Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

Thyria: sands of resistance.

should i release the next addons for OFP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. should i release the next addons for OFP?

• yes
    • no
    • you alone can choose (don't vote that lol)

Oh hey no problem, just ask me what you want to know, dunno, like if there is something of interest in Warhammer you want to search I tell you what it has...

Also just in case you dont know what Osprey is...

v22_osprey_2.jpg

And thats the V-22 Osprey... Modern helicopter it has the big back door I told you about with the previous multirole helo from Warhammer...

thx mate. I keep in mind these vehicles, the most difficile job will be to mix all the elements to create a futuristic vehicle.

btw feel free to give other ideas ;)

first beta of the Thyrian Blackops. Sorry I removed the texture of the shoes, it has a little problem, but don't worry the shoes have a basic texture.

feedbacks are welcome:

http://www.multiupload.com/01QMAAT7CE

tips: use the direct download from multiupload, the speed is bigger

:)

Very nice!

Although, they're too similar to the TF soldiers (the regular ones). And texture of packs - it doesn't look modern enough ;)

Also - Ghost sight is not textured, but I assume that you're aware of that.

PS. Could you update previous download links? Not all are still active.

Edited by krzychuzokecia

Ghost sight is not textured, but I assume that you're aware of that.

no :p, I didn't know. I didn't test the soldiers before the release. in fact, since my problems with my pc, I haven't spend any time on the scifi addons.

ok, I checked the weapon, and I don't have this problem. could you tell me the exact name of the weapon? thx

Edited by Sennacherib

Hey Im a bit confused for what you most current addons are...

Im mainly interested in the "Thyria" island, is the one posted here still youre newest one....?

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10779

EDIT: I also dont know which you mostuo-to-date infantry is. Is it the one posted on your homepage? Or is it the "black ops" one you posted a page ago? Because both include the same .pbo files, and while one is more recent, the other is much bigger...

Edited by Dean.F

could you tell me the exact name of the weapon? thx

FSL-16 with Alcen Ghost sight.

Looks like most of the stuff is in older .pbos, like WTU and Volunteers, probably textures for Ghost too. So, to answer mine and Dean's questions: playable version of mod is in older dls, while this is only test of black-ops, am I right?

let me, 1 day to upload the latest addons :)

but you can keep the soldiers released few days ago. they are not in the previous release.

the link for the thyria map is the good one. ;)

while this is only test of black-ops, am I right?

not exactly lol. as I wrote above, i'm going to release all the latest addons. I have also an IFV, the texturing is not finished (it was but I lost the files). do you want it? :)

Edited by Sennacherib

Again, many thanks. After some testing and comparing I find youre island is the one who looks the best on a todays perspectice.

There a many islands with much detail, but you cant deny OFP's trees and bushes havent aged well...But youre desert island, with scarse but well placed vegitation looks still nice today, especially if you enhace it a bit with the old dxdll addon for some blur. :D

ok, I ckecked all the weapons, the problem should be solved now. currently I upload the addons.

@Dean.F, thx mate. few minutes ago, I found a more recent map on a backup cd. do you want it? they are no big changes, 1 new base.

first post updated with the new dl links. I checked all the addons, if you find a problem, please reported it.

I won't update the addons for now. the project is not stopped, in fact I work currently on some new stuff, and I must redo some lost vehicles.

Edited by Sennacherib

Oh no need for you to upload the island, I think the one from ofp.gamepark.cz wil suffice :D I just did not want to download an extremly old version, but one missing base is ok.

Only thing you could do is add the link for your island in the first post, together with the ones for the Thyrian Army and WTU Troops. Either the one already on ofp.gamepark.cz or the one on your backup CD.

good idea ;) ok done. I added the link from ofp.gamepark.cz

Edited by Sennacherib

'Been dazed n' confused' ;)

Thanks for solving the problems, I'll report any bugs, I'd encounter.

Bugs found, and other things worth fixing:

- WTU grenadiers - no entry '.modelSpecial'

- different reticles in WTU Ghost sight and TF

- FSL-16 uses AM-7/62 30rd burst/auto mag while FSL-16 w/Ghost uses AM/7.6 45rd s/b/a mag (not interchangeable)

- FSL-14 AM/7.62 30rd s/b/a mags not interchangeable with FSL-16 mags

- FSL-14 sight zoomable while FSL-14A and FSL-14 LMG no

- FSL-14 LMG MG-7/62 b/a mags not interchangeable with FSL-16 LMG AM/7.6MG s/b/a mags

- mag names spelling (4 different versions, while at least FSL-16 mags should be the same), and texture on LMG mag is mapped backward

- no addons needed dependancy declared (this way no errors while using addon without RHS tanks or Inquisitor OICW)

- make one .pbo with weapons or, at least make them dependant because some textures appear twice.

Edited by krzychuzokecia

- WTU grenadiers - no entry '.modelSpecial'

yes, sorry, I lost the weapon, I put again to replace the new one, INQ_oicw.

- different reticles in WTU Ghost sight and TF

you mean for the weapons?

- FSL-16 uses AM-7/62 30rd burst/auto mag while FSL-16 w/Ghost uses AM/7.6 45rd s/b/a mag (not interchangeable)

damn' I was sure to have made the modifications:eek:

- FSL-14 AM/7.62 30rd s/b/a mags not interchangeable with FSL-16 mags;- FSL-14 AM/7.62 30rd s/b/a mags not interchangeable with FSL-16 mags

yes, I know, this is normal. I wanted to make the volunteers totally independant

- FSL-14 sight zoomable while FSL-14A and FSL-14 LMG no

strange, i don't have this problem, i'm going to check the cpp. I have maybe release a wrong file :butbut:

- mag names spelling (4 different versions, while at least FSL-16 mags should be the same), and texture on LMG mag is mapped backward

-crazy mistake :p. yes i know the problem with the texture, I was too lazy, to change it before the release.

- no addons needed dependancy declared (this way no errors while using addon without RHS tanks or Inquisitor OICW)

dl INQ_oicw, to remove the problem with the WTU grenadier

- make one .pbo with weapons or, at least make them dependant because some textures appear twice

my plan was to modify the textures for the thyrian black ops, this is why they appear twice. ;)

thx for the report, mate ;)

FSL-16 w/Ghost uses custom reticle, while MX-C5 w/Ghost uses BIS G36 reticle.

I know about the OICW and T-80s, but I wanted to check if you've included them in addonsneeded[]= section in .cpp :p

About the names, judging from textures, 'official' mag name should be AM-7/62. :)

And about separating TF and WTU units between two pbos - I think they're bound to use together so instead of thyr_units, thyr_guns, wtu_units, etc. you could just use units, weapons pbos - less pbos, less problems! :)

FSL-16 w/Ghost uses custom reticle, while MX-C5 w/Ghost uses BIS G36 reticle.

ok, imagine just that the WTU army has modified the optic. that was my idea. :)

And about separating TF and WTU units between two pbos - I think they're bound to use together so instead of thyr_units, thyr_guns, wtu_units, etc. you could just use units, weapons pbos - less pbos, less problems!

yes sure, but I prefer to make pbo like that. this is more easy to find what I want in separated pbo, and if I make modifications, only one pbo is affected.

;)