Sign in to follow this  
suma

Incremental steering (no autocenter for mouse)

Quote[/b] ]Request for feedback

Our group likes it.

It's better with TrackIR.

Curves seem smooth to take now, using arrow keys and or mouse... w/without TIR.

My first reaction was - "Oh Dear God this is not good!" as I was all over the road LOL!

After having played with non-incremental steering for so long, I had gotten quite good at it. I could hold a Humvee in the right lane at full speed through the mountains. Not now LOL!

But, I am one of those sorts that likes a challenge, and will adjust to it.

If I can't adjust cuz I'm just too old now, then it's very thoughtful you left the option to go back to the "old way" in there lol!

I will admit that I think it's a bit too sensitive, but I can see where it would be better to start off with too much and scale it back rather than too little.

What about mouse movement acceleration ?

Steering depends on mouse movement acceleration instead of the distance the mouse travels.

Slow acceleration -> car wheels turn a bit

Big acceleration -> car wheels turn a lot

When using car more left/right with mouse left/right there seems to be a lag between the moment I move the mouse and the moment the driving wheels turn.

Hi, some kind of Enable/Disable auto-center sounds like a good

solution to please everyone; with a stering wheel or a joystick it

wouldn't be that needed, but with a mouse... it can kill all the passengers

in a bad movement or disable the car. And we all know that the cars

in this game slide like soap pills wich is already enough bad for put

the cars in the right line. Let's C ya

Wow! This actually made me install ArmA again and give it another chance. The mouse autocentering issue was one of my biggest gripes with the game and one of the reasons I went back to OFP.

I've played around with it a little and I agree with previous posters. It does not feel 100% right yet as it is way too sensitive. This makes driving straight impossible but it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully some of the suggestions that have been mentioned will be added in future patches to make steering of vehicles more OFP like. That would be perfect.

I also agree it would be nice to have the possibility to look up and down using the mouse when sitting in a vehicle.

Now that I've had a couple fo weeks of using it, I do like it smile_o.gif

I can hold the car in the lane from the airbase to Chantico with no problem.

Not to fond of the fact that is prevents me from using the mouse on tracked vehicles tho sad_o.gif

I've not really tested it with a mouse, as it is intended, but I did found a problem if you use a controller for vehicles as I do.

I only use mouse and keyboard for short drives.

The problem is that if your mouse is not 100% in the center of your screen it will make your car move a bit more to that position.

It is not a real problem now as I can turn it off, but when fully implemented please have it auto-center when there is another input device being used.