Sign in to follow this  
Tajin

Stuck trying to join a multiplayer server.

when trying to connect to the server, got error :(

9499e76b5377t.jpg 977648605c7bt.jpg

Edited by astral54r

when trying to connect to the server, got error :(

9499e76b5377t.jpg

That's a little vague.

Give me a little bit more information and I might be able to help;

Specific error, error message?

Operating System

Connection

Software (Anti-virus, firewall)

That's a little vague.

Give me a little bit more information and I might be able to help;

Specific error, error message?

Operating System

Connection

Software (Anti-virus, firewall)

Standart windows aplication error :)

Error message "0x004434cf instruction at referenced memory at 0x00000001. memory can not be written"

WinXPx32_sp3, asus p5k, q6600(2,4gHz), 8800GT(186.18), 3GB DDR2 800, ArmA2 1.02 (rus)

1megabit_in/2megabit_out

Software: Firewall Outpost

Thank you for your advices and for your fast response :)

Update your system drivers/firmware.

Goto the manufacturer's website and download the lastest driver for your network adapter, and try to update the router firmware if possible.

Thats what i did first (see point 1 and 2 in my list) ;)

-->Graphic and Mboard drivers are on april 2009 version (onboard network adapter)

The assignment of static IP is a good idea... i will try this out and let you know if it helped...

If it doesnt help i will ping the router and a website and see what happens (but i dont have connection problems in other MP games like CoD, Freelancer:cool:, Grid, and so on)

My Network is working with ethernet... no wireless - only ethernet cables and powerline adapters... well ... i heard about problems with powerline systems but i never had connection problems with other games... so i dont think that could be the problem.

Greets

astral54r -

Those are standard 'Hex' errors. It can be anything from a corrupt short-cut, to bad .dll files or drivers.

Try to execute the program from the install directory.

If not, then have you recently used Windows Update, or installed any other software?

I would advise a simple re-install, but be sure to delete all left-over files/folders after uninstall (check hidden files in c:/documents and settings for left-over arma2 files).

Well... sorry that it took so long for my answer... but i didnt find the time to write here because the connection problems are gone :yay:

Thank you very much nedley your my hero:D

This is how i got it to work:

1.) I disabled the DHCP-Server on my router

2.) I gave Static adresses to every device on my network

3.) I played Arma2 for hours with 0.0 connection problems...

No idea.

This is the answer i got from BIS earlier... thnx for the support Bulemia Interactive :P

I've been having some problems with MP lately

Whenever I join a COOP Evo server, it connects fine to the server, lets me pick a slot then downloads the mission data. But that's it, it's stuck with receiving file

But I tried joining other servers and allowed me to connect. Connecting to a server is very hit or miss

I will try to forward some ports posted earlier on this thread and see if that's going to help. But if anybody has anymore helpful inputs. It would be very appriciated.

FYI also, I was able to host a Story Campaign MP with no problems. My friend was able to join me very quickly

But that's it, it's stuck with receiving file

my side usually completes receiving data, screen switches to loading for a bit, then switches back to the setup screen. the mouse becomes useless and have to navigate to disconnect with my arrow key.

for 1 of 12 attempts, after hanging at "receiving data" for a minute, pressing the primary attack key begins my online experience.

You guys probably know but just in case...

The "Receiving Data" screen can take a Long time if the MP game has been going a while.

I misunderstood your problem. We tried to address a NAT negotiation problem in Arma 2 in the latest patch but that is probably unrelated.

Well I upgraded to 1.04 and the "Connecting to server" issue still exists for me (and loads of others it would seem :(

Running:

Intel core2duo

4gig ram

Vista 64-bit

320GB HDD

Nivdia 9800 GTX+

The game runs fine, just can't connect to anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game more than any other to try to resolve this issue. As it currently stands it is a fresh install (2days old) patched straight to 1.04 and I still fail to connect. I can see servers, I can join them but cannot connect once on the soldier screen :(

This has ruined this game for me. ARMA1 worked fine so I've not idea what u guys did to the netcode but it's screwed for me.

Please revert to ARMA1 netcode or sort it out.

Edited by BigWilliam

halp. i cant even SEE any servers :( since updating my non-steam 1.02 version to the standalone 1.04 update, hitting multiplayer from the main menu takes about 30 seconds to even get to the MP server screen, then another 30 second lag, then no servers turn up whatsoever.

somebody mentioned a hotfix? where is this hotfix?

i havnt tried to play this game in a week becuase of crashing problems today i see the new beta patch supposedly fixes the memory issue so i install and try to play and it wont show me any servers :(

halp. i cant even SEE any servers :( since updating my non-steam 1.02 version to the standalone 1.04 update, hitting multiplayer from the main menu takes about 30 seconds to even get to the MP server screen, then another 30 second lag, then no servers turn up whatsoever.

somebody mentioned a hotfix? where is this hotfix?

There isn't a hotfix, and the reason you cannot see any MP servers is because for some reason this afternoon the master server seems to be having trouble, or at least that's my assumption as I have the same problem. This may last a few hours so just be patient. In the meantime don't be afraid to check out the newest Beta patches, which can be found in the Beta forums, or announced on Armaholic.com. I've they've fixed quite a few things performance wise in the last three days alone that makes them worth the download from the standard 1.04 patch.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

i havnt tried to play this game in a week becuase of crashing problems today i see the new beta patch supposedly fixes the memory issue so i install and try to play and it wont show me any servers :(

It's not beta related, I can't get a server list on vanilla 1.04 either, so I'm assuming the master gamespy server is borked again.

I have a similar intermittent problem when connecting to multiplayer servers. Sometimes I can connect cleanly and fine, other times (~70%) the Roles window is empty and the other player names (and pings) are greyed out. If I click OK, then I just see "Receiving Mission File (0Kb/0Kb) and there it sits.

I can escape out back to the server browser, but it is very odd why it happens sometimes and not at all on other occasions.

I don't think it can be a firewall issue, otherwise why would it only happen some of the time? Also, I can see that my ADSL connection is stable over the periods in which it happens.

Does anyone have a solution for the "lost sesion / kicked off/banned -problem? Bohemia, could you please start helping you paying customers?

This is the answer i got from BIS earlier... thnx for the support Bulemia Interactive :P

So they are supposed to know you have a bullocks router?

There's probably a trillion things that could cause networking issues.

Accept an honest answer when you get one.

But good you have your problem solved. (btw you did try to simply restart the router and all connected devices did you?)

I have a linksys router, all my home network is setup with fixd ip's, dmz is on towards my ip, so it's not my router....

did router resets, and so on....

reinstalled the game several times + registry cleaning....

redownload patch 1.05...

redownloaded the game through sprocket, 5gb off my monthly limit....

i keep on getting errors at the end of the patching process, refering to rocks pbo, wheeld.pbo, weapons.pbo... so i suspect there's the problem

I did ran fine under 1.04.

So i blame BIS because none of my other games (lockon, blackshark, arma 1, MW2, il2 1946, lfs, empire total war, rainbow six vegas, half life 2, bf2, bf2142, and some more) do not cause me ANY problems....

I have a 'recieving data' stuck on any server I try to join and since I bought Arma 2 OA I couldnt play a single multiplayer game , the problam is not with my internet or router becouse I didnt have it on any other multiplayer .

Its a shame I bought a game and I can't play it and nobody cares (BIS) and I am not the only one with this problam till today .

Its just make you not buy any single game from them.

Seriously buddy, do you normally call in somewhere abuse them then ask for help ?

You say it isnt your router, I think you should check that again buddy, and also your firewall, NOT all multiplayer games are the same and some need a little tweaking sometimes, check your port forwarding, check you are patched up, check your firewall is not blocking Arma.... IM guessing that some of the other guys here will be able to help you out much better than me, but first, Try being nice, then if you dont get any joy, you can kick and stamp your feet all you like.

Seriously buddy, do you normally call in somewhere abuse them then ask for help ?

You say it isnt your router, I think you should check that again buddy, and also your firewall, NOT all multiplayer games are the same and some need a little tweaking sometimes, check your port forwarding, check you are patched up, check your firewall is not blocking Arma.... IM guessing that some of the other guys here will be able to help you out much better than me, but first, Try being nice, then if you dont get any joy, you can kick and stamp your feet all you like.

Check if my firewall blocking arma ? yes its blocking arma and I dont want to let it go . Its not that I have checked it already , its some sort of a bug in the game.

Well others mentioned multiplayer problems and I've heard that the beta patch helped them or atleast that it works after a few tries. Anyhow, I've been trying more than just a few times in the past days and so far I've not been able to join even 1 multiplayer game.

My situation is as follows:

1. Router

- Demilitarized Zone is active so traffic should pass trough just fine

- Port 2303 is forwarded (just to be sure)

2. Serverbrowser

- seems to work just fine

3. Joining

- now this is where the trouble starts:

3.1 Connecting

- fine so far, status shows the message "Tajin connected"

3.2 Joining the mission

- after connecting the screen where we usually select our roles for the mission is shown. That screen is empty though. No Missionname, no Slots, no players. Basically just 2 buttons "disconnect" and "ok".

- "disconnect" works just fine xD

- "ok" I suddenly get to see the list of players on the right side, all names in gray. Also an slot becomes visible but its always only 1 slot and I cant select it since ArmA tells me it is already recieving mission data. Well it is receiving 0kb of 0kb total to be precise.

- In other words, this is as far as I get.

I've tried a few things and one thing that is suspicious to me is that the folder where ArmA2 stores its userprofiles and settings is always set to "read-only" even when I change this. Could it be that the game prevents itself from saving data here ?

Please shed some light on this. I mean, the campaign is quite nice but multiplayer basically is what I bought this game for, so I'd be glad if I could actually use it. :rolleyes:

I had 100% same problem. Try this:

1/ uninstall actual network hardware and driver too (in my Case - Realtek Net adapter and "stock" Microsoft driver)

2/ download new software/driver from producer

3/ of course, install new driver :bounce3:

I was trying port forwarding, DMZ enabling/disabling, NAT "magic", upnp things...nothing works...butt new/no microsoft driver for my network device fix this bothersome problem. (Sorry for my english :))