Sign in to follow this  
StylezXP

Dogs of War bug

I started once again in 1.03 now and in NAPA DoW I cannot save the game across whole southern island. This normaly wouldnt be a problem but the game autosaves when towns are done. So when I go investigate the small island in SE game autosaves and I get a crash to desktop. I get a error message that says "cannot commit" or smt. like that.

Another thing is that when you get in fishing boat and drive to small island, your squad gets killed at disembarking...

Performance wise, I find the mission working even worse in Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk since 1.02. Oh well, maybe I will find some strenght to finish the mission later or maybe I will just wait for a patch for 1.03 or smt. (like it was last time).

I took an MH-60S and ordered him to come by men and I ordered my squad onto it and they got on and I got on and then I told him to move to the island where I told my squad to disembark. Plus this allowed me to have the helicopter covering me while I moved up the hill to the objective. Problem is they have a bad habit of hitting trees on the island or the radio tower.

Yeah I had that problem back in 1.01 and 1.02, a few secs after you start the mission you get notified that the alliance between BLUFOR and NAPA has ended. You and your squad are classed as BLUFOR so as soon as that happens your squad fires on the NAPA troops and then of course all of you get wasted by NAPA. Haven't had the problem since 1.03 though...

Best way to play this mission is to play through the editor, I had none of the script bugs from the campign when I did that. Definately not the ideal solution but if like me and you do enjoy the missions when they work then I would use the editor.

Could you please explain how to play through the editor?

Tried searching for it......... but didn't find a way.

Thanks

Bah, I just managed to get myself nuked after this mission... Wtf? :D :D

I finally just beat it. How do you get yourself nuked? Kill Lopo or Gen S.?

Jakerod, where you got MH60 from? You got MEU deployed? If so, how?

Jakerod, where you got MH60 from? You got MEU deployed? If so, how?

I captured Chernogorsk and after a while they send um or at least in the path that I took they did. It gives you:

Group 1: You

Group 2: 3x Abrams

Group 3: 3x AAVs

Group 4: Infantry

Group 5: Infantry

Group 6: Infantry

Group 7: 1x MH-60

Group 8: 1x MH-60

Group 9: 1x MH-60

I'm not sure if those are the exactly right. The only ones I ever saw in action were the MH-60s the rest I was commanding from the otherside of the battlefield

A list of all the actions I took that I remember:

I never was mean to Marny.

DoW: Let NAPA keep their weapons at Gorka

The one after DoW: Followed NAPA down the hill. Went to the NAPA hide out. BL?: Assasinated Prizrak or whatever.

I have the NAPA/CDF alliance right now.

I didn't take command.

Great. So, after next patch I will turn the campaign again. I did everything same as you but I was unable to assasinate Prizrak due to bug so I had NAPA DoW. In the beginning of the mission, cooper is talking about the possibility of redeploying MEU so I guess it would be possible to do it. I took chernogorsk and elektrogorsk but I got their base right after so I guess there wasnt enough time for US troops to arive.

Thanks for info.

I wonder what the scripting is based on.

First time I pld DoW (1.02) I got everything right with the assasinate Prizrak mission and the USMF landing in chernogorsk etc. I didn't succeeded in capturing Lopotev tho, he just sat on his butt for ages. So I patched to 1.03, which actually made all old saves worthless.

Aight, start it all over and I'm now in patch 1.03 capturing the whole friggin area without getting any new mission (neither prizrak nor USMF-landing/Razor2). So now the AI commandering NAPA is actually wiping CDF totally, demolishing every CDF-town in seconds. I cant really figure out whats missing for the scripts to trigger the alliance task/kill prizrak.

Right. So I was pretty far through Badlands when my save games just stopped functioning, so there was no way I was starting again - I used ENDMISSION to start Dogs of War. But I get this mad error where NAPA goes beserk and it turns into some kind of a western gunfight..

Yeah I had that problem back in 1.01 and 1.02, a few secs after you start the mission you get notified that the alliance between BLUFOR and NAPA has ended. You and your squad are classed as BLUFOR so as soon as that happens your squad fires on the NAPA troops and then of course all of you get wasted by NAPA. Haven't had the problem since 1.03 though...

Just like Titan describes here. I'm using v1.03 btw.

I just thought I'd add my problem to this thread of woes, I'm now gonna start on the scenarios. I do like this game but it's so difficult and it has nothing to do with the enemies bullets. It's the bugs in the campaign that makes it feel like I'm playing a D&D game where the Dungeon Master has been up for 200 days on crack and is just breaking the rules at every opportunity just to mess with me.

Sign on that.

Cleared the whole area and have only the russian quest open, but Marny doesn´t want to talk about his political plan against the russians. -.-

Sign on that.

Cleared the whole area and have only the russian quest open, but Marny doesn´t want to talk about his political plan against the russians. -.-

I do have the same problem, Marny doens't talk about russians, only about the weather/location/contacts XD.

Sign on that.

He will only tell you about them once you have completed a certain objective according to one of the BI guys.

Can you use the MEU units to transport you to the island?

I boarded one of the M60's but now I can't get it to land on the island....

Can you use the MEU units to transport you to the island?

I boarded one of the M60's but now I can't get it to land on the island....

Tell your men to board it to have it land so you can get in and then tell your men to disembark to make it land so you can get out.

Tell your men to board it to have it land so you can get in and then tell your men to disembark to make it land so you can get out.

Had already seen it on another thread, but thanks anyway!

Shortest solution to the problem (when is Prizrak killed in previous misson and you joined NAPA):

1) download the debugging console, install.

2) Start the mission

3) Open the console, execute this command

BIS_NPrizrak setPos [(position BIS_cooper select 0) - 1.5, (position BIS_cooper select 1) + 1.5, 0]

4) You will see Prizrak near you - kill him.

5) Now you can go to Marny and he will welcome you, your team will follow you...

There is one bug in the mission, when Prizrak was killed in previous mission, this mission move him only out of map, but he is still alive, thus one condition prevents continuing of the dialog flow, which enable again the "MOVE" command for your team mates. I think that you can use this "workaround" even if you are playing the mission for some time...

Simple question, do you have to capture all the (non-friendly) towns in order to beat the mission?

I have done EVERYTHING... except capture 3 towns....

Still I can't talk to Marny about the ruskies...

Simple question, do you have to capture all the (non-friendly) towns in order to beat the mission?

I have done EVERYTHING... except capture 3 towns....

Still I can't talk to Marny about the ruskies...

And you will not be able, until Prizrak is killed. And you cannot kill him, because he is far far away... use my solution and you will be able to talk with Marny...

And you will not be able, until Prizrak is killed. And you cannot kill him, because he is far far away... use my solution and you will be able to talk with Marny...

I killed him in the previous mission.... I had to restart the whole mission because I installed the BI hotfix....

Will try it out!

No harm done!

I killed him in the previous mission.... I had to restart the whole mission because I installed the BI hotfix....

Will try it out!

No harm done!

Yes, but this is the bug - he is again live (regardless you have killed him in previous mission) and the dialog (and thus code activating different things) will not continue until he is dead again... ;)

Yes, but this is the bug - he is again live (regardless you have killed him in previous mission) and the dialog (and thus code activating different things) will not continue until he is dead again... ;)

Did what you suggested and killed him (different clothing though)....

Still I am unable to finish the mission... will try to conquer the last 3 vilages.... but after around 11h real misssion time, and 5 days in real time... kind of tired of this mission....

Got all the vilages still no talk from Marny....

The only situation that will enable me to finish the mission is to attack the ruskies....

P.S: What's the yellow marker on the map? Popped up a couple of times in different places... never able to see what it is.....

Hi!

I posted this in an other thread, but I think its better here.

After finally getting Badlands completed with killing Prizrak, i start Dogs of War.

When starting the mission my team stands between a group of trees south of novy sobor. After a few seconds my team gets shot.

I unpacked and loaded the mission in the editor.

At this Position there are a few Marks e.g. "Pryzrak" (??? Remeber, I killed him???) and a mark "bis_Napa_start".

In the briefing, the focus of the map is set to a camp in the West, so I moved the "bis_NAPA_start" there.

Startet the mission over, now at the right Position.

But now some of the surrounding units start firing at each other, don´t know why.

I can only build defense, no base.

I edited the mission c6_... and there is the C6b_... i thought the C6 is the one allied with CDF. How do I change the map in the Campaign (to start C6b)?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

*edit*

Buying this buggy game now shows me one thing:

I should never buy a game again, just download it

via filesharing and save the money.

Even trying a demo doesn´t show me that much bugs I get with this game.

Shortest solution to the problem (when is Prizrak killed in previous misson and you joined NAPA):

1) download the debugging console, install.

2) Start the mission

3) Open the console, execute this command

BIS_NPrizrak setPos [(position BIS_cooper select 0) - 1.5, (position BIS_cooper select 1) + 1.5, 0]

4) You will see Prizrak near you - kill him.

5) Now you can go to Marny and he will welcome you, your team will follow you...

There is one bug in the mission, when Prizrak was killed in previous mission, this mission move him only out of map, but he is still alive, thus one condition prevents continuing of the dialog flow, which enable again the "MOVE" command for your team mates. I think that you can use this "workaround" even if you are playing the mission for some time...

i've tried as you suggested but i can't still speak to marny