Sign in to follow this  
StylezXP

Dogs of War bug

I'm on the Dogs of War "warfare" mission in the campaign, and it doesn't seem to get past the initial talking to the commander. Loading the level in Co-op works fine (the dialogue continues normally). Anyone else have this issue? Is this something resolved in the final patch?

I am having the same problem. Plus my guys where stuck standing and could not move. I had to shoot them in the leg and then revive them to be able to control them again.

Yeap i got the same problem :|

I was able to skip the mission using the debug console and entering "endmission "endx" where x is the number of the different endings between 1-6. Not the ideal way to move on, but there it is.

I'm on 1.01. It made things much better, but there's still scripting issues that show up here and there. I'll be buying it again and giving my current copy to my roommate when the steam version drops... Hopefully the campaign will have less kinks by then.

are you guys having this occur with the CDF and NAPA having an Alliance? Has anyone tried this mission without making the alliance?

I'm having the same issue. The two forces are allied at the time of the last cut-scene that gets stuck.

I have a solution!!!

Extract the mission files from the campaign PBO and open the mission in the editor.

Then when the mission is loaded, click op 'preview' or something, so you'll play the mission via the editor.

There it will get past the stuck dialogue. Now save and exit.

Then go to the savegame folder and copy the savegame from the single mission, to your campaign save folder et voila it works!!

(don't forget to backup savegame)

Awedar, how do you extract the PBO file and which file is the correct one to extract? Thanks for the help.

Edited by benpark

I have a solution!!!

Extract the mission files from the campaign PBO and open the mission in the editor.

Then when the mission is loaded, click op 'preview' or something, so you'll play the mission via the editor.

There it will get past the stuck dialogue. Now save and exit.

Then go to the savegame folder and copy the savegame from the single mission, to your campaign save folder et voila it works!!

(don't forget to backup savegame)

How i extract, and where i can find the campaign PBO file?

download the unpbo unpacker here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=417

I'm not at my PC with arma2 installed, but it's a .pbo file in your dta folder.

Unpack every file with "dogs of war" in fornt of it en place the dogsofwar.chernaruss folder (located inside the campaign/mission folder of the extracted files) in your documents&settings/username/arma2/mission folder and then load the mission via the editor!

I think that worked. There seem to be two separate branches, and I used the one that made sense with what I had done in the previous scenario.

Thanks for that fix. It was very frustrating to be stuck, since I was enjoying the campaign so much and wanted to keep going with it.

the only thing im haaving difficulty with is trying to find out how i can make it so that the alliance is working between napa and the CDF as i took out prizak in the mission before yet the mission editor is working like he is still alive

there's 2 mission, dosofwar or dogsofwarB. One is the one with thenapa leader alive, the other one is the one where he is dead!

hope this helps

i checked both dogs of war missions and one when i looked, one was for napa and the other was for the CDF, and the CDF and both had prizak alive in them.

Killing prizak in Badlands (CDF line) ment that Dogs of war at the start has the 2 CDF Commanders as well as a NAPA Commander in the CDF Base. And after some looking round i found a script command on Cooper that i changed from false to true which started up the alliance, however the NAPA commander still was not at the CDF Base.

I don't really want to risk messing up (changing) the storyline by modifying PBO and such. Has anyone found an easier solution?

PS tried reverting mission of course, no change.

Edited by Jedo

Same problem here; the officers only say hello and does not give any briefing. Marny doesn't speak as well. During startup of the mission it says that NAPA & CDF are allied.

Previously I've allied myself with NAPA and killed prizak.

Skipped Badlands and now when I start this mission the team is insta killed, lot of fun... And I cant find any files to open to edit.

My god this game is buggy... it is so anoying that my squad wont move... too bad.

Hi all, I've played through this one a few times, and each time this has worked for me.. As soon as the mission starts, shoot your medic (O'hara) twice in the leg with your AK. Heal him straight away. As soon as he can move, order him to heal himself again. While he is doing that, shoot Rodriguez twice in the leg. Order O'hara to heal him, once done, repeat on Sykes. This has worked every time, and all of them remain controllable for the rest of the mission. This also works in Badlands...

I would also like to confirm the nightvision "bug"/absence - since I kept reverting to try to get through the conversation bug I also discovered that once I was spawned with NV and all the other times without. Mission is really messed up without them.

Hi all, I've played through this one a few times, and each time this has worked for me.. As soon as the mission starts, shoot your medic (O'hara) twice in the leg with your AK. Heal him straight away. As soon as he can move, order him to heal himself again. While he is doing that, shoot Rodriguez twice in the leg. Order O'hara to heal him, once done, repeat on Sykes. This has worked every time, and all of them remain controllable for the rest of the mission. This also works in Badlands...

So you can move with your squad, but that doesn't fix the other important bug. The commander doesn't talk to you and Marny also keeps his mouth shut.

Only thing left is to wait patch 1.03... New info about that would be nice....

I have twice tried to complete this mission. I can report the following:

1. Both times, my squad does not move. They will go prone and stand up if ordered to, but will not move. I havent tried the other workarounds, such as shooting and healing them.

2. In the first game, I captured all the towns but most of the 'capture ____' completion triggers did not activate, so I was still being told to capture these towns. I didnt want to try completing the rest of the objectives (eg. clear out the airport) since I suspected the mission would not complete with these objectives still showing as incomplete. So I restarted the mission.

3. The second time, I captured the first town but although the completion flashed on screen, I got none of the follow up 'Capture ______' objectives, so I assumed the mission was broken and quit. Again, as noted above, my squad would not move.

I agree that some udpate on the progress of the next patch would be welcome.