Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Cargo System - RELEASED!

Can anyone direct me to info on when you need to use the Game Logic RKSL Cargo System objects, which one and why, don't see it on RKSL Website? (Hope I didn't miss it:hm:)

Thanks

Can anyone direct me to info on when you need to use the Game Logic RKSL Cargo System objects, which one and why, don't see it on RKSL Website? (Hope I didn't miss it:hm:)

Thanks

I believe you need to place the Cargo system game logic when you do not have any RKSL Cargo System objects on a map but want to use the cargo system on non-RKSL objects via an init line command.

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone direct me to info on when you need to use the Game Logic RKSL Cargo System objects, which one and why, don't see it on RKSL Website? (Hope I didn't miss it:hm:)

Hi,

The Cargo System Game Logic is used when you have no visible cargo or supported vehicles on the map. So you have to start the scripts using the logic. If you look at the example mission rksl-hiddencargo.Intro, you will see all the vehicles and objects use the hidden cargo commands with standard Arma addons.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Do I do the same if Im gonna make rksl cargo work for spawned vehicles too?

Say if I would edit a warefare mission with Rksl cargo?

Quote[/b] ]Do I do the same if Im gonna make rksl cargo work for spawned vehicles too?

Say if I would edit a warefare mission with Rksl cargo?

It depends how the mission’s respawn is handled. If it uses the default Arma respawn command, then it's just a quick search and replace. If it were a custom script then you would have to call the init again.

If anyone is seriously wanting to get the Cargo system working with EVO or Warfare, they should pm me.

Hey UNN, I'm really sorry for bugging you again, but I have another question. Looking at the proxy mission you posted I tried putting multiple West ACE ammo crates down for example and just kept naming them (AMMOBOX01, AMMOBOX02, etc) but it's just letting only one of each type to load (AMMOBOX01, MEDICBOX01, etc).

Here's what I tried doing for example:

Quote[/b] ]//////////////////////////

// This Script By UNN V1.0

//////////////////////////

//Load the function

RKSL_InitStatic=Compile PreProcessFile "\RKSL-System\s\RKSLInitStatic.sqf";

//Run this line first for Aces

RKSL_System Set [0,True];

//Assign the common West object name

_CommonNameWest="BIS_AMMOBOXWEST";

//Call the cargo assign command for the West ACE classes

["ACE_AmmoBox_West",<span style='color:RED'>2</span>,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_RuckBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_MedicBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_SpecialBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"

] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

//Assign the common East object name

_CommonNameEast="BIS_AMMOBOXEAST";

//Call the cargo assign command for the East ACE classes

["ACE_AmmoBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_SpecialBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"

//Call RKSL_InitStatic for each new object

[AMMOBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[AMMOBOX02] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[WEPBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[WEPBOXWEST01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[MEDICBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[RUCKBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[sPECBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

//Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign for new each object

[AMMOBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[WEPBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[WEPBOXWEST01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[MEDICBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[RUCKBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[sPECBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

Basically if I had say 9 ammo crates I'd change

Quote[/b] ]["ACE_AmmoBox_West",<span style='color:RED'>1</span>,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"]

to:

Quote[/b] ]["ACE_AmmoBox_West",<span style='color:RED'>9</span>,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"]

And where it says

Quote[/b] ]//Call RKSL_InitStatic for each new object

[AMMOBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

I added like:

Quote[/b] ]//Call RKSL_InitStatic for each new object

[AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06,AMMOBOX07,AMMOBOX08

,AMMOBOX09] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

And still No go. Did I miss a step?

Sorry for annoying ya mate, I'm getting there though, slowly but surely, lol.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Basically if I had say 9 ammo crates I'd change

The value of 1 dictates the size of the object. For example you can load 12 ammo boxes in to a 5ton truck becuase it has a capacity of 12.

Quote[/b] ]Looking at the proxy mission you posted I tried putting multiple West ACE ammo crates down for example and just kept naming them (AMMOBOX01, AMMOBOX02, etc) but it's just letting only one of each type to load (AMMOBOX01, MEDICBOX01, etc).

To initialise 6 ammo boxes placed in the editor, you could write your init.sqf like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//////////////////////////

["ACE_AmmoBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_RuckBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_MedicBox",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_SpecialBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_AmmoBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_WeaponBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_SpecialBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

//Call RKSL_InitStatic and Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign for each new ammo box

{[_x] Call RKSL_InitStatic; [_x] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign} ForeEach [AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06];

You should not need the above commands much longer, we are working with ACES to add support directly. But the example does show one way to configure your own, custom content ammo boxes e.t.c with the system.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for annoying ya mate, I'm getting there though, slowly but surely, lol.

No worries mate, in an ideal world you should not have had to worry about these sort of things.

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone direct me to info on when you need to use the Game Logic RKSL Cargo System objects, which one and why, don't see it on RKSL Website? (Hope I didn't miss it:hm:)

Hi,

The Cargo System Game Logic is used when you have no visible cargo or supported vehicles on the map. So you have to start the scripts using the logic. If you look at the example mission rksl-hiddencargo.Intro, you will see all the vehicles and objects use the hidden cargo commands with standard Arma addons.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Much Appreciated that clears that up. I have all kinds of vehicles ands ships that can load/unload Cargo, it's one of the best AddOns.

Great Work!

Thanks

UNN, thanks for all the help.

I tried putting in your example into the init and where you added:

Quote[/b] ]//Call RKSL_InitStatic and Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign for each new ammo box

{[_x] Call RKSL_InitStatic; [_x] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign} ForeEach [AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06];

I did:

Quote[/b] ]//Call RKSL_InitStatic and Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign for each new ammo box

{[_x] Call RKSL_InitStatic; [_x] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign} ForeEach [AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06,AMMOBOX07,AMMOBOX08,AMMOBOX09

,WEPBOXWEST01,WEPBOXWEST02,WEPBOXWEST03,WEPBOXWEST04,RUCKBOX01,MEDICBOX01];

When I tried to preview the mission in the editor to make sure I did it right, I got this on my screen:

RKSL_1stWay.jpg

I got the same when I just used your example exactly as you posted without the extra boxes added to the same like. So I was then curious, so I pasted in the other one you have for the ACE proxy example mission in and just changed it a bit after reading what those other numbers were for, etc. So here's what it looked like:

Quote[/b] ]//////////////////////////

//Load the function

RKSL_InitStatic=Compile PreProcessFile "\RKSL-System\s\RKSLInitStatic.sqf";

["ACE_AmmoBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"] Call RKSL_AssignCargoTable;

["ACE_SpecialBox_West",1,_CommonNameWest,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXWESTDRAGOBJ"

["ACE_SpecialBox_East",1,_CommonNameEast,"RKSL_CBISAMMOBOXEASTDRAGOBJ"

//Call RKSL_InitStatic for each new object

[AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06,AMMOBOX07,AMMOBOX08,AMMOBOX09

] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[WEPBOXWEST01,WEPBOXWEST02,WEPBOXWEST03,WEPBOXWEST04] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[MEDICBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

[RUCKBOX01] Call RKSL_InitStatic;

//Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign for new each object

[AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06,AMMOBOX07,AMMOBOX08,AMMOBOX09

] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[WEPBOXWEST01,WEPBOXWEST02,WEPBOXWEST03,WEPBOXWEST04] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[MEDICBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

[RUCKBOX01] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;

I tried that way, but again when trying to preview in the editor I saw the following error:

RKSL_2ndway.jpg

I know I'm more than likely doing something stupid and wrong, hopefully you can find where I went wrong. But seeing as you are working with ACE to add support, I might just go with the other method. I mean it's not fair to you to have to keep dealing with this issue. It might be best if I just wait till things are sorted with ACE instead of constantly bugging you guys. But hey, if it's just a minor thing I forgot to do and can figure it out, then I'm happy either way, heh. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry, it was a typo.

It should be ForEach not ForeEach:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x] Call RKSL_InitStatic; [_x] Spawn RKSL_CargoAssign;} ForEach [AMMOBOX01,AMMOBOX02,AMMOBOX03,AMMOBOX04,AMMOBOX05,AMMOBOX06];

You the funny thing is, I noticed that too, but in my minimal knowledge I thought thats how it was suppose to be, lol. Something so simple and right in my face the entire time, heh.

Hi,

Maybe someone could help me with this, i am trying to respawn a Non-RKSL vehicle with the ability to Transport Cargo again. This is what I have written but it crashes to Desktop?

_vehicle SetVehicleInit "[This,16] Call RKSL_TransportAdd;this animate [""lcuramp"", 1];";

processInitCommands;

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

The cargo system handles all the MP stuff itself, so you don't need to use SetVehicleInit. In fact it will cause a CTD if you use those functions with the SetVehicleInit command.

Just do this:

[_Vehicle] Call RKSL_TransportAdd;
_Vehicle Animate ["lcuramp", 1];

The animate command should also work in MP without having to broadcast it to all the clients or JIP's.

Regards UNN

Edited by UNN

Hi,

The cargo system handles all the MP stuff itself, so you don't need to use SetVehicleInit. In fact it will cause a CTD if you use those functions with the SetVehicleInit command.

Just do this:

[_Vehicle] Call RKSL_TransportAdd;
_Vehicle Animate ["lcuramp", 1];

The animate command should also work in MP without having to broadcast it to all the clients or JIP's.

Regards UNN

Perfecto! :bounce3: