Sign in to follow this  
Rebel@heart

Custom faces/squad.xml - how to do it in ArmA2?

the xml works fine i think, i can see all the squad info pressing P, the problem is the logo, the picture doesnt show !! anywhere !
I dont think we can anymore only on the excepting vehicles and camo in game. Mine works just fine.

Hi, hey, do the custom faces that i did for the ArmA work on the ArmA2?. Let's C ya

I dont think we can anymore only on the excepting vehicles and camo in game. Mine works just fine.

I can see the (.paa) logo from the squad xml in the squad info just fine.

Hi, hey, do the custom faces that i did for the ArmA work on the ArmA2?. Let's C ya
Yes thank you

but i cant use my own image ?

yes you can just upload it to my forum and ill add it just read the rules first to make my life easy

Edited by armatech

Hey all,

Has anyone managed to get the XML fully working? I've got the actual XML working fine but, the PAA will not show ingame... I've tried both JPG and PAA but neither will work... Both types of files are downloadable through my server so it can't have anything to do with ArmA2 not being able to download the logo to a temp folder.

Any ideas?

Hey all,

Has anyone managed to get the XML fully working? I've got the actual XML working fine but, the PAA will not show ingame... I've tried both JPG and PAA but neither will work... Both types of files are downloadable through my server so it can't have anything to do with ArmA2 not being able to download the logo to a temp folder.

Any ideas?

Same problem. I've tried jpg and paa, including the test logo included with the scripting software linked to by the wiki. I've tried different web hosts also with no effect.

Only the picture isn't showing.

I'm open to ideas.

P

I Press P and no picture seen, mine or others. others on server can see mine and there own when Pressing P ????? got me stuffed:confused:

I can only assume it's another bug. Too many people have encountered this problem for it simply to be something we've all missed. It's not that complicated after all.

P

Im getting exactly the same problem seems to work fine every where apart from in ARMA 2:( any one figured out why yet?

In the end I had to manually save the logo in the C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\squads\YOURSQUAD folder and tick the Read-only box to get the logo to work.

I guess it's another bug :j:

P

Save the file you want to use as a .TGA, then open up TexView2 and save it as .PAA. That should work.

I'm having trouble with squad xml too but not the usual problems.

Our logo is showing fine on website http://www.tacteam.org/arma2/squad.xml

Its showing fine on our vehicles

Its just not showing in the individual player details (p menu)

Any ideas?

image is logo.paa

Anyone in doubt what vehicle to use to check your Logo in OA, the following I have tested.

Easy Way to check BTW is to create your MP game and password it, then use the edit option to place a unit to check. Remember the Logo will only show up if you are in the vehicle. I also found LOD problems if you use a smaller size than 256x256 and your logo will only show up when zoomed in, this was with an alpha channeled logo.

All of the OA US faction Aircraft with exception of the CH47 show your logo, the best to view it is the C130J as it will have a massive one on either side of the tail. The UAV is the hardest to see because of the view restrictions and you will have to do some silly flying in order to see them, but they are still there.

The US Vehicles that have are the Strykers (at least the ones that you can use in the editor) and the Rocket Artillery Vehicle, can't remember it's name off hand.

You will find that the majority of vehicles from previous ARMA incarnation will support Logos and anything completely new will not.

Please BIS, patch them all in. :)

Would also be nice to have them supported from your game profile folder instead of all the rigmarole of getting them on the web, coupled with the ball busting exercise it is to produce an alpha channeled logo and constantly test it in game till it is right.

Edited by Liquidpinky

http://sh2.armatechsquad.com/ for the win, nice and easy to use.

Already joined yesterday, could you imagine the fun though considering I had to re-upload my logo over 20 times during testing to get it looking right. I would have been your favourite person indeed. ;)

If you do get that file uploader that the punter can use it would be perfect BTW, and I would have used it instead of the current method which was a complete piss about.

Like I said, why not support logos and squad xml from the profile folder. Would maybe increase the load from more logo's being used in a game, but it would also make life simpler.

Ive never had a problem using armatech, all my xmls have been perfect.