Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Alamo

is absolutely amazing!

First I used the fences to create lots of chokepoints. I left a few gaps here and there, which I filled out with mines.

I used all those trucks to block off the road to the right and left at the first junction. Then I placed 3 satchel charges underneath the trucks and in the middle of the road.

Then I repaired the Shilka, and took up an AT4 missile. I made 3 of my squad man the BMP. Then I radioed back for the fun to start.

1st wave: M1A1. Just as it drives by the first junction, I detonate the 3 charges. The thing blows up immediately, 2 crewmen survive, quickly killed by the BMP. I know jump into Shilka as gunner.

2nd wave: 4 M60's. I think they split up before entering town. 2 went all the way around the right, 2 around the left. The one's that went around the right (if looking towards SOUTH) were quickly disposed off using the mad Shilka gun. In the meanwhile, I sent my BMP and the two others after the other two M60's. BMP and one guy got killed very quickly. I called the other guy back and made him jump into the Shilka as Commander. Then I hear one M60 blowing up on a mine! Oh yeah! The remaining one comes around, again quickly disposed by Shilka cannon.

3rd wave: Parachuters and 2 M113's. I decide to leave the chopper alone, regard it as a waste of ammo. Eventually, the first M113 drives into my sights. I drown it in a hail of bullets, it explodes. Squad jumps out, I keep shooting, they all die. 2nd M113 releases its squad, they come around the corner, but all die one-by-one. M113 comes around, I kill that too. Music starts playing, even more soldiers run in front of my sights. The paras?

4th wave: 4 M60's. They don't come though. I jump out of the Shilka, and run to the southern end of town. I'm being sniped at from the junction where the M1A1 blew up, but I ignore them. I spot an M60 and kill it with my AT4. Quickly back to Shilka, expecting them to come. Nope. Climb out again, crawl along the houses on the southern end again. Spot a crewman and a Black Op day. Kill them both, I take the MP5 and a satchel charge. I spot the 3 remaining tanks, all facing the town more or less. I crawl around, approach them from behind. I sneak up and lay down the charge underneath the nearest tank. Back to the Shilka, detonate the charge, expect American onslaught. But nope, nothing. Pissed off now, I load myself up with 4 charges, crawl all the way around again. Spot the 2 tanks plus 3 crewman. I shoot 2 from a distance with the MP5. Tanks get nervous but settle down eventually. 1 crewman still alive, scanning the horizon to the north. I sneak up to both tanks, lay 2 charges underneath of each. Crewman doesn't spot me. I make it back to the Shilka, detonate the charges. Radio comes in, 2 M1A1 platoons coming in! Me and mate out of Shilka, run towards evac point. On our way, we get ambushed by 3 or 4 Americans. We share the kills, then continue running towards evac. Mi-17 already waiting there. I reach it, turn around to see where my mate is, only to see him getting blown to pieces by the tank's machine gun. I jump into the chopper and make it away safely.

----

That is one kick-arse mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone managed to kill the 2 M1 platoons as well?

Yeah, its a great mission and its realy different but has a realistic plot.

The only problem I have is that I put 2 men in the BMP turret and they dont target anything but the men I put in the shilka do, what can I do to make them do some work?

The infantry which should aid you in this mission is pretty  useless in my eyes. Anyone ever told a AI soldier to shoot through a window from inside a house?  confused.gif

BTW is it possible to shoot a rocket through a window?  wow.gif

I never tried to do so... Am I a coward?  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 07 2002,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The infantry which should aid you in this mission is pretty  useless in my eyes. Anyone ever told a AI soldier to shoot through a window from inside a house?   confused.gif

BTW is it possible to shoot a rocket through a window?  wow.gif

I never tried to do so... Am I a coward?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Done it a few times, just be careful about it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 07 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Done it a few times, just be careful about it<span id='postcolor'>

LOL that reminds me of an MP game last night, ArmourDave, Hilandor and myself were playing "The Beach" coop mission, Hilandor and I were pinned down by a MG nest, we were hiding behind a burnt out BMP, I switched to LAW to take out the MG Nest, didn't want to show too much of my body so thought I'd got the LAW aimed right, fired, and the LAW went straight into the BMP we were hiding behind killing both Hilandor and myself LMAO tounge.gif

LOL woohoo biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I had almost the same when playing coop with my brother. I had LAW to blow up tank, when he was right behind me. I moved the mouse to the left, and the mouse button hit the keyboard..... BOOOOOOOOOOM. I fired against a house smile.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 08 2002,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL woohoo  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I had almost the same when playing coop with my brother. I had LAW to blow up tank, when he was right behind me. I moved the mouse to the left, and the mouse button hit the keyboard..... BOOOOOOOOOOM. I fired against a house  smile.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's more fun than AI doing it to you, like if you're hiding behind an enemy vehicle and they suddenly take a dislike to it and start firing LAWS at it. The other instance is where AI gets it completely wrong and fires it into the ground in front of him.

This was a really interesting mission.

I did most of what was said earlier, cept that after I disabled the M1A1 using a satchel charge, I drove the repair truck right up to it and had the thing repaired. Viola! Massive firepower and heavy armour... All for the cost of one satchel charge. Good riddance to the M60s.

Of course, I had to evacuate when the other 4 M1s came charging.

DF

K, here's my version:

Setup:

First I repair the shilka, put the two AT soldiers in it. The I use fences to TOTALLY block of the city from tanks, except a small gate on the northern road. Now, fences cant cover all that, neither cant the trucks, but we have some fine wrecks and and working BMP, so why not push them around a little until they actually block something?

The 3 ammo crates: one goes in a corner of the junction, the two others further north on each side of the road and in good cover.

Now the mines, they go in two nice lines along the each side of the road going east. The a satchel 50 meters down on the southern road.

The two AT soldiers were already placed in the shilka, but what about the three spetz natz? Two goes in the bushes along the main north-south road. The last one covers the patch of trees just east from the bushes between two buildings.

Lastly I park the BMP on the north side.

1st Wave:

M1A1 turns in on the main road and gets blown up by the satchel in the same instant.

2nd Wave:

The Pattons comes in and they all go around the eastern side. Remember the mines? Two of them drove over one, the two others fell to my awesome AT4 skillz. My spetz natz buddies dealt with the foolish crewmen trying to get into the city.

3rd Wave:

I load the lone spetz from the eastern side of the city as gunner in the BMP, myself as driver. Rushing to the south side I launch a missile at the first APC and blast the second with a HEAT. Rushing around the eastern side, I nail the black ops who parachuted down, while listening to the shilka as it deals with the ones on the other side. When they're gone I get out along my gunner. After ordering the AT soldiers to abandon the shilka, I send everyone to safety behind the northern-most building.

The rest was just watching the new Pattons drive through the rest of my minefield and then sending AT4s against the survivors.

Chopper comes in. While legging it there, I order my squad in. As I haul my ass in, I hear the first shells being fired, but none hits the chopper, which is now flying me and my team outta there.

No casulties, lots of kills...

Alamo is a mission I went holy shit this is what it's all about. I completed it after so many tries I could not count. This was a while ago...(I got stuck on IL2-Sturmovick). I used the trucks as road blocks and sealed myself in with fences. I laid mines where I had seen the first bunch come in around. I hid the bmp for safe keeping in the house backyard.Ready for the last wave.I set my law dudes up main behind the fence I put there to do what they could. I put a mine by where the tank comes when you seal the end of the road with the trucks. It saves your Shilka...The reast is fly by the seat of your ginch and hope ya get a break.

Awesome mission...I had to reinstall ofp due to a sound mod I installed which worked great for 1.42 and when I updated to 1.46....Disaster...Beware of that all.So I have not started over on my Campaigns yet again but I agree one of the best missions I have seen so far.Period

Rossco (Powerhour)

I'm at that mission right now! My GOD what a great mission, probbably my favourite of all time, so many ways to complete it.

Please BIS! Make more like this!

Also please all you mission builders make some like it too!

I'd make some as well but...erm...I'm washing my hair tonight...yeah

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Foonslice @ July 23 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please BIS! Make more like this!<span id='postcolor'>

Red Hammer was made by CM not Bis.

I did something a bit like DragonFire, but even more fun........ disable the M1 and repair it......the key is, stay next to the repair truck.......whenever you take damage, just keep clicking repair over and over again smile.gif

Basically you can sit there in a invincible M1 for the length of the round

Fun times.

I don't know... Using an invincible tank seems a bit like cheating to me. I like the desperation of scrambling about grabbing weapons wherever possible while waves of tanks are trying to get into the town, setting off land mines while you're digging around in an ammo crate trying to re-arm your AT launcher. The mission was a great adrenalin rush.

For me, Alamo is simply the best mission i played in OFP and Redhammer campaigns, kudos to codemaster scripters for this one.

I really like this small RTS-like feature in the mission start to deploy some defenses in a town in location you choose.

And the immersion feeling is very good in Alamo, there is a lot of things to do.

Once I put an AT mine right in front of a tank that I wanted to blow up.

The AT mine went off and killed us both. I guess it goes by range and not contact.

And why aren't there any AP mines? biggrin.gif

In Alamo are you supposed to stop the tanks entering the city, I had destroyed all tanks including the last wave of

M1A1's but still recieved 1 star though 27000 rather points.

Only just bought the game GOTY edition 1.91, haven't seen a Blackhawk either.

Just wondering whoever made Red Hammer could they fix Alamo & Rage missions so that there's a score.

As is there is no min,avg or max score allocated to them, thats why you recieve a nil score. The rest seem fine.

on the campaign menu click on the mission it'll show your kills as well as a score, I think the highest is 4.

on the campaign menu click on the mission it'll show your kills as well as a score, I think the highest is 4.

What version is that in?

Derek