Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

dunno, best places to buy hardware depends on where you live.

dunno, best places to buy hardware depends on where you live.

well cheers, i can see about getting a cheap case from college maybe motherboard and cables, but parts i'll probably have to either buy online or wait until i go to leeds again considering the few IT shops in the countryside overcharge you, *sigh* sometimes i miss living in leeds... then i remember all the white teenagers trying to be stereotypical black people and then i become happy about living here.

I mean if you're in the united states you're probably not gonna buy on a german site.

I mean if you're in the united states you're probably not gonna buy on a german site.

British, plenty of chubby kids but not as many as america.

Hi I'm new here and just wanted to find out something before deciding to get the game. I've tried the Arma 2 Demo and it seems to run fairly nicely for me around 40 fps on medium, but i'm more interested in the Day-Z mod so if the demo runs nice for me will Day-z be the same?

Specs are:

Q6600 Quad Core 2.4ghz

4GB DDR2 Ram Corsair

GTX 550 Ti OC Edition

Hi I'm new here and just wanted to find out something before deciding to get the game. I've tried the Arma 2 Demo and it seems to run fairly nicely for me around 40 fps on medium, but i'm more interested in the Day-Z mod so if the demo runs nice for me will Day-z be the same?

Specs are:

Q6600 Quad Core 2.4ghz

4GB DDR2 Ram Corsair

GTX 550 Ti OC Edition

pretty much, dayz uses the operation arrowhead exe which has some settings higher by default, but there have been performance improvements with patches too, big chance it'll run better.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

British, plenty of chubby kids but not as many as america.

well, I'd just order every part online, always cheaper, + you dont have to get out of your seat so you can get more chubby.

pretty much, dayz uses the operation arrowhead exe which has some settings higher by default, but there have been performance improvements with patches too, big chance it'll run better.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

well, I'd just order every part online, always cheaper, + you dont have to get out of your seat so you can get more chubby.

lol thanks for the tip, though i'm actually too skinny... you know you're skinny when two different girlfriends say you either have a womanly figure, or that you'd be a great uke... (an uke is the "reciever" in a homosexual relationship)

gaining weight is hard >_>

hey I'm double checking if this CPU is good enough for Arma 2 (and the dayZ mod)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Sandybridge-Dual-Core-Processor-Warranty/dp/B004FA8NXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341911877&sr=8-2

and also this, if either will run the game ok can you let me know which would do so the best please.

http://eyecomputers.co.uk/intel-core-processor-p-1438.html

Edited by oOShinigamiOo

I wouldn't get the i3, it's quite expensive and doest perform as well as the quads. there's cheaper cpu's that peform better, as well as those that perform a bit less but cost 1/3

That i5 (3570K) is about the fastest gaming cpu available, but that shop probably made a mistake pricing it, never seen them nearly as cheap. guess they're out of stock for a reason. If it's a reliable shop might as wel order one, see if you get lucky :P, but I doubt it.

I wouldn't get the i3, it's quite expensive and doest perform as well as the quads. there's cheaper cpu's that peform better, as well as those that perform a bit less but cost 1/3

That i5 (3570K) is about the fastest gaming cpu available, but that shop probably made a mistake pricing it, never seen them nearly as cheap. guess they're out of stock for a reason. If it's a reliable shop might as wel order one, see if you get lucky :P, but I doubt it.

well it was linked on amazon but i'll check it out first, see if it's legit. on the bright side i currently have under £300 in my account so if it's not legit atleast i'm not losing that much. the best thing about being 17 year old student.

Not to be a pain but when it comes to PC I'm not that tech savvy. Instead of writing out specs (which all looks the same to me, for all I know GPU = CPU etc...) could someone recommend a new budget (sub 1000/900 USD) that could comfortably run Arma III (again this will be estimate) with a good FPS at medium-low settings?

edit - Any help would be much appreciated :)

Not to be a pain but when it comes to PC I'm not that tech savvy. Instead of writing out specs (which all looks the same to me, for all I know GPU = CPU etc...) could someone recommend a new budget (sub 1000/900 USD) that could comfortably run Arma III (again this will be estimate) with a good FPS at medium-low settings?

CPU - i5

Hdd - ssd

GPU - The most expensive your budget can get

ram - 6-8GB depending on motherboard

os - WIN7 64bit

You should be good with these setting

will i need a certain motherboard (obviously one with LGA1155 socket) but is there a certain bunch i should pick from or is one with LGA1155 and DDR3 ram ports good enough?

will i need a certain motherboard (obviously one with LGA1155 socket) but is there a certain bunch i should pick from or is one with LGA1155 and DDR3 ram ports good enough?

If you just want to build and run almost any board will do, look on the manufacturers website if the board suppports the cpu. Some might not support quads or ivy's if it's an old board. All 1155 boards are DDR3 by the way, core i series cpu's only use ddr3.

If you want to overclock you'll want a Z77 board, Z68 and P67 overclock too. With Z77 and Z68 you have the option of adding a small ssd and use that to cache the most used files, getting you very high performance on an otherwise normal huge harddisk partition.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

somthing like

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

Intel Core i5 3570K

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile (or any other cheap dual channel 8GB 1.5V ddr3 kit, speed doesnt matter)

for the gpu any HD7850 will do the trick, it has great price/perf

any ATX case

sata harddrive

sata dvd drive (unless you can go without)

Corsair Builder CX500 V2 (or other 500W or more psu by a good brand)

maybe an aftermarket cpu cooler, the "scythe mine 2" is very cheap now, it's a monster with 140mm fan, make sure that it fits the case.

If you just want to build and run almost any board will do, look on the manufacturers website if the board suppports the cpu. Some might not support quads or ivy's if it's an old board. All 1155 boards are DDR3 by the way, core i series cpu's only use ddr3.

If you want to overclock you'll want a Z77 board, Z68 and P67 overclock too. With Z77 and Z68 you have the option of adding a small ssd and use that to cache the most used files, getting you very high performance on an otherwise normal huge harddisk partition.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

somthing like

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

Intel Core i5 3570K

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile (or any other cheap dual channel 8GB 1.5V ddr3 kit, speed doesnt matter)

for the gpu any HD7850 will do the trick, it has great price/perf

any ATX case

sata harddrive

sata dvd drive (unless you can go without)

Corsair Builder CX500 V2 (or other 500W or more psu by a good brand)

maybe an aftermarket cpu cooler, the "scythe mine 2" is very cheap now, it's a monster with 140mm fan, make sure that it fits the case.

cheers mate, i really wasn't sure with motherboards so any motherboard with LGA1155 will do, thanks.

edit: uhm, which GPU would go best with this mother board

First GPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-DirectCU-Graphics-Express-4840MHz/dp/B007OYS4R6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342025295&sr=8-2

Second GPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007JRGRPO/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Mother board: http://www.cclonline.com/product/78779/H61M-P31-G3-/Motherboards/MSI-H61M-P31-G3-Socket-1155-Motherboard/MBD0366/

although if theres any good GPU for a bit less that would be nice preferrably under £100

Edited by oOShinigamiOo

Hi all. I am looking to get this laptop and was wondering if it could run Arma: CO.

Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) - 3.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

6GB Memory DDR3 1333

2GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Moar info: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214876

I won't be expecting to play on high or anything crazy like that. Thanks.

Edited by pockyy

Hi all. I am looking to get this laptop and was wondering if it could run Arma: CO.

Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) - 3.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

6GB Memory DDR3 1333

2GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Moar info: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214876

I won't be expecting to play on high or anything crazy like that. Thanks.

cpu is pretty good for a laptop, gpu is a laptop gpu of course but it'll run it.

On page 836 of this topic there's a bunch of links to noteboockchecks page of that card.

That's great advice - for £90 you can't do better than a R6950.

See for yourself how it compares to other cards in Op Arrowhead:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/06/13/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-4gb-review/4

thanks

all in all i now have £60 left, still have hard drive (have an old 80GB that might work if theres not voltage issues) , CPU, heat sink, and network card (assuming the network card that was used in a motherboard which used a 1999 AMD athlon would work which i doubt not counting the voltage issues)

... i get paid soon so hopefully i'm covered.

Edited by oOShinigamiOo

thanks

all in all i now have £60 left, still have hard drive (have an old 80GB that might work if theres not voltage issues) , CPU, heat sink, and network card (assuming the network card that was used in a motherboard which used a 1999 AMD athlon would work which i doubt not counting the voltage issues)

you need a really fast hdd to play arma 2 smoothly, you get lag issue when going into big towns because the object is being loaded from the hdd. Getting a ssd will make the game really smooth.

hello all, ive been out of the pc building game for years but now im trying to build a new system to play arma 2 and expansions. ive been looking at various parts for a few weeks now and ive put together a list of sorts and any comments or suggestions would be awesome. so here goes.

-GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked

-EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 01G-P3-1556-KR Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5

-Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz (might double this up if it actually helps since its cheap)

still looking at a case, power supply and fans. also if anyone can give some input on a decent ssd to play it off of, as i know nothing of them.

thanks for any help.

thanks

motherboard might not have pata, so really old harddrives might not work.

as for network cards, you dont need them, all motherboards have gigabit ethernet. Heatsink usually comes with the cpu, unless you get a tray version. Anyway, so many people get aftermarket coolers you can get em for free in the unlikely case there's no cooler with the cpu.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

hello all, ive been out of the pc building game for years but now im trying to build a new system to play arma 2 and expansions. ive been looking at various parts for a few weeks now and ive put together a list of sorts and any comments or suggestions would be awesome. so here goes.

-GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked

-EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 01G-P3-1556-KR Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5

-Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz (might double this up if it actually helps since its cheap)

still looking at a case, power supply and fans. also if anyone can give some input on a decent ssd to play it off of, as i know nothing of them.

thanks for any help.

Gpu is a bit on the light side, maybe you can get a gtx560 for not much extra. case and psu depends on how much you're willing to spend, if you get an Antec P183 and a corsair AX series psu they could last you a decade. otherwise a corsair 500W and a cheap atx case will work just as well. As for fans get 120mm or up (if it fits the case) I'm a big fan of the scythe gentle typhoons. 1600 seem silent still, get some 1200rpm's and you shouldn't hear em, they have 800 and 500 rmp versions too. dont get the 4000rmp version, that's crazy.

the intel Z77 chipset boards have a ssd cacheing tech called SRT. works pretty well. you can just intall windows and all your programs and games on a decent 7200rpm 2TB sata drive, then use a 64GB ssd as cache, so stuff you use often is almost as fast as pure ssd. You can also get a bigger ssd and still use the cache, then the rest of the ssd is just a very fast data partition, you can install arma and other games there. Samsung 830 is a good choice I guess, crucial m4 is fine too.