Sign in to follow this  
r71

Cessna

For some reason the 1.45 and 1.46 patch will not let me get the Cessna off the ground with out damage. I pull up all the way (with mouse) and all I see is the flaps go up and the plane will not lift until a high speed. The Cessna used to lift off the ground at 120 with ease. Now it make me wait till I get up more speed but much more speeds makes you take damage sad.gif This does not happen with any of the other planes.

I can still take off fine with the cessna... The plane will almost take off by itself when the flaps are fully down. Just a little bit "upwards aim" with the mouse and the cessna will be airborne when it reaches 120-130. Are you using the flaps?

I have never had to use the flaps before. Maybe its something up with my game? bad install of a patch?confused.gif hummmm. I know it not because I dont know how to use the game planes. I got the game when it came out (Euro version) but now I have the US version. I know just about all the moves you can do with a plane in the game. You know like  the first euro version where you could land the planes like a chopper, take off from under water. I can land on hills and take off from a cliff with like with only 30 feet to roll. I know you can pass through certain types of trees. I can land and take off from that small island on Malden at Hd 45 with ease with out going into the water.   btw you can still take off from water in the new patch..... hummmmmm well I am sure you get the point. Its not me it the game  wink.gif  but thanks for the reply. You do some nice work with addons even though I dont use any I have looked at them.

almost forgot just in case this would help I have 1.30, 1.42, 1.45, 1.46 with US version

I think the 1.45 patch made the aircrafts more realistic. You need to use flaps now (at least for the cessna), and you cannot land/take off from 10 meter long airstrips anymore wink.gif

If that's true then they should also add some buttons for flaps up/down because I hate to go to the menu and then press the button again. And if I want to move it up more I have to go into the menu again and press the button again. I think it's good having the planes easy to fly and don't make it to realistically, but of course Operation Flashpoint is about realism so I don't expect them to do anything about it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 05 2002,09:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the 1.45 patch made the aircrafts more realistic. You need to use flaps now (at least for the cessna), and you cannot land/take off from 10 meter long airstrips anymore wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Taking off with full flaps in not realistic at all.

only for short take-off distance or a runway with high objects at the end like trees or buildings

yeah you can only take off from that short of run now from a cliff or a surface like that small island I told you about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (arjen @ Mar. 05 2002,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">only for short take-off distance or a runway with high objects at the end like trees or buildings<span id='postcolor'>

You still don't use full flaps.

One click of the flap should put you in a 'Take off' flap setting. Taking off with full flaps would cause an insane amount of drag, and the risk of stalling after take off would increase dramatically.

You shouldn't even need full flap when landing. 3 clicks should do it.

You can still land as a chopper in the planes.

All you need to do is play with keyboard - turn engine off - hold "s" (brake) - move mousecurser all the way to the top.

There u have it, you landed (with about 1 cm damage) but u landed safely.

And you wont even need any big spots, now aint that realistic smile.gif *hint*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 06 2002,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One click of the flap should put you in a 'Take off' flap setting. Taking off with full flaps would cause an insane amount of drag, and the risk of stalling after take off would increase dramatically.

You shouldn't even need full flap when landing. 3 clicks should do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Im not sure if one needs to use full flaps, but I always do tounge.gif Its all the way or nothing wink.gif

1 click on flaps does it........ ty. Does a stick help you pick up speed faster in the game? I was playing last night in a tank mission I made and my friend was able to go faster then me. I use that turbo button too so I dont know what up with that. I think he can pick up speed faster in planes too. There seems to be alot of things you can do with a stick that you cant do with a mouse. He can fly backwards and up in a corkscrew at the same time wow.gif it looks funny as hell. I can only spin on my side and go up like that. There are a few other things like too.