Sign in to follow this  
TCEd

Pre-Order in US??

I see that you can now pre-order ArmA2 in the UK (Amazon.co.uk), does anyone know if/when we can pre-order in the US??

ty for Info Pre Ordering 4 now They are able to ship to US smile_o.gif they can send to Canada as well smile_o.gif

I see that you can now pre-order ArmA2 in the UK (Amazon.co.uk), does anyone know if/when we can pre-order in the US??

As of right now, as far as i know, there is no publisher for the US. You might be able to get a copy of the game from overseas or digital download. Just have to wait and see.

Rgr that, I had to digitally download the first one through Steam, and have been checking it regularly for ArmA2.

volkov956, are you saying that I can pre-order from Amazon.co.uk even thought I live in the US? If so, the shipping cost are probably very high, I will check into this.

Thanks for the info guys.

quote from amazon.uk

Quote[/b] ]Software, PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Gift items

Amazon.co.uk and Amazon Merchants: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Republic of Ireland (Amazon Merchants only for PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Gift items), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).

Amazon.co.uk Order Summary

Items: GBP 104.32

Postage & Packing: GBP 10.95

Total before VAT: GBP 115.27

Thats for 4 copies even to my remote area thats good ship rates even after conversion tahts cheaper then sending a package from a place closer to me....

Pre-ordered!  biggrin_o.gif but i wasn't sure whether to wait and buy the US release or the UK one, i live in the UK so it probably makes sense to buy it for there but i don't like all the confusion about the different publishers crazy_o.gif There should be one publisher for one game and one publisher only!!!

I'll buy it from whoever releases it first. Most likely Digital or the European publisher. If they choose Atari again as the US Publisher, I'll still get the European version. Atari is the worst Publisher the US has ever seen.

In one of the interviews the site listed THQ as the publisher, but don't know if they is true or not.

I'll buy it from whoever releases it first. Most likely Digital or the European publisher. If they choose Atari again as the US Publisher, I'll still get the European version. Atari is the worst Publisher the US has ever seen.

yeah. i'll get whoever sells the digital version first (except steam due to their update problems i have heard about for arma).

won't bother with disc version.

Quote[/b] ]i'll get whoever sells the digital version first (except steam due to their update problems i have heard about for arma).

I got Arma1 off Steam, but I don't use it for updates, just to buy through. No matter who you get a digital copy of the game through, you would still update from the games official site as you would a CD game. I don't even run steam when I play Arma, I just put a shortcut on my desktop & away we go.

Funny, I used to hate Steam, but now i dont' mind it. I've been able to purchase and download some of the classic games for cheap without leaving the house. Overall I've had no problems with it.

I wish BIS would consider setting up something similar to Steam. They could sell ARMA 2 via digital downloads themselves and leave the physical DVD distribution to the middle men.

Heh, I got Arma from a digital download when it was originally released. I don't even remember the company name who sold it to me, it was the worst downloading service I've ever used.

Steam isn't that bad, but its better than waiting 2 weeks while everyone else gets to play it first! I'll probably preorder though, IF they allow preorders to the US that is..

Heh, I got Arma from a digital download when it was originally released. I don't even remember the company name who sold it to me, it was the worst downloading service I've ever used.

It was probably Atari.

They're the worst digital download vendor I've personally used.

I had to buy ArmA again recently, because Atari doesn't let you re-download it again later. When I purchased my second copy from them, they charged me for their "insurance", even though I had removed it from the cart. I think their "insurance" allows you to re-download it for 30 extra days, which makes me wonder what would happen if your internet crapped out mid-download after a purchase, and you didn't get a chance to re-download it until the weekend. banghead.gif

yea, choosing a download vendor is important as any others, always look for a site that will allow you to download a new copy should your PC go down or what ever, also you should always burn the downloaded content onto a blank DVD, this way you will have it should you need it, the important info is the key anyway, you could download 100 copies, but they only give you one key, so I don't see why any site would not allow more than one or two downloads.

I see also on the Amazon site, that the release date was move out, again.  At first they said March 27th, then it got pushed back to May 27th, now the site says;

ArmA 2 (PC DVD)

by 505 Games

Platform:   Windows XP

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

RRP: £39.99

Price: £29.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

You Save: £10.00 (25%)

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This item will be released on June 26, 2009.

Pre-order now!

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

So it looks like the waiting game will be a bit longer.  Lets hope they don't move again.