Sign in to follow this  
mudlark

First playthrough -- what mods to use?

I'm about to play through Operation Flashpoint for the first time, goodness knows how long after it came out. I wondered what, in everyone's opinion, the most essential mods would be to bring the game as much up to date as possible? I'm not running on the most modern machine -- a Geforce Go 7400, for example -- so can't run Arma and the various sequels. But I reckon my card can handle textures, sounds and missions a bit heavier than the original. So, any ideas for a mid-level enhanced Flashpoint experience, on the level of 2004-5 era technology? All advice much appreciated as I'm really looking forward to playing the game.

Well try the un modded game first its quit good when you have tried that yu will have more of an idear of what you might want improved.

WW4 mod og ECP mod are good my favorites, they let you play the original campaign with out trouble.

STGN

FFUR made some awesome mods as well as GRAA 3.0 I would suggest those any day. Also WGL 5.2 has a TON of awesome missions as well

Kegetys' DXDLL improves the graphical quality a bit, otherwise I'd recommend running without mods to get the intended experience without changes in mission balance and nature of the game.

I would advise you to play an original OFP campaigns first without any mods. This will give you a clear view of this great game, as well as all it's features. Learn how to manage your squad properly, get familiar with basic combat tactics and strategy used in OFP gaming.

Welcome to OFP - a more than just a game! :thumbsup:

I concur with Saint Warrior. Play the game through just the way it is the first time around. I've always held it's a bad idea to play a game with mods right away, because then you can never really appreciate the difference.

If you use any mods on your first playthrough, I suggest the DXDLL graphics tweak and 'Hi-Sky' high-resolution skies, both by Kegetys. (Find them here) They make the game look nicer in a lot of subtle ways, but don't change gameplay at all.

ECP is an absolute must, it improves the gameplay without ruining it like some of the SLX infected mods (in my opinion).

Br Burns Island pack is also a must and retextures the islands and adds high res trees.

Im currently working on a modified version of the ECP mod, with an aim to keep the original gameplay yet improve the graphics. So far i have replaced, west, east, resistance soldiers, all weapons, sky, islands, buildings, trees - just civilians and vehicles to go (bit of a mission) keep an eye out on the forums in a couple of months!

• Like 1

Im currently working on a modified version of the ECP mod, with an aim to keep the original gameplay yet improve the graphics. So far i have replaced, west, east, resistance soldiers, all weapons, sky, islands, buildings, trees - just civilians and vehicles to go (bit of a mission) keep an eye out on the forums in a couple of months!

I am really looking forward to seeing your project! Sounds like EECP reborn, with the key difference that this is on the way to completion!:yay:

Thanks Anguis, will upload it as soon as its complete (hopefully in a couple of months)

For me 989 MB download is not possible.can you provide it in parts or fragments,

Patch 1.96 and ECP. This only alters environmental elements and helps with realism. Game still remains essentially core to original form re commands and game play. Have Fun:D

For me 989 MB download is not possible.can you provide it in parts or fragments,

is this avalable in parts,i want to download.

Quoting your own post????

Come on dude...you get no extra points for maximum number of posts. :mad: