i get this message

http://z1.zod.fr/z/e45ks6-KKK.jpg

ArmA 2
CreateIndexBuffer failed (8876017c)
OK

how can i fix it?

Edited by Suma
Text message for easier reading

You did not write what is your graphics card. If you are ATI/AMD user, I am afraid you will have to wait for June Catalyst drivers (9.6 = 2009/June) to be released. Until then you can try lowering your Texture detail and Texture memory options, and perhaps even decreasing view distance - this should at least make the error lest frequent.

You did not write what is your graphics card. If you are ATI/AMD user, I am afraid you will have to wait for June Catalyst drivers (9.6 = 2009/June) to be released. Until then you can try lowering your Texture detail and Texture memory options, and perhaps even decreasing view distance - this should at least make the error lest frequent.

Oo - i made signature but i see it not work...

i dont think that i should lower my options, this beta patch -> no problem

now final patch -> crash -.-

now i made signatur as link...

e: ohh i did not update my profile i use a evga 285gtx atm - ok now i edited

another edit: i hope they will fix it in next patch on 19.06 - i install the beta patch now and play again over hours and hours -> not 1 crash on beta (after 4. crash in final)

Edited by hideouz

For the record: error code 8876017c is D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY.

When do you get the crash? While starting the game? While starting the mission? When going back from the map into the game? When shooting?

Oo - i made signature but i see it not work...

i dont think that i should lower my options, this beta patch -> no problem

now final patch -> crash -.-

now i made signatur as link...

Many people have signatures turned off or don't want to have to visit an external link to see your specs, if you want troubleshooting support you must post your full system specs in detail (but not copy and paste from a DXdiag report which is no use) :)

For the record: error code 8876017c is D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY.

When do you get the crash? While starting the game? While starting the mission? When going back from the map into the game? When shooting?

i had it on different actions

one crash i had when i want to give some orders to my team, then other i was drving with a jeep and also just on running on a field - i think it can happen allover^^

now i use beta patch and i end game now coz i go to bed ;o

and still no crash on beta...

I just received the same crash error after applying the final patch, happened as being dropped off by the helicopter on Manhatten, near the main enemy base.Rrunning windows 7 64 bit, Intel Quad Extreme, Nvidia 9800 GX2, with 185.85 driver, 8gb Ram, I did try to upgrade to beta 186 incase got the same error and actually worse framerate with the beta driver.

hmm, i can say, that i get that problem only in single player - now i play with 1.01final in multiplayer and nothin happen (i played 7hours no break) - but when i try single player, max 1hour and i get this error

maybe that help to fix this problem

Yeah Ive seen an out of memory error on ATI card 4870, Just trying the 9.6 cats from the driver thread posted not long ago and will see how that all goes..

hmm, i can say, that i get that problem only in single player - now i play with 1.01final in multiplayer and nothin happen (i played 7hours no break) - but when i try single player, max 1hour and i get this error

Maybe you have high viewdistance in singleplayer but in multiplayer mission/server enforces lower viewdistance and thus the problem doesn't occur.

Just a guess, don't have A2 yet. :)

I get this error message in Arma2-Mark when I set landscape & objectdetail from high to very high. Set on high it runs. Veryhigh it crash to desktop after first scene. Using win7 64bit nvidia 186.18