Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Cargo System - RELEASED!

Hi,

Looks like, since the ACE update. The RKSL System has stopped initialising. I will take a closer look.

Edit:

A quick fix is to add this line to your init.sqf or an init field in the mission editor:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">RKSL_System Set [0,True];

Does the init lines you mentioned for the ACE ammo crates also pertain to the weapon crates as well?

I tried putting down one of your 5t trucks and then put a ACE west ammo crate and the ACE weapon crate (the one that has weapons for both sides) down and put the text you mentioned in the init lines of both crates and still couldn't get them into the truck. I did manage to get it to work using the method where it is "invisibly" loaded into the truck, but was hoping to have it visually in the back of the truck. Oh! I also made a init.sqf and added the line you mentioned above on the 2nd and still no go in the editor.

I apologize in advance for my stupidity in this matter, I'm trying to learn all this stuff, but sometimes it goes right over my head.  sad_o.gif

What I'm trying to find out is how to get both the ACE ammo crates and weapon crates (if possible) visibly loaded, possibly also with the cargo menu. Like I said I tried the lines you specified both as "[this]" and "[Am1]" for example and things just aren't going to plan. I can get the ammo crate into the truck the super easy way, but even then I don't get the cargo menu--I just walk up and choose "load suchandsuch into suchandsuch" so to speak.

I'm going to hang myself if the screwup is right in front of my face and can be easily fixed...  <bangs head on desk until he blacks out>

This issue aside, I really love this thing. Makes loading things a whole lot easier instead of manually in the init lines of vehicles or manually running back and forth from crate to vehicle and back again for an hour.  biggrin_o.gif

Great, great job guys. Any help you could offer this poor numbskull would be greatly appreciated.  banghead.gif

RKSL YOU PEOPLE ROCK.

I LOVE this release.

Thanks is not the sum of how great this system is.

Now on to my question.

I am using Trench fighting to defend a town..

I have to add this addon.

Sandbagfix1.1 addon by Raedor

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1688

It does not appear in my Cargo menu, using the inv code but if I change the object to a pylon, or tent it is there change the excat same object back to the Wood Fencel(sandbag) it is not avaible as a cargo item.

So I am thinking it is something to do with how the sandbag is modified but that is as far as I can go.

Any quick fixes?

If not The Trench fighting has to go.

Thanks again for just a great system to play with.

Styxx

Do not use the sandbag fix if you are using anything above ArmA v1.12 patch.(or it may be a prior patch as well) This functionality was added in one of the patches for ArmA and it will cause problems.

I know this has been discussed in the trench thread but I don't remember what was said about it.

EDIT:

Actually it's not in that thread but it has been discussed, I wish I knew where to direct you but I can't remember.

But I'm not sure if that AddOn is needed for it to work, possibly it was just needed prior to the fix and thus required in the example mission. Try just removing rae_sandbag from the addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= lists at the top of the mission.sqm file.

Or check ArmAholic.com or another site cause I thought there was a newer or different trench script. I recall a trench topic that was newer then that one. OFPEC forums I believe may have one.

EDIT2:

I found the discussion here's the link. It was the same script just in OFPEC's forum. Check the bottom of page 1.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=29804.0

Sorry Rock, VXR and UNN for going off topic.

@Betsalel

I will take a look tonight, I only just realize ACES used the same object for the Weapons box as Arma uses for the Ammo box. I will post an example mission for you, later on tonight if I can.

@Stxx42

I'll check out the Sandbag object you linked to and see what we can do.

Edit:

Try Manzillas suggestion, the Sandbag fix is destroying the objects so the system thinks there dead.

If you still need to use destroyed sandbags, then you might as well wait for the next update to the Cargo System (which won't be long, just tidying up the documentation).

@Manzilla

No worries, you weren't offtopic after all smile_o.gif

Thanks UNN, that would be great--thanks a bunch! smile_o.gif

I finally got the cargo menu to appear, though I have to do the shoot the boxes or the chopper thing. I can load ammo crates, medic crates, etc now into the vehicle of choice, but even so, I'm not getting the "visual" object seen in/on the vehicle yet--mostly ACE ammo crates and of course the ACE weapon crates, but even noticed with the MK19 static last night.

Even so, I just love this system and the bugs at my end are by far outweighed by the things that I've gotten to work now. I'm sure all of this is just an issue with my and my lack of being use to these things still and trying to learn as I go along. Me and my mate were estatic seeing how fast it is now loading things up now.

Simply put, this system is a Must Have, hand down. I'll be using this thing religiously from now on, that's for sure. notworthy.gif

Even so, I just love this system and the bugs at my end are by far outweighed by the things that I've gotten to work now. I'm sure all of this is just an issue with my and my lack of being use to these things still and trying to learn as I go along. Me and my mate were estatic seeing how fast it is now loading things up now.

Simply put, this system is a Must Have, hand down. I'll be using this thing religiously from now on, that's for sure.  notworthy.gif

With out a doubt. I can't play ArmA any more with out adding this to missions. It's easily one of the most useful things made for ArmA thus far. Even with having to shoot the crates to get the cargo menu working with ACE v1.01 it doesn't matter. The system is so useful none of that matters.

Guest RKSL-Rock
...Even with having to shoot the crates to get the cargo menu working with ACE v1.01 it doesn't matter. The system is so useful none of that matters.

Thats an ACE issue not an RKSL one. There is something that ACE changed to cause that bug.

Here are a couple of example missions that use the ACES Ammo box objects RKSL-ACESCargo.zip

RKSL_ACESProxyCargo.intro:

Most of this is done in the init.sqf. Once the cargo class is defined, you only have to call RKSL_InitStatic and RKSL_CargoAssign everytime you create a new box using scripts.

RKSL_ACESHiddenCargo.intro:

Most of this is done in the mission editor, but you still need the quick fix in init.sqf. I've also demonstrated how you can use your own drag object in the overhead view, with an extra parameter:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,1,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_CargoAdd

If you don't want a custom drag object, just use this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,1] Call RKSL_CargoAdd

Quote[/b] ]Even with having to shoot the crates to get the cargo menu working with ACE v1.01 it doesn't matter.

You just need to add the quick fix I mentioned a few posts above. The problem was, it would take a seemingly random amount of time to initialise the system. The code I posted solves that problem until the next update.

Cheers

Do not use the sandbag fix if you are using anything above ArmA v1.12 patch.(or it may be a prior patch as well) This functionality was added in one of the patches for ArmA and it will cause problems.

I know this has been discussed in the trench thread but I don't remember what was said about it.

EDIT:

Actually it's not in that thread but it has been discussed, I wish I knew where to direct you but I can't remember.

But I'm not sure if that AddOn is needed for it to work, possibly it was just needed prior to the fix and thus required in the example mission. Try just removing rae_sandbag from the addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= lists at the top of the mission.sqm file.

Or check ArmAholic.com or another site cause I thought there was a newer or different trench script. I recall a trench topic that was newer then that one. OFPEC forums I believe may have one.

EDIT2:

I found the discussion here's the link. It was the same script just in OFPEC's forum. Check the bottom of page 1.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=29804.0

Sorry Rock, VXR and UNN for going off topic.

Well For Crying out Loud that worked. Thanks MANZILLA and UNN.

Take the reference out of the SQM and it worked like a charm. I got stuck on the other forum that said IT NEEDS this addons.

I pulled apart your sample missions looking for anything that I might have missed. But the answer was there you just had to show me.

You know when you hear the buzz that some one has totally changed FPS you get excited. But most of the time it is only the put in a flying car or some crap like that.

What you guys have done here is create a system that totally changes how the game can and should be played.. Thus IMHO you guys have TOTALLY changed ARMA. IN a way that will and should totally add a dimension to missions that never existed.

If the sand bags had to go, They would go in a heart beat. My team mates and I where talking about how amazing it is going to be in big missions, strung out, low on Ammo, you could have a supply and logistics person\Team full time which in turn presents all kinds of offensive and defensive opportunities in missions instead of TAKE THAT HILL. How about TAKE THAT SUPPLY TRUCK. YOU GUYS ROCK, did I say that already? Well you do.

Thanks for doing leg work Manzilla and UNN that I obviously failed at. I did some serous(or I thought) searching for the sand bag addon but failed to look for another forum with the Trenches in it. Duhaa.

Now I get my Cake and I get to eat it too.

I now have to have totally rework my missions and add everything to this system.

Thanks again for helping me out. Although I have only been a member since April last year I have been a Major Lurker since OPF and it is people like you that really make OPF\ARMA what it is and what it really can be. And is a MAJOR reason why me and my friends and I would think a lot of people purchase this game.

(With appropriate kudos to BIS for allowing you people the tools to work with in the game.)

Thanks again

can't wait for the hinted at next edition. Forget that Can't wait to play more with what you have already given me.

Beers for you all if you are ever in Canada on me.

Okay one more issue. Or not.

In test during mission building I occasionally get stuck in Over head view. It is after I choose Close and I stick in Over head view and there are no other options to choose. Is there a Secret Key. It is after a LARGE item placement, like a 120 Gun or a Base. Is that the issue?

Anyone else had this? It is very rare and I have never tested in game as I am just only getting into using this system. It is only during preview so far.

Usually I get stuck the Arrow for direction is still in place of an object I just placed. And I can't click on anything else.

( I looked through the readme''s but they are a little thin at the moment(no complaints))

Okay a smidgen bit more testing and I did it again.

It seems when I put a LARGE object (value of 12) and it is too CLOSE to the vehicle (5 ton truck each time for me) and I choose CLOSE in stead of first person)

Does that help? Or even make sense?

Styxx42 confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In test during mission building I occasonally get stuck in Over head view.  It is after I choose Close and I stick in Over head view and there are no other options to choose. Is there a Secret Key.

Anyone else had this?  It is very rare and I have never tested in game as I am just only getting into using this system.

We had this during beta testing with larger static objects, but I thought I'd fixed it. What object are you using? If you want, send us your test mission. Pm me for the details.

Edit: Just tested it with a Warfare Air Factory. Large static objects can cause problems when waiting for them to reach the last mouse position. I did put a timeout feature in there, just in case. If you wait for about 5 seconds, it should update so you can exit the menu without any problems?

Cheers

8ca74126235056.gif

934f9026235289.gif

Here are some Pics of what is happening with me.

I am using a SHIT load of addons mostly from Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion. So it could just be me.

But the in the first one this is first person if I choose the right combination to get out of OVERHEAD view. If I close I just get stuck in the second picture.

Styxx42

Try this line instead:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,12,TypeOf This] Call RKSL_CargoAdd

It will assign an object instead of the white arrow. It's easier to match up the same objects, so it should remove the delay.

But remember the drag object has mass, so you can easily kill yourself and others, if you drag the object onto a unit. Ideally we would create a dedicated drag object, with no Geometry.

Cheers

Quick request.

I have a mission where I have made alot of vehicles capable of carrying cargo. (because I LOVE IT)

Is there a way to put a Vehicle Identifier in the int line so it shows in OVER head or even in side view so you know which 5 ton truck you are going to load?

I have three 5 tons all the same and there is a way to click on them in over head so they switch to them and then you can load them based on that, but some sort of identifier would be really helpful when you three covered 5 ton trucks all the same with in the load area and you have to figure out which one you loaded.

Or is there a way to specifiy the loading area? So I know how far away to set the trucks. I have Helo1 thru 3 and they must be too far away as they don't show up.

Just things I am thinking might come up in a combat mission.

Cheers

(I am buying the first couple rounds for you guys)

Styxx42

Try this line instead:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,12,TypeOf This] Call RKSL_CargoAdd

It will assign an object instead of the white arrow. It's easier to match up the same objects, so it should remove the delay.

But remember the drag object has mass, so you can easily kill..

Cheers

Should I only do this for large objects or all objects?

And Yes I I use the RTE4 and I am tired of the whining soldiers when I set them too high or too low in a building.

Suck up it meat ball. You signed the contract, you knew the risks. Wheee You dropped me or My legs are stuck in cement. Boo hoo hoo. crazy_o.gif

Thanks UNN, I will try this out.

Styxx42

Quote[/b] ]Thanks UNN, I will try this out.

Well after a bit more experimenting you might run into other problems when you try and rotate the visible drag object crazy_o.gif The problem can be found on a variety of objects, it's just the larger they are the more apparent it is. Take this mission for example:

SetPosGetPosBug.intro

I've placed a standard M2 and MK19 tripod on the map. Both objects then spawn this script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">WaitUntil {_Pos=GetPos (_This Select 0); (_This Select 0) SetPos _Pos; Sleep 1; False}

If your familiar with scripting you would expect the objects to remain stationary while the loop is running. However if you run the actual mission, you see the MK19 slowly move across the map while the M2 does remain stationary. Thats the problem we have with the Cargo system. For some objects the value returned by getpos changes, when you use the same value with setpos. This appears to relate to the p3d's COG, we are looking into ways to detect and compensate using scripts.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to put a Vehicle Identifier in the int line so it shows in OVER head or even in side view so you know which 5 ton truck you are going to load?

Or is there a way to specifiy the loading area?  So I know how far away to set the trucks. I have Helo1 thru 3 and they must be too far away as they don't show up.

Yeah, we are looking into both these issues.

Cheers

UNN--thanks a ton for those two missions!  biggrin_o.gif

I do have a question, though. Say I wanted to use one of ACE's choppers to transport stuff. For the proxy way you sent over, do I still add the "[This,12] Call RKSL_TransportAdd" in it's init line tog et them to "cooperate"?

Like in the mission edit I was tinkering around with for me and some buddies of mine, I put down ACE's CH-47D Chinook Cargo (class - ACE_CH47D_CARGO) at the base where we start. Before you put together those two new missions, that's what I did to get the cargo in (though it was invisibly loaded in) it. Do I do the same since its not one of the "ready to go" vehicles you guys setup for it? Or do I name it and add something to the missions'  init?

For Styxx42 and anyone else hitting problems with dragging large static objects. I've now fixed the bug so a working version will be available in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]I do have a question, though. Say I wanted to use one of ACE's choppers to transport stuff. For the proxy way you sent over, do I still add the "[This,12] Call RKSL_TransportAdd" in it's init line tog et them to "cooperate"?

Only the UH60 and MI17 are currently defined with visible cargo in the system. They should be able to work with the ACES versions. Assuming the cargo positions haven’t changed. The Chinook will be added, just can't say when atm.

Cheers

@Unn said

" For Styxx42 and anyone else hitting problems with dragging large static objects. I've now fixed the bug so a working version will be available in the next update."

All I can say is THANKS.

Can't wait for next update. Well tonight is the first night my group and I will try the cargo system so We will see how it works out with this version.

Styxx42

UNN, thanks for the response. Very much appreciated. thumbs-up.gif

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but with the New ACE Update v1.04 and New Event Handler the Cargo Menu is Blank now. It worked fine before the update in my missions?

crazy_o.gif

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but with the New ACE Update v1.04 and New Event Handler the Cargo Menu is Blank now.  It worked fine before the update in my missions?

crazy_o.gif

Yeah this happened to me starting in v1.01. If I'd shoot the crates a few time and then try the cargo menu everything would appear again. But then UNN posted something to put in the init.sqf and it worked again. I haven't tried ACE v1.04 yet so I'm not sure if that "fix" still works. You may want to check the last few pages and try that fix though.

EDIT:

Here it is:

Quote[/b] ]

Feb. 02 2009,01:22

Hi,

Looks like, since the ACE update. The RKSL System has stopped initialising. I will take a closer look.

Edit:

A quick fix is to add this line to your init.sqf or an init field in the mission editor:

Code Sample

RKSL_System Set [0,True];