Sign in to follow this  
bensu

tunguska fireanimation

Is that screenshot of a tungusta though? I thought it looked more like a shilka-like AA vehicle. But yes, if they make the tungusta look like the photos ... omg.

Yes, I noticed it too. I think it does look pretty unrealistic currently. Secondly, the automatic fire sounds way too slow in the video (it's supposed to shoot at 4000-5000 rounds per minute, way past the point at which the human ear hears separate shots).

They might just finish the sounds and visual effects last, after the meshes and textures are set in stone.

Yes, I noticed it too. I think it does look pretty unrealistic currently. Secondly, the automatic fire sounds way too slow in the video (it's supposed to shoot at 4000-5000 rounds per minute, way past the point at which the human ear hears separate shots).

They might just finish the sounds and visual effects last, after the meshes and textures are set in stone.

Yeah but I guess there's still the limitation present where you can't shoot with more than 1 barrel per gunner, so it's shooting at half the RPM.

Oh, I pray that method gets changed before release. The model needs to be able to natively slave multiple guns to a turret. Even if they have the same name with different properties, firing order and such.

I never understood why they can make even rockets come from the right side of the heli and odd rockets to come from the left but they cant do the same with miniguns. Maybe some modder can explain this. I agree with the firing effect but I reacted more to the sound difference.

I dont know if there is a need to worry though. In a preview video of ArmA there was an A10 firing rockets but it sounded like it was firing its cannon. Then again the AT4 still sounds like a Javelin and the AT4 and RPG rockets behaviour took way too long to fix. I hope they fix the Tunguska before release, other stuff is starting to look so good and I dont want another RPG/AT4 to spoil the overall feeling tounge2.gif. Since "Each vehicle sound is composed from more than 40 noises (engine, friction of tyres on surfaces, etc." I find it kind of hard to belive that when the game is released those are not going to be the right sounds, but who knows  tounge2.gif

if they cant make multiple barrels work, surely they can just have one barrel firing at the same rate as all of them put together.

In Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint, there was the Shilka turret with four cannons. How did they solve that problem of four guns on one turret, does someone remember?

In Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint, there was the Shilka turret with four cannons. How did they solve that problem of four guns on one turret, does someone remember?

They didn't. But with the barrels so close together it wasn't very noticeable, as your post demonstrates biggrin_o.gif

Shilka in OFP fired from one invisible cannon in between of the turrets.

They didn't. But with the barrels so close together it wasn't very noticeable, as your post demonstrates biggrin_o.gif

Wow, I never even noticed that, would you believe? Thanks for explaining.