Sign in to follow this  
REXinator

ArmA 2 18+ Rating in Australia?

If it does get one then it cannot be sold in Australia because there is no R18 rating and any games worth getting that rating so are either dumbed down (violence/Swearing) or not released.

SO will it be released in Australia dumbed down and given a MA 15+ rating and i can stop worrying or have to download from alternate source :j:

Please be nice i hear this forum tis far more Aggressive than... Others ;)

Well, it got a 16s rating in Germany (whose censorship laws are almost as mad as the Australians) so with any luck, you should be able to buy it.

BIS has an Australian subsidiary (for making VBS I think) so I would say that they'll try and make sure that they can sell their game in the Australian market. Just my 2c.

I think the famous 18+ cover we saw in march was a pre-rating thing. So with any luck, it should be business as usual with the 16 years limit.

ArmA 2, i would be very confident that it easily makes MA15+ again.

In all honesty Arma doesn't have any major gore, sex, drugs i think only in ACE, language is not bad at all.

Compared to games like GTAIV and FO3's gore, which all passed.

Oh and by the way our laws are much better then germany, have you ever played

half life or CS, there death animations are ridiculous just youtube it.

Well, except for a few titles (which contain 'inhuman' acts) you can still get most titles here in Germany (indiziert), its just not allowed to make advertisements, or offer them for sale publicly, or sell them without proper age check (which makes online sale almost impossible)...

But you were asking for australia, sry cant help with that... i just remember someone said (it was in 'Lets advertise Arma' thread) its not very well known/promoted in Australia either ...

Edited by PhilippRauch

:p C'mon now, there's only one of me, and I'm trying as hard as I can!

...the good news is that I've basically converted my cousin to the dark side.

:p C'mon now, there's only one of me, and I'm trying as hard as I can!

...the good news is that I've basically converted my cousin to the dark side.

Just went into local EB store today, notices ODP:DR pre release boxes there. So I asked the guy if he knew about ArmA2, explained a bit about it to him, and he said he will mention to the store manager as he is a huge OFP fan. Hopefully will convert him to the 'real' sequel.

I wonder if EB will be carrying it, when ArmA came out, it seemed quite well displayed on their shelves...

The unfortunate thing is in Australia it will only take one family/church group to realise "OMGZORZS, THEY'RE SELLING WAR SIMULATORS TO OUR KIDS!!" and it will get banned by the Government. It won't happen though because these people are still living in the 50's, so PC's haven't been invented yet :p.