Sign in to follow this  
StylezXP

Dogs of War bug

When your at the main flag in Chernogorsk it seems to attract all the OPFOR forces near you and if they are close then you can not capture the flag. Check the streats etc near the flag for hostiles and take them out. Watch out for those pesky technicals with MG's etc :cool:

Thanks. I finally got it , but now i'm in another problem.

I captured Lopotev and my CO says i have to wait extraction chopper in the island. I have waited like an eternity and still no chopper. :confused:

Thanks. I finally got it , but now i'm in another problem.

I captured Lopotev and my CO says i have to wait extraction chopper in the island. I have waited like an eternity and still no chopper. :confused:

Hmm that happened to me the first time I caught Lopotev, I luckily had a save just after I had killed his soldiers etc. So I loaded that went over and got him and then the CO talks about the heli etc. After a min or two I start to hear a helicopter so I started going south east I believe. (towards the bottom right of the island) After walking that direction briefly I could see the helicopter landing and then you automatically appear inside the helicopter with Lopotev and your squad.

So try to load a save and then see if the helicopter arrives, I was hoping that was just a problem I had while playing the mission in the editor...

Good luck :)

YAY! patch 1.03...

Now none of my Dogs of War savegames work :( great work BIS....

Hmm that happened to me the first time I caught Lopotev, I luckily had a save just after I had killed his soldiers etc. So I loaded that went over and got him and then the CO talks about the heli etc. After a min or two I start to hear a helicopter so I started going south east I believe. (towards the bottom right of the island) After walking that direction briefly I could see the helicopter landing and then you automatically appear inside the helicopter with Lopotev and your squad.

So try to load a save and then see if the helicopter arrives, I was hoping that was just a problem I had while playing the mission in the editor...

Good luck :)

Thanks mate for your help.

Yes it was apparently a bug in trigger AGAIN. After i loaded the game it worked and chopper came. Now i'm standing in the HQ and Lopotev isn't moving anywhere. Also i still have the investigate marker visible in that shit hole island even though i picked and transported Lopotev back to base. Just great. I give up. Shit. :mad:

Also what i find funny is that Lopotev is holding the stick in that chopper and i'm in the middle. Like Lopotev is the co-pilot. Very professional soldiers these Spec ops guys ;)

I thought they fixed the whole damn mission, but NO. Jesus fucking christ. :mad::mad:

3 patches and still the mission has critical bugs that stop you from completing it. I don't know what to say.

I started the mission from the start with revert option so that can't be the reason why there's still bugs in this mission.

Edited by Potatomasher

Thanks mate for your help.

Yes it was apparently a bug in trigger AGAIN. After i loaded the game it worked and chopper came. Now i'm standing in the HQ and Lopotev isn't moving anywhere. Also i still have the investigate marker visible in that shit hole island even though i picked and transported Lopotev back to base. Just great. I give up. Shit. :mad:

Also what i find funny is that Lopotev is holding the stick in that chopper and i'm in the middle. Like Lopotev is the co-pilot. Very professional soldiers these Spec ops guys ;)

I thought they fixed the whole damn mission, but NO. Jesus fucking christ. :mad::mad:

3 patches and still the mission has critical bugs that stop you from completing it. I don't know what to say.

I started the mission from the start with revert option so that can't be the reason why there's still bugs in this mission.

Hmm I think the investigate marker stays there whatever you do, it did for me but when you get back to HQ Lopotev should board a waiting truck and you should recieve a message from command about a deal with the Russians. If the mission still ain't fixed them am going to be pissed off cause I just started it again 30 mins ago thinking it would be fixed now in campaign mode

And lol yeah I was thinking the same thing about Lopotev looking like he was the Co-pilot in the chopper :)

Hmm I think the investigate marker stays there whatever you do, it did for me but when you get back to HQ Lopotev should board a waiting truck and you should recieve a message from command about a deal with the Russians. If the mission still ain't fixed them am going to be pissed off cause I just started it again 30 mins ago thinking it would be fixed now in campaign mode

And lol yeah I was thinking the same thing about Lopotev looking like he was the Co-pilot in the chopper :)

Yes i got the message from HQ about the deal with russians but Lopotev wouldn't move his sorry ass to truck even when i boarded it. He was just standing.

I try again later tonight, but right now i'm too fed up to play anymore. I got to do some paint job here back home. It will hopefully calm my nerves too. ;)

Report here how your mission progress if you mind.

Was really hoping this would not be the case but....

It seems some of the scripts still don't work right, I restarted the mission and I got the full conversation from the CO etc and my squad was able to move (YAY) but whenever I go to see LT Marny nothing happens. I don't get the conversation about taking Chernogorsk and bringing the USMC back into the fight. Sometimes the task appears to take the city but most times it does not.

Luckily I found a backup I made for the save I had on this mission while playing it through the editor so I guess I will have to use that...

Will try again later but if the script is still broken then am very disappointed, thats the only major gripe I have about the game. I can't finish the damn campaign... :(

Patch 1.03 did fix a few bugs i've noticed both in this mission and in other areas, I also seem to get a FPS improvement of about 2-3 frames per sec now which I suppose is nice. Overall I still love the game despite the bugs which to me are acceptable EXCEPT for the ones that stop me from doing the campaign. BIS really should have got that fixed by now. Otherwise still the best military sim I have bought since operation flashpoint.

I am still getting the endless "receiving..." thing altho they said they fixed it.

And it still crashes when I try to save.

Edited by Path-x

Was really hoping this would not be the case but....

It seems some of the scripts still don't work right, I restarted the mission and I got the full conversation from the CO etc and my squad was able to move (YAY) but whenever I go to see LT Marny nothing happens. I don't get the conversation about taking Chernogorsk and bringing the USMC back into the fight. Sometimes the task appears to take the city but most times it does not.

Luckily I found a backup I made for the save I had on this mission while playing it through the editor so I guess I will have to use that...

Will try again later but if the script is still broken then am very disappointed, thats the only major gripe I have about the game. I can't finish the damn campaign... :(

Patch 1.03 did fix a few bugs i've noticed both in this mission and in other areas, I also seem to get a FPS improvement of about 2-3 frames per sec now which I suppose is nice. Overall I still love the game despite the bugs which to me are acceptable EXCEPT for the ones that stop me from doing the campaign. BIS really should have got that fixed by now. Otherwise still the best military sim I have bought since operation flashpoint.

I didn't get him to talk to me either. However, I did get the other guy, the one who walks away from the briefing with the commander to talk to me when he stops near Marny. He talks to you about the MEU.

I didn't get him to talk to me either. However, I did get the other guy, the one who walks away from the briefing with the commander to talk to me when he stops near Marny. He talks to you about the MEU.

Yeah i talked to this other guy too. Marny didn't say anything.

It seems that BIS just fixed the start of the mission quickly hoping that there's no other bugs, but as we have seen that's really not the case. It's still bug infested mission like no other ever in BIS games before. What a pity.

Anyone has a problem with CTD while your forces are in Polana village? It's near end of mission.

After the briefing neither of the other two says anything to me, quite annoying I was really looking forward to playing through the mission properly and finishing it...

Does anyone know if the parts after this work fine? Am not going to try any work arounds if the rest of the mission is bugged as well.

I now managed to bring the Lopotev to russians, but i don't know what to do after the cut-scene where speznaz attack.

Cooper says something like Shaftoe is gonna like what i tell him. Do i need to drive all the way back with that lousy truck ?

This mission is a total mess. In every other mission you know exactly what to do because the markers worked like they should. In this mission they are completely broken.

I now managed to bring the Lopotev to russians, but i don't know what to do after the cut-scene where speznaz attack.

Cooper says something like Shaftoe is gonna like what i tell him. Do i need to drive all the way back with that lousy truck ?

Yeah thats the part I got to in the editor, I think you maybe go back to the CDF base but am really not sure.

Btw did your game get all screwed up when the scene happens when you walk towards the Russian officer with Lopotev etc? Mine got massive lag, freezes a while and then starts again but if it was fine for you then it was likely just my crappy PC.

I really need a new cpu :(

Yeah thats the part I got to in the editor, I think you maybe go back to the CDF base but am really not sure.

Btw did your game get all screwed up when the scene happens when you walk towards the Russian officer with Lopotev etc? Mine got massive lag, freezes a while and then starts again but if it was fine for you then it was likely just my crappy PC.

I really need a new cpu :(

Cutscene was allright, but whole time fps is in this mission like 5-15 fps. I'm just forcing myself to the end and after that i promise i will never again play this mission again. And that's for sure.

I tried going to CDF base in the west. Nothing. Then i went to Chernogorsk. Nothing. I don't know what the hell i'm supposed to do.

Cutscene was allright, but whole time fps is in this mission like 5-15 fps. I'm just forcing myself to the end and after that i promise i will never again play this mission again. And that's for sure.

I tried going to CDF base in the west. Nothing. Then i went to Chernogorsk. Nothing. I don't know what the hell i'm supposed to do.

Could be another script bug.... will load my save and see what happens for me. Will report back here as soon as I can.

Yeah I sometimes wander why I bother when I was enjoying the editor and MP soo much but for w/e reason I desperately try to complete the campaign, lol :bounce3:

*EDIT* Ffs old 1.02 save for Dogs of war in the editor fails to load with 1.03 now... sorry won't be able to test out that bit myself unless I restart the mission which honestly am not too excited about doing...

If I do go through the mission again i'll be sure to say here but frankly am guessing its still a script bug...

Edited by Titan127

Dogs of War is way overscripted mission. My CPU cannot held 20 fps all the time and Warfare actions are so slow and laggy. I'm worried if I will end it.

Well I really don't know if 1.03 fixed all my problems with the DOW mission, since the new patch just crashes the game on me.

I suppose I could wait for 1.04 (if there ever is one) but the frustration the game (and this mission in particular) has put me through makes me not want to bother.

My Bugs so far:

Members of team Razor, despite having no way of hurting themselves seem to keep getting killed. For example I was in the back of a helicopter and both 2 and 3 did the whole "Ugh" thing. We never were fired at while in the helicopter my best guess was that it was a delayed reaction to getting out of the helicopter about 5 minutes earlier.

The Cutscene near Vybor doesn't work.

A helicopter is not coming to get me.

Warfare menus take too long to come up, figure out my money, display items and purchase items but its normally like that.

I was incapacitated and then healed by my medic yet I could still only crawl and he did not have the option to heal me again. I could fire and reload and my aim was decent but I could only crawl forward.

I was finally able to reproduce the "no factory" bug when attempting to buy a helicopter in Dogs of War. It only happens in 6B, the version that you play if you align with NAPA and have not killed Prizark. And the bug is still there in 1.03 (both Steam and CD versions). My belief is that this is intentional, as the AI commander never builds an aircraft factory. If you take command, you can build the factory, you even see it appear in the game, but it is non functional. (in the version that you play if you align with CDF, the AI commander eventually builds an aircraft factory at which you can buy helicopters). My guess is that the story line was supposed to be that NAPA did not have the resources to build an aircraft factory, but like much of this game, it was poorly implemented.

My workaround for this goes as follows:

Buy yourself a BMP. BMPs will float, although they are real slow. Drive south to the coast, towards the power plant, avoid contact in the big city by going southwest over the hill. Speed down the road and go to 113115, crossing the channel at that point. None of the enemy loons on the island have any AT weapons, so you can kill with impunity, just make sure that you don't kill the guy in the dark uniform, since he is Lovotov and is most valuable taken alive.

I was finally able to reproduce the "no factory" bug when attempting to buy a helicopter in Dogs of War. It only happens in 6B, the version that you play if you align with NAPA and have not killed Prizark. And the bug is still there in 1.03 (both Steam and CD versions). My belief is that this is intentional, as the AI commander never builds an aircraft factory. If you take command, you can build the factory, you even see it appear in the game, but it is non functional. (in the version that you play if you align with CDF, the AI commander eventually builds an aircraft factory at which you can buy helicopters). My guess is that the story line was supposed to be that NAPA did not have the resources to build an aircraft factory, but like much of this game, it was poorly implemented.

My workaround for this goes as follows:

Buy yourself a BMP. BMPs will float, although they are real slow. Drive south to the coast, towards the power plant, avoid contact in the big city by going southwest over the hill. Speed down the road and go to 113115, crossing the channel at that point. None of the enemy loons on the island have any AT weapons, so you can kill with impunity, just make sure that you don't kill the guy in the dark uniform, since he is Lovotov and is most valuable taken alive.

Even if you kill him you can revive him I think. I chucked two grenades near him and he was beat up pretty bad but he dropped his weapons and my medic healed him.

Hi, since there is already a Dogs of War Thread, I will ask here :)

Finally I resumed the arma 2 campaign with the 1.03 patch.

But, at the very start of dogs of war, my team attacks the NAPA without provocation, like 5 seconds in, ending our alliance with them. Anyone with the same issue? Or just me? If I was betrayed by the NAPA a few moments in the mission.......one could assume to be scripted.......instead it seems like a scripting bug, since my team immediately assumes the NAPA are the enemy.

I regret the day I bought the game.........Had great memories of OFP.......

Yeah I had that problem back in 1.01 and 1.02, a few secs after you start the mission you get notified that the alliance between BLUFOR and NAPA has ended. You and your squad are classed as BLUFOR so as soon as that happens your squad fires on the NAPA troops and then of course all of you get wasted by NAPA. Haven't had the problem since 1.03 though...

Best way to play this mission is to play through the editor, I had none of the script bugs from the campign when I did that. Definately not the ideal solution but if like me and you do enjoy the missions when they work then I would use the editor.

Titan127, it's exactly has you said.

I will try your advice, and play the mission through the editor.

I would enjoy playing the campaign without having to resort to "endmission", but the bugs are way too annoying :)

Thanks for the advice!

Edit** How exactly does one load campaign missions into the editor? :D

Edited by xk_pt

I started once again in 1.03 now and in NAPA DoW I cannot save the game across whole southern island. This normaly wouldnt be a problem but the game autosaves when towns are done. So when I go investigate the small island in SE game autosaves and I get a crash to desktop. I get a error message that says "cannot commit" or smt. like that.

Another thing is that when you get in fishing boat and drive to small island, your squad gets killed at disembarking...

Performance wise, I find the mission working even worse in Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk since 1.02. Oh well, maybe I will find some strenght to finish the mission later or maybe I will just wait for a patch for 1.03 or smt. (like it was last time).