Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

Thyria: sands of resistance.

should i release the next addons for OFP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. should i release the next addons for OFP?

• yes
    • no
    • you alone can choose (don't vote that lol)

thx :)

as I said it can be done, but you are better off giving them commands or just using addweapon or addmagazine....

yes but that would be great to see the soldiers take initiatives, this is a little boring to give them orders only for ammunitions. :p

byw: someone would be interested to create planes for the mod? something like the x-02 wyvern or like the planes which are in macross frontier;

vf-25 :

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/VF-25%20DX%208.jpg

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs40/PRE/f/2009/037/3/a/Shinsei_Industry_VF_25S_by_bagera3005.png

I'm gonna give the script a try and see if I can make it work reliably.... If it works I'll post it here

Can I ask you what alpha channel is? Also if it isnt too much to ask but, I was wondering how the progress is going with those packs?

A 24 bit image will have three channels,red,green,blue.

An alpha channel can be added,and allows you to specify areas of the image you want transparent.

This would then be saved as a 32 bit image.

nothing else to add :p

allows you to specify areas of the image you want transparent

I use them for:

- the air vents on vehicles

- recovery device :

http://www.journaldu4x4.com/local/cache-vignettes/L500xH363/sahariens-jm-002-b41bc.jpg

sorry i don't know the real name of these tools :p

I was wondering how the progress is going with those packs?

texturing is done for :

- WTU APC and IFV

- Thyrian IFV; already in game (2 lods are missing)

- Thyrian APC

- 4 weapons

- volunteers weapons (riffles); already in game (1 lod is missing)

modelling finished for:

- 3 other weapons

- volunteers trucks (these vehicles won't be in the future release)

- a flying light transport is finished, i must do a machinegun for it (this vehicle is for the WTU specs)

i'm going to change:

the Thyrian medium tank becomes the volunteers medium tank; nothing will be changed in the CPP so if you have missions, they will be usable.

I begun the new Thyrian medium tank.

the release will be for october, and if all goes well, the new WTU spec soldier will be in this release. sorry that takes time because i'm alone for this project.

btw: I still search someone to create planes. And someone who could create an other map, for having an other playground.

good work so far mate cant wait for release. right i cant remeber if i did but when this project started i think i sent u one of my random (and well not very well done) combat aircraft models (with ideas for it in a readme) but i cant remeber if i did i hope i did as i no longer have the model anymore.... but if u dont i have a few ideas for aircraft if your intreasted i mean for a quick mock up how bout somekind of vtol gunship/transport somthing like the osprey (bad spelling) but with turbine engines insted of roter (and u can use something like that as a jet by doing a sepret model with the turbines facing in flight mode and a gunship with the turbine in vtol so no need for animations kinda simple idea but im no moddler lol just and adviser lol

yes I have your plane, don't worry I have a project for it: a bomber ;)

my idea of the planes is in fact something like in Macross Fontier, an F14 like or something similar. :)

for example a modernized version with 2 turbines of this real plane:

http://www.99con.com/files/attach/images/209621/052/371/J-35%20Draken2.jpg

thx, i know these planes, and thx to Footmunch for that. :)

I always thought that the Draken has really nice shape, and a modernized version could be great for the mod (the thyrian side for example)

@Sennacherib

When are You planing to release new stuff :) ?

When it's done? ;)
@Sennacherib

When are You planing to release new stuff :) ?

The release will be for October gentlemen, I mean, Sennacherib said that in the large post on page 31 at the middle of the page ^^

Also you can check that post if you want to know what's new in his coming update.

btw, if if have the time, i'm going to make some news textures for the map (sands, rock...), but this is not a priority.

for now the priority is the addons listed p31 + some surprises (new ideas, and i want them quickly in game :p)

And as now i don't need anymore to think about planes, i think to create a new faction.

Thanks for the story, that would help a lot when making mission briefings and stuff. Also, have you ever thought about helicopters? Or, as we are in the future, troopships or things like that, instead of thrusters it could be propellers... For example, for Command & Conquer Renegade, there was an helicopter called Orca VTOL (Vertical Take-off or Landing) wich used some wings on the sides right on top wich had some propellers down and the turbines up...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-renessans/images/gdi-orca-vtol-assault-aircraft#imagebox

orca2.gif

(The link on the image leads to a mod for a different game but dont care about that, just watch the image of an helicopter you will see at first sight, if not, scroll down a little bit.)

nice chopper :eek: btw, I begun few month ago a similar chopper, but for now it is not finished at all:

picture:

gunship.th.jpg

in fact, this is not a priority, but yes sure later, I hope to see choppers in the mod ;)

Got a transport "sheep" style for you.

post-110564-1246554721.jpg

That is a BF 2142 transport ship, it has some machineguns on the sides and it carries soldiers inside... Kinda is the best pic I could get...

m2620129_99120105038_IGValkyrie1MPPK_445x319.jpg

And that is a multirole ship of Warhammer 40k, it cant be seen right now but it has the doors on the sides and another model 1 big door on the back like the osprey...

Hope all that helps bud.

thx, ;)

I found some pics of Battlefield 2142 (weapons, vehicles etc), i like very much their designs

but I don't know very well all the warhammer stuff:p