Sign in to follow this  
Dancer

Arma 2 & Vista, not working for me at all

Hi there,

just bought and installed Arma2 (German version) on a Vista 32bit. Made sure to update my video drivers, directx, etc. before. Install went without problems. But when I start Arma2 I get the simple popup from Vista that "Arma2 is not working anymore" (as if it ever did :) ), no more error specifications whatsoever.

I tried restarting the computer, then reinstalling the game. No luck. After that I found the beta patch 1.01 on arma2.com and installed that. No luck either.

Anybody with similar experiences or maybe even a hint?

Thanks!

It works fine on my Vista32 SP2 System, so i think it's not Vista itself that causes it.

My brother had a similar error and had to disable Virtual (like from Alcohol or Daemon Tools Software) DVD-Drives, after that it worked perfectly. He has Vista32 SP1.

It seems that the SecuRom version has issues with external drives. I read in another Forum that someone had Problems due to an external DVD-Drive and hat to unplug it.

Maybe you could search in that direction or try WinXP Compatibility Mode?

Edited by Yankee66
Added compat. Mode hint

Thanks, Yankee66, I didnt find a virtual DVD drive in first place (at least not one with a drive letter), but I did find an entry named "Roxio Dvd-Rom Emulator Scsi CdRom Device" in the dvd/cd-section of my device manager. Whenever I uninstall it and reboot the computer, it reappears, so maybe this has to do with the problem.

I ll figure out how to get rid of it and then retry arma2.

Thanks for the hint!

me 2. and again: punished for buying the original game. it's the same s**** that happened with arma.

good job, bi!

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

On a sidenote: The "fucking cd check" works perfectly fine here. No problems at all and I start the game several times per day.

Presuming we have the same version (as there is only one yet) it's most probably something else.

Generally it works even under Windows 7 Beta x64. But the problems are the same here. The CTD's are real bugs and can never be a result of wrong settings. Nevertheless I'm hopeful :).

Edited by Steinfisch

HAHAHA.

After not being able to come back as Bohemia Intercraptive decided to shut down the support forums of a technically totally underdeveloped game during release time (how ignorant do you have to be?), I was forced to try something "different". I naturally own an original copy of the game and won't go into detail for sure here, but one thing was obvious:

W0lle, you have no clue about what you are talking as it *IS* the CD check.

So: well done, BI! Another example on how you f* up legal customers that are stuck with a copy protection problem while the bad guys are playing without any problems. This industry is simply retarded and is digging its own grave.

Thanks for the help anyways, guys.

if u have info fo rppl, send it via PM or ask/offer email/msn change then do it. :) something which gets done alot but b hind everything, for example i was helped by the main man in a game forum to obtain an easy fix to a problem on a game that was old, but played well on old pc's but not new. also, if u remember arma 1, u had to use disk in drive, but after certain patch, maybe 1.08 they changed it so u didnt need disk any more, so maybe when its released to every 1, they will do same with arma 2, but do some thorough research into possible reasons also, dont just take some ones word for it, wot helped them may make it worse for u

HAHAHA.

After not being able to come back as Bohemia Intercraptive decided to shut down the support forums of a technically totally underdeveloped game during release time (how ignorant do you have to be?), I was forced to try something "different". I naturally own an original copy of the game and won't go into detail for sure here, but one thing was obvious:

So: well done, BI! Another example on how you f* up legal customers that are stuck with a copy protection problem while the bad guys are playing without any problems. This industry is simply retarded and is digging its own grave.

And you obviously don't understand that it *IS* a matter of the publisher/distributor and not the developer. So go and play CoD or BF2 or whatever ... :bitch:

I'll tel lyou guys this: It's most likely YOUR computer, NOT THE GAME! As it is working fine for hundreds(Maybe thousands already)of people in different setups and OS's. SO don't blame BI.

So: well done, BI! Another example on how you f* up legal customers that are stuck with a copy protection problem while the bad guys are playing without any problems.

Actually, warez kiddies are playing with FADE.

HAHAHA.

No, your dell computer just sucks and you are blaimin it on the game.

Don't blame the game blame the player.

Wow there are some loyal fans for Arma 2! :P

customer that bought and didn't like - "this game sucks"

customer that bought and touched themselves to Arma 2 - "you suck! I love Arma 2 as much as I love my mothers basement!" (also the place where Arma 2 was made)

Dancer's obviously just trying to stir trouble and obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, that said, there are some problems people are having so let's use the troubleshooting forums to... troubleshoot.

First thing to try. Disable (and remove) all virtual drive software (Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, etc) and any cloaking programs as well (Yasu, etc) then try a reboot and reinstall.

If it still doesn't work, goto the Securom website and check solutions there, you should probably also contact Securom to put in a ticket, as bad as Securom can be, their customer service is actually rather good.

On a side note, you mentioned you bought the German version, just to check about where you bought it from (online, shop, which site, etc) to see if any other similar issues have come up from the same purchase location.

if you`ve got a spare hard drive . download windows 7 and try it on that