbies IMMENSLEY with mission editting.

Maybe have it start at dummies but as you progress through the steps and lessons you go further advanced like PBO'ing missions (something i know VERY LITTLE about) and putting in graphics on screen and etc.

It could include a whole bunch of different game logics aswell, have it a mixture of everything (as it is being used to teach).

If i had the knowledge of how to do all this i'd spend atleast a month writing up lessons and tutorials, would be very helpful for people just getting into the Editor and by golly if you weren't interested in the editor in OFP or during ArmA I you definately will be in ArmA II with all the stuff you can do, thats why im after a 101 for dummies type thing so i can learn how to do all these cool things :).

A good way of learning how to edit is to take a look at how others have done it: open up a few missions and borrow what you need. Sooner or later you'll be proficient enough to do it yourself.

you also can use the ArmA Editing guide (written by Mr-Murray) for the first impressions. But keep in mind that all this content is avtually related to ArmA1. But most of those ones can be used in ArmA2 also, espacially when it comes to the very basic things like what is an Missionfolder? What is the mission.sqm? How to place units on the map? And so on.

You can get it right from my signature...

Edited by MemphisBelle

Thank you for the guide looks dam powerfull. Now I can learn the basics and more. :)

Thank you for the guide looks dam powerfull. Now I can learn the basics and more. :)

Yep, thats true. The guide was written by Mr-Murray and translated by me. So if any questions appear related to the guide, dont hazitate to do it.