Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

campaign length

Searched the forums but couldnt find anything about this. Will the campaign be longer then in arma? Because the campaign was pretty short and the story did suck major ass. It was like playing some 10 year old toy soldiers game in 3-d or something. I,m pretty confident that this time it will be more mature but i hope it will be much longer then arma was.

i seem to remember a preview/interview saying that it would be 10 hours not including "side" missions (if it's anything like ARMA 1 the side missions could double that).

it will be split into four acts which will flow much better than before (no sudden jumps across the world).

to me it seems like ARMA 2 will have a far better story than OFP 2, i don't even remember them mentioning it.

Also there will be tons of replayability as the story branches depending on your actions. + replaying the game in co-op should be infinitely entertaining.

A 30-40 mission campaign like in CWC would be nice... but the standard after OFP has been a short 20 missions after CWC :/

About the campaign i remember they said something i don't liked to hear, which was something like "The campaign will basically be a tutorial for Warefare"....

Whatever that means, i don't like it because "Warefare" is not what i would ever play at all... i even don't play Evolution or the other mass-attracting missions.  icon_rolleyes.gif

All not professional and "realism featureing" enough..

Small coops or large Team-Battles FTW! tounge2.gif

However, i still expect the campaign to be great and to be comparable to OFPs.

In any case, DO NOT WORRY, as there are so many talented mission makers which will (i'm sure about it) make some kick-ass campaigns which will be even better than the original....

Or imagine the original campaign from the viewpoint of any other 5 factions....

There are so many possibilities....

Given the nature of the game it would be nice if the campaign would end into an open play mode whereas AI and the player fight on in an evolving conflict that is cleverly managed and not repetative. Laying the biggest part of Arma 2 on MP is an error imo as the gaming sector serioulsy misses a standalone single-player experience that doesnßt end after 10 hours. This would be a big backset for me. Arma´s campaign was dissapointing, let´s hope Arma 2 will offer something more OFP - related when it comes to replayability and duration.

many things call my memories of ofp like hind or music !

I think was a huge campagne like that CWC  wink_o.gif

I trust in BIS !  smile_o.gif

I just hope its as good as the orignal ofp, cant get enough of that.

It can't be even half as good if the campaign is solely based around some lame razor special force team.

OFP was totally different, you were just thrown out in the unknown and trying to survive. ArmA will be just doing special operations behind enemy lines. Nothing exciting. Just accomplishing missions after another.

Yay.

I just hope its as good as the orignal ofp, cant get enough of that.

It can't be even half as good if the campaign is solely based around some lame razor special force team.

OFP was totally different, you were just thrown out in the unknown and trying to survive. ArmA will be just doing special operations behind enemy lines. Nothing exciting. Just accomplishing missions after another. Yay.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!?!??!

ArmA campaign will be boring compared to CWC.

Really you played it? Whats the first mission like?

Oh wait... you were just assuming without any reason backing your theory.

Quote[/b] ]OFP was totally different, you were just thrown out in the unknown and trying to survive.

Judging by the trailer for ArmA II, the concept seems the same. You are fighting against someone and then something goes wrong and you are captured by some unknown force and you help them and then you go back to fighting in the bigger war. I could be wrong but my assumption is based on cutscenes and not on my own ideas.

Laying the biggest part of Arma 2 on MP is an error imo as the gaming sector serioulsy misses a standalone single-player experience that doesnßt end after 10 hours.

I completely agree with you.

I'm only getting this for the campaign mode so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

many things call my memories of ofp like hind or music !

I think was a huge campagne like that CWC  wink_o.gif

I trust in BIS !  smile_o.gif

Fixed. whistle.gif

boring i dont think but I sure I finsih arma campaign !

but cwc never  wink_o.gif   like red hammer and resistance   crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]fixed

my ram crash ! biggrin_o.gif "fatal error " thanks for fixe ^^

I think there is going to be seveal endings, that players can affect the outcoming of the situation on chernarus and stuff I heard from a Bis interview. smile_o.gif campaign will probably rock peoples socks off i think.They have lots of experience now both from ofp and arma 1 + expansions. smile_o.gif

They went for a news based approach in ArmA, making the missions really boring "there's enemies/objective there, go destroy it" and next mission, no real plot or cutscenes or characters like in OFP. Cutscenes were just some lame, boring news raports, really lazy. And the videos releasd of the factions still hint that they're going for the same lazy way of making the campaign.

The worst part about Arma Side missions is that they claimed to make the main missions easier, except that the side missions were usually harder than the main missions.

They went for a news based approach in ArmA, making the missions really boring "there's enemies/objective there, go destroy it" and next mission, no real plot or cutscenes or characters like in OFP. Cutscenes were just some lame, boring news raports, really lazy. And the videos releasd of the factions still hint that they're going for the same lazy way of making the campaign.

At least you got visual stuff. In ArmA: Combat Operations all it was was someone talking over a bunch of those silhouette clips. There weren't any actual cutscenes between missions. At least none I can think of. I gladly would've taken the news reports.

i don't mind the look of the "news report" style things as it is only used occasionally with ofp style ones between missions as well.

I disagree about the faction videos being lazy and there being no plot. The faction videos prove that there is a plot to the game because that is what they are revealing to you.

At least you got visual stuff. In ArmA: Combat Operations all it was was someone talking over a bunch of those silhouette clips. There weren't any actual cutscenes between missions. At least none I can think of. I gladly would've taken the news reports.

So what? The ArmA1 missions were mostly boring and rushed anyway. It's not like the cutscenes made much difference.

ArmA 2 at least shows a decent story in the previews and some seemingly campaign related stuff in the first HD trailer that was released a while ago, that's good news IMO smile_o.gif

ArmA1 didn't, and I guess that hinted at how much work went into the campaign confused_o.gif

ArmA 2 at least shows a decent story in the previews and some seemingly campaign related stuff in the first HD trailer that was released a while ago, that's good news IMO smile_o.gif

ArmA1 didn't, and I guess that hinted at how much work went into the campaign confused_o.gif

Amen brother.

From what i see and hear this seems to have a deeper story and political edge. What i like with BIS is that they show what we get. They dont use renders for screens. They dont make CGI cool movies but always show it to us pure. The info on the campaign shouldnt be any different and it tells us what i first mentioned.

I have good hopes for the campaign. And we'll be able to play it online with friends as well! thumbs-up.gif I think its safe to say its going to be far better than ARMA1.

Alex

Think of it this way, Arma 2 was being worked on before Arma 1 was even being talked about. BIS said themselves that Arma 1 was pretty much a test game.

About the campaign i remember they said something i don't liked to hear, which was something like "The campaign will basically be a tutorial for Warefare"....

Whatever that means, i don't like it because "Warefare" is not what i would ever play at all... i even don't play Evolution or the other mass-attracting missions.  icon_rolleyes.gif

All not professional and "realism featureing" enough..

Small coops or large Team-Battles FTW! tounge2.gif

However, i still expect the campaign to be great and to be comparable to OFPs.

In any case, DO NOT WORRY, as there are so many talented mission makers which will (i'm sure about it) make some kick-ass campaigns which will be even better than the original....

Or imagine the original campaign from the viewpoint of any other 5 factions....

There are so many possibilities....

Dude warfare is Awesome, when i played there was teamwork going on biggrin_o.gif