Sign in to follow this  
TacticalMonkey

more pistols?

The weapons from Ofp resistance should be made for Arma 2 like the S&W and Mac-10 and Tokarev and Scorpion :)

Ah the memories of S&W sniping :D

pistols are used very little in Arma and ofp games but when they are it can be really sweet, Loved the sounds of the M9 beretta in Arma 1 actually :)

I expect some extra weapons in patches anyway, maybe once ArmA2 is released and comes to a point where extra content will be added in patches we can make some requests. Though the only thing i want is a kozlice. :D

Edited by NeMeSiS

Hi, revolvers like .32, .38 and .38SPC are very used arround the world by cops, gangstas

and civilian sport shooters, bigger calibers like .44 Magnum or .357 Magnum are more used

by military units for it's piercing power, stopping power and realiability.

The Marines use in their arsenal weapons like the SIG-P226T and a weird .45ACP silenced

pistol from the Nam era that i don't remember it's name; but still in use. Weapons like damn

Desert Eagles, Mk.23s, MAC-11s, Claridge Hi-Techs and Calicos don't make much sense as

they aren't used by military forces than some (freak) PMCs. About the eastern sides...

i think that they should use something modern than 1933 guns (the Tokarevs or Makarovs)

things like GSH-18s, Viking-446 or even just some german pistols used by booth military

forces aswell as law enforcement and SRT units, like Walther P88, Walther P99, Glock 17,

Glock 21, or hell yeah, the damn H&K USP-T. For example, in the spanish armed forces,

we've 3 service pistols and 2 revolvers; have so few side weapons for each side in terms

of realism just don't makes sense. Representing the year 2011 with 1930s or 1940s pistols

is stupid, is like as with the shotguns; the russians use R870 look alike shotguns and rightnow

the Marines keep using the R870s and the Mossberg S590, but, instead... we just get 1

shotgun for each side; is pointless. And it's ready too late for cry for any last minute addition,

that most likely will have some problem due to the leak of time for "new comers". Let's C ya

what im saying is have it so i can use the USP in all the servers i go onto so the server doesnt need the addon so i can use it

Even if BIS were to put everyone's favourite weapon into the game, there's no guarantee that when you play a multiplayer game that you will get to use it. This isn't CS where you buy your favourite gun at the start of the round - most of the time in ArmA/OFP you are a basic grunt with an M4 (or AK) and a few grenades. The amount of soldier types who have pistols is quite limited. Furthermore, there's no guarantee that you will be able to find one on the map (I assume something like the USP would be kept for Special Forces) and nobody is going to leave around boxes of 'OMG-1337' guns just for you to pick up.

In fact, it doesn't matter if you have a really cool gun, because in ArmA/OFP it's all teamwork and tactics and the like. A bullet to the head from a USP is going to kill someone no quicker than a bullet from a Makarov or Beretta. And pistols are really useless anyway, except maybe for indoors fighting.

So what it boils down to is that BIS have decided that none of the factions in the game are likely to have this gun. So they didn't make it. Simple. If it's so difficult to incorporate 3rd-party addons into multiplayer, I suggest BIS look into that rather than wasting their time making weapons that 95% of people won't use outside of the Mission Editor using Desert Island or whatever equivalent of Desert Island they give us...

Have you completely forgotten the civilian, criminal and law enforcement aspect? OFP's missions are varied because the game has so many out-of-box weapons such as automatic pistols, S&W, Kozlice, FAL, Steyr and so on.

All these weapons were included in expansion packs or patches, none came with the original game. :)

What I would be more interested in, is better incorporation of the current pistols. We have already seen on screens that there may be a new "relaxed" pose for pistol(like the pose you get when you press ctrl twice with a rifle in Arma, and thats a good thing).

But I would also like to be able to holster the pistol using the action menu. Officers and pilots do not go around on the base with their pistols un-holstered.

Hi, yeah, that "John Wayne walking style" that we've in ArmA is really bad, some more anims

or just more realistic and relaxed ones for walk without the gun on the hands, also will be

pimp if the crouch aiming with the pistol where a much lower, offeeing a smaller silouette.

But also will be pimp if you could have more relaxed anims when unarmed and if you could

crouch unarmed; instead choose between A) Stand up like a man. B) Crawl like a rat. Let's C ya

Im 50/50 here, i understand that the current animation is the right stance for holding a handgun. However a more relaxed pose and less wobble when walking and looking through the ironsights would be welcome.

Im no pro in holding a handgun, however i feel that its possible to hold a handgun steadier whilst walking, i ran out of ammo before and switched to secondary and it felt like i was aiming whilst hopping on one foot.

Why doesn't 1911 have a silencer?

Silenced 1911 please. We want to be agent 47 Hitmans.

Go bald instead.

Yeah I'm planning to.

Still need the 1911 silencers thou.

Overrated gun for cowboys :-)

13 year old cowboys at that...

Overrated gun for cowboys :-)

I would rather like to see some decent Sig Sauers.

And your fetish is somehow better? At least the Dessie would be something different.

Well, at least there are actually armies that use Sigs.

Well, at least there are actually armies that use Sigs.

Yes, I'm sure that USA, Russia and the factions of Chernarus use Sigs. Afterall, the game needs more 9mm handguns that nobody could tell apart from each other. Really, in my opinion the game needs a diverse collection of guns and no matter how many games already have their own Desert Eagle, A2 doesn't have it. A .50 cal handgun would indeed be something different just like an automatic pistol or a revolver.

Yes, I'm sure that USA, Russia and the factions of Chernarus use Sigs.

Right back at you with the Desert Eagle. At least the Americans actually use them :)

Afterall, the game needs more 9mm handguns that nobody could tell apart from each other. Really, in my opinion the game needs a diverse collection of guns

Must be some reason why there are so many different ones in real life. Maybe you should write an angry letter to FN, H&K et al.

This goes back to something I said earlier - in a game like ArmA, the weapons themselves are kinda inconsequential, it's how they are used. So the ones that get made for the game should be representative of the sort of guns that would actually get used by the corresponding armies in real life. Issues of practicality aside, you're not going to find many armies or Eastern block terrorist groups that run around with a pistol that's the price of a dozen AK-47s. Yeah, there should be variety, but it should be intelligent variety, not just throwing in the Desert Eagle because 12 year olds think it's cool.

We can't just give a faction random SMGs and Handguns. Most Armed Forces, even Special Forces have only a few. If anything, I'd give the insurgents many different guns, but in small amounts, because arms dealers can sell any gun. Maybe Chernarus could be like Iraq, where hey still have old weapons, and weapons bought from USA.

M1911 would be nice, perhaps the USP .45 for some