Sign in to follow this  
beton

Wrong walking sound..

Hi everybody

On my island there is a sound like walking on a wooden terrace. Even when walking on grass etc...

Does anybody have a solution for that?

Thanks in advance

the possible surface definition error that Sgt.Ace mentioned is located here:

config.cpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSurfaces

{

};

You dont should use orignal bis texture names for the ground textures to avoid such problems.

files = "trava_*";

use something similiar

files = "bet_trava_*

(but be aware to change all the texure names and rvmats and reimport with changed layer.cfg too.)

the only reason i see atm is because you are using the same names for almost everything, per example the lawnClutter:

You are identifying the class and you are calling it after probability line:

Quote[/b] ]class CfgSurfaceCharacters

{

class lawnClutter

{

probability[] = {0.70};

names[] = {"lawnClutter"};

};

Avoid it.

If you follow the following structure you might fix your problem:

I used colors so you can easily understand how and where they should be. Hope it helps. Can't explain better then this. Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<ul>class clutter {

class <span style='color:green'>smallrocks00</span>: grassogeneral {

model=mapname\rocks\clutter_stone_small.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0;

scaleMin = 0.50;

scaleMax = 1.00;

};

};

class CfgSurfaces {

class sando : Default {

access = ReadOnly;

files = "sando*";

rough = 0.080;

dust = 0.090;

soundEnviron = "drygrass";

character = "<span style='color:blue'>sandoClutter</span>";

};

};

class CfgSurfaceCharacters {

class <span style='color:blue'>sandoClutter</span> {

probability[] = {0.22};  

names[] = {"<span style='color:green'>smallrocks00</span>"};

};

};

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Sgt.Ace is also right. You shouldn't use same names as BIS uses else there will be issues.

Ok thank you..

ill try that and report back...

I also have this problem, but I don't have a "class CfgSurfaces {". When I put it in it said something about "class sando : Default {" being wrong, saying undefined "default". Is there anywhere I could get a working config with everything in it? My island is sand and more sand, yet it sounds like my character is running on dirt, furthermore, when I did have dirt, the actual sounds of the dirt played properly, but the sand for 50m or so around where the dirt was also had a dirt sound (back then most of the sand actually sounded like sand). I'm thoroughly confused.

post your complete config at paste.bin and link it here

...when I did have dirt, the actual sounds of the dirt played properly, but the sand for 50m or so around where the dirt was also had a dirt sound (back then most of the sand actually sounded like sand). I'm thoroughly confused.

ArmA uses a grid to define the surface type, where all terrain types (no matter if it is grass/rock/dirt/mud) within one grid square use a single surface config (ambient and walking sounds, terrain roughness, dust, etc). If I remember correctly, it uses is first surface type defined within the config? I don't know how this surface type grid is related to the satmask and heightmap grids.

Here is a thread containing some info about the surface grid.

Where and how do I post it? I went to the pace metioned but got a cannot find error in IE. But I'm currently using the sample map one, (rahmadi), though I haven't seen it happen before.

I advised of the same problem to the ACE dev team a while back and apparently a number of islands had this issue.

They got straight on it and they have fixed this for ACE islands 1.13 when then becomes available.

Its because you have more than 4 colors to a grid in the Mask_lco. Check your mask files in the layers folder for any brown color, that will be the culprit.

Edited by Aussie