Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

Thyria: sands of resistance.

should i release the next addons for OFP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. should i release the next addons for OFP?

• yes
    • no
    • you alone can choose (don't vote that lol)

thx dude, yes, I use also the VBCI as reference for the WTU APC ;) I like very much also the Vextra (excellent vehicle).

others reference used for the WTU APC: GTV colonel, and PARS 8x8 and also the swedish SEP. All these vehicles are great, I should maybe create a new faction, for to be able to use all these references. :p

The WTU armored car is inspired by the Shadow RSTV, and the heavy tank by the XM1202 :)

Edited by Sennacherib

MAT-35 textures WIP:

texprev2.th.jpg

more pictures: ----> http://3d-mod.over-blog.com/

what to do: list

the priority goes to the infantry. I'm going to use a Sanctuary's WW4 soldier to make the Thyrian soldier, because his models are great and I like very much his new animations.

Sorry, but my model has always weird animations, and i'm really tired with it.

And the second priority is the vehicles:

- new tanks, new IFV-APC, trucks, cars. :)

Very nice and professional work, D@nte.

Yes, animating soldiers is the most boring thing to do when the selections aren't perfectly fitting. Sanctuary resources is the best choice IMO.

ok, this is the basic pattern that i'm going to use for the thyrian soldier: what do you think about it?

dmeb.th.jpg

Yeah this looks good, quite natural, not synthetic looking and should blend in well to ofp's desert textures :)

I like the look of "city map"/ "print plate" like pattern although I think it would look good with some debth like 3 color desert where you have some parts lighter and some parts darker so the pattern dosen't stand out as much at distance. It also could be cool if you used a slight pinkis tone not like pink panther land rover but somthing along the way.

STGN

thx for the links, Steele ;)

@STGN, with the links given by Steele, I have an idea about what you mean. I'm going to try ;)

Hey D@nte, what calibur are you thinking of using for the SPAAG guns?

was just wondering as i need to considerit for she ejection effects ;)

something like the Leo SPAAG; if my memory is good: 35mm :)

btw, I have provided a location for the ejection on the vehicles, specially for your script ;)

cool, ta mate, just hope i can impliment it properly =)

np mate :)

well i added a poll because I want to know if people are interested by these addons for OFP.

if yes: i'm going to put the new addons in OFP

if no : i'm going to keep the addons for Arma2 or OFP2 (if it is great)

:)

btw the poll will be closed saturday

Edited by Sennacherib
typo error

as promised: the thyrian soldier still wip.

thx to Sanctuary who has created a great mod and share his job with the community.

gcs0001.th.jpg

gcs0003.th.jpg

gcs0004.th.jpg

gcs0005h.th.jpg

1 texture must be done, and the wounded textures.:)

Great looking infantry models :)

ok, i close the poll. i'm going to put the new addons in ofp. I wanted at least 4 persons interested by the project.:) btw thx for your interest;)

ok: the MAV-20 ARV (still wip). it needs some details, and i must finish the turret.

mav20arv.th.jpg

website also updated: http://3d-mod.over-blog.com/

btw, sorry for the aliasing in the picture. the occlusion map is not good, i made a mistake somewhere.:p

Nice work so far D@nte.

Everything has a "near future" kind of feel to it.Enough so,that

things have a familiar look,but still have their

own style.

It's a pity poor 'ol OFP can't render objects

so nicely.

Edited by Macser

yes thx ;), for the other army, I try to make the vehicles a little bit more different from each others and less familliar. Even if reference are from present day :)

Hi D@nte,

back in australia, and home with the family (so good to be home) To answer your email. yes but id make the MG a 14.5mm to give it abit more power.

Great progress on the soldiers too, cant wait for a release

Edited by Steele
add more

hi mate; glad to you see again ;)

ok, 14,5 mm is good a choice. :)

the soldiers are finished, they have individual markings (MG, AT, Medic, Officer, etc). the size of the textures are bigger than the original textures, and i had to add a new texture for the collar and an other for the new objects; because i don't use the BIS shitty system to put the textures.

And an other kind of soldier is almost finished. The lod for the new MAT-35 are almost finished, and i'm going to begin the texturing of the weapons, sorry, I have changed the uvmapping and added more details.

if someone is interested, i can release the soldiers. however, they would have the same weapons as the WTU soldiers. the thyrian weapons are not finished.

the old MAT-35 will be for the new kind of soldiers. it will be the only tank for this army.

now, the priority is the WTU heavy tank and at least 1 apc for the WTU army. Poor guys, they have only a medium tank (btw now, it has new textures and also some news objects/details).

Edited by Sennacherib
this is my thread, i do what i want, lol

WOW, great to here u've made so much progress, IMHO i'd like you to release the soldiers with the wtu weapons, it will facilitate alpha mission building for me ;)

ok, just the time to create the zip folders and find an host, and i would put a link ;)

done:

content:

resistance side:

- thyrian infantry

- armored vehicles (the new vehicles are not in this release. however, i removed the old tanks, and I added the Mat-35 (and the AA) (for the incoming volunteers army)

- ammocrates

west side:

- wtu infantry

- wtu medium tank (these tanks are not the final tanks, currently i change the textures + some objects)

thanks; to the community:

- sounds are from different addons

- 4 textures used are from other addons (nom-leo and LSR old rangers)

special thx:

- Steele, a good friend, and a guy who has always good ideas. And the more important thing,

he has not stopped supporting the project

- Mr Duck who gave me the agreement to modify his terran soldiers

- Sanctuary who has done an amazing mod.

ok the links:

T-SOR

54711df3c304fc865fb97d7dd8616996_thumb.jpg

8BHq7

T-SOR2

http://www.uploadmulti.com/download.php?uid=0LOGKGYF

http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gigaup.fr%2F%3Fg%3DS31RK7EA40&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

needed addon:

http://rapidshare.com/files/243173780/SWI_Panzerfaust.pbo.html

btw: you need to download the 2 folders :T-sor and T-sor2 .sorry i forgot to write that. the RHS-T80 is also needed.

Edited by Sennacherib

Have just dl'ed , will test and send some feed back ur way today ;)