Sign in to follow this  
koroush47

Why can't I realese my mission? It won't save? It is finsihed... help?

I made a mission (my first) and i saved it as a singleplyer mission when it asked... but when i go to the singleplayer menu and click on my missions.... nothing is there..

Where is my mission that i made? Why can't i play it??

The same problem I had with v1.0 - by default there is no SP Missions folder where your exported mission is stored at.

Go into your ArmA2 installation folder and in there create 2 folders called "Missions" and "MPMissions". Then go into the editor and export the mission again.

The same problem I had with v1.0 - by default there is no SP Missions folder where your exported mission is stored at.

Go into your ArmA2 installation folder and in there create 2 folders called "Missions" and "MPMissions". Then go into the editor and export the mission again.

Oh thanks! :)

I will release this crappy mission soon :)

Install Patch 1.01Beta is more recommended. It auto creates the folders, AND you're playing a more patched game ;)

I will release this crappy mission soon :)

hmmm.....if it is really your first one, so you shouldnt release it actually (thats my opinion). The reason is that too many missions will be released unfinished or created by new Community members who dont have any expirience in editing a mission. We already had thousands of "crappy" Missions released since the times of OFP. It would actually not a quite good thing to get these old days back.

If I can give you an advice so play the Mission (if it is a MP Mission) with your friends or if it is a Singleplayer Mission, so share with your friends and expect their reactions. If they like them so contact some more expirienced Com members and ask them for testing the mission or better, become your mission evaluated.

Additionally you´d take a look right in the Editing Guide (written by Mr-Murray) which you can find in my sig. But notice that the content is related to ArmA1 and is not updated yet to ArmA2. But this is still a Work in progress.